• Geometry problem or not

• Repair Questions and Answers.
Membership Banner

Repair Questions and Answers.

Moderator: Moderators

#377302  by XboXC
 January 10th, 2019, 5:03 am
Hi.
I have 2004 300M 3.5. The car is good but i can't set the geometry.
I mean, the geometry i propably ok (i check it on 3D system - John bean) but sometimes car pulls left, sometimes pulls right. I go to service, but the mechanic can't find any problem. Just - the steering system is very gummy is not stable.

I replaced rod ends, rubbers on rods beside steering rack, all rubbers on control arms (with rubbers on tension struts). I replaced left front strut bearing because old is broken. But the car can't drive straight. Where is problem?
 #377303  by M-Pressive
 January 10th, 2019, 8:01 am
How old are the tires?
 #377313  by LUNAT1C
 January 10th, 2019, 3:35 pm
Rotate the tires, or (if you can) get a different set of tires on the car and see if you still have the problem.

For the past few years I had an issue where the car always wanted to turn left if I didn't hold the wheel straight, and every alignment reading showed everything to be OK. After damaging one of my tires in Indiana last Spring, I had four brand new tires installed, and the problem was corrected. Turns out the old tires weren't wearing correctly, even though they looked OK.
 #377314  by XboXC
 January 10th, 2019, 5:05 pm
Problem is not in tires. I have a summer and winter tires. Yes, the differences are visible between the tires, but change they not resolve the problem. Still it's "gummy".