Chrysler 300M Enthusiasts Club
  • tps percentage

• Repair Questions and Answers.
Membership Banner

Repair Questions and Answers.

Moderator: Moderators

#387813  by GesusPiece63
 May 1st, 2021, 5:35 am
im curious as to what percentage should my tps reading with the car off and my foot not on the gas pedal? because mine is reading 16% and 73% the i push the gas pedal all the way to the floor.
 #387824  by LUNAT1C
 May 3rd, 2021, 12:21 pm
I'm not sure what you mean when you say TPS percentage. When you say TPS I think Tire Pressure System. Can you elaborate? Throttle Position Sensor?
 #387826  by FalKen
 May 3rd, 2021, 4:48 pm
I think he means throttle position sensor. but who am I? lol. just guessing.
 #387829  by FIREM
 May 4th, 2021, 10:15 am
FWIW Throttle Position % should never be 0 or 100 there always must be a "signal" value. When you first "key on" the PCM checks all sensors for a "return" signal. If 0 or 100 were to return it would indicate an "open" or "short" in the circuit.
You would want to check with the engine running for an accurate reading.
As long as it idles and drives properly all is well.
 #387839  by GesusPiece63
 May 7th, 2021, 12:02 am
LUNAT1C wrote: May 3rd, 2021, 12:21 pm I'm not sure what you mean when you say TPS percentage. When you say TPS I think Tire Pressure System. Can you elaborate? Throttle Position Sensor?
Yes, the throttle position sensor. sorry i shouldve wrote that out. last week my car just shut off on me mid-run and Couldn't not get it to start no matter what i did. i wrote this question while troubleshooting and had my scanner was reading the Throttle Position Sensor was reading 16% with my foot off the pedal.
Checked Spark and confirmed i had that, then Fuel and confirmed that i was getting fuel to the motor. Lastly i made sure i had air coming in and confirmed that wasnt the issue. after 2hrs, and visiting this awesome forum, i was able to figure out that my father-in-law did not set the camshaft sensor properly. i re-set it and boom it fired right up.

but then uncle Rodney came knocking. so now i am in the middle of replacing connecting rod bearings and main bearings. crank is in great shape and looks perfect. its a miracle.

My next question is, does anybody happen to know what the torque specs are for the rod caps? Also need the torque specs for the main tray bolts and the oil pan bolts.
 #387840  by FIREM
 May 7th, 2021, 7:21 am
Torque Chart in the Knowladgebase : viewtopic.php?f=83&t=30450
Couple of others worth reading
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=27345
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=31503