Chrysler 300M Enthusiasts Club
  • Looking for repair techs in RI

• Post about dealer experiences
Membership Banner

Post about dealer experiences

Moderator: Moderators

#376386  by chrispy
 October 31st, 2018, 3:15 pm
I'm hoping someone on here knows a good shop in Rhode Island to bring my 2002 300M. I haven't had a regular repair guy since I bought this car 3 years ago. Been going to a chain shop. I've been putting off some "I smell gas" work. I was told it was the fuel injectors but I'm not convinced nor confident to have the job done there. Maybe I'll submit a topic with the problem specifics later. I've spent hours researching these forums and found good info. related to my symptoms. I know there are a lot people who have extensive knowledge on these cars. People who prefer working on older cars. Honest, fair, enthusiastic people. But where are they hiding? I suspect they are swamped with work. Everyone else went to the dealerships for a steady paycheck.
This site is like gold! I thought I was a member but when I couldn't find the Knowledgebase I realized I only registered.
 #376387  by Sneke_Eyez
 October 31st, 2018, 3:19 pm
Where are you in RI, Chris?

There are a group of us that happen to live in MA and have done a LOT of work on these cars.

Fuel smell is often one simple problem: cracked fuel line by the intake plenum.
It can be a very dangerous problem, one of those problems you want to fix immediately.
I've sliced a piece of fuel resistant tubing and slipped it over the cracked line in a pinch, but the real fix is to buy and replace the entire line, which I did on my Special.
 #376389  by chrispy
 October 31st, 2018, 6:01 pm
Hi Ryan. Thanks for reaching out. I'm in N. Kingstown (southern RI). Just a cracked line would be a relief. I'd like to put up all the details but I can't get to it tonight.

Here is a few pics for the heck of it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
 #376392  by Steve From MA
 October 31st, 2018, 11:02 pm
If it's a cracked line it will be right along the back of the motor below the throttle body. easiest way to check would be to put a flashlight down between the brake reservoir and the intake. It took me about 2 hours to do mine on the ground with a set of jack stands. I was able to buy the hose at a local dealer in northern ct - hardest part is running it up behind the motor - you also need to remove that top cross member assembly to have access from above.