• IndyMeet 2013 wrap-up

• Discuss Club Meetings and Functions
Carlisle 2017 Banner

Membership Banner

Discuss Club Meetings and Functions

Moderator: Moderators

#307500  by beespecial
 May 19th, 2013, 3:25 pm
Well, it's over. IndyMeet 2013 is in the books. Done. Complete. Fini. All that's left is for the participants to return safely home. Even though I wasn't able to participate in several activities with the group, this meet has been memorable just the same. Being able to greet everyone at the hotel on Friday, then present the awards and see everyone off on Sunday, at least made me feel like I got to still be a part of the meet.

Thank you all for coming to my home (some of you literally) and once again sharing my passions for 300Ms and IndyCars. Thank you for all the get well wishes and gifts.

Mike - Thanks for the original idea for having a meet here and for all you have done to make each one a resounding success. Your generosity is unequaled.
Bob - Thanks for filling in as the IMS tour guide for me. By now you are definitely qualified for that role.
Keith - Thanks for convincing me that one more time was worth it. The rain on Saturday worried me that this was going to be 'one meet too far'. :lol:
Lindsey - For all that you do, you are truly indispensible and just a joy to be around. I'm sure Stan is very proud as he should be. Keith is a very lucky guy.
Stan C. - It was very nice to meet you and assist in checking an item off of your bucket list.

I'm really looking forward to seeing all the pics and videos that everyone took and getting together again at Carlisle.
 #307502  by YardleyBill
 May 19th, 2013, 3:33 pm
Bob and I would like to protest this post as we are both still at the track. :) It ain't over yet!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368995635.904692.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
 #307555  by YardleyBill
 May 19th, 2013, 9:45 pm
BTW it's 10:45 and Bob and I are still in Indy drinking in the parking lot. :)
 #307560  by Null
 May 19th, 2013, 9:51 pm
YardleyBill wrote:BTW it's 10:45 and Bob and I are still in Indy drinking in the parking lot. :)

you young kids better make it in for curfew
 #307562  by EasyRider300M
 May 19th, 2013, 10:03 pm
better sober up before you get behind the wheel
 #307563  by Null
 May 19th, 2013, 10:06 pm
EasyRider300M wrote:better sober up before you get behind the wheel
+1 or take a cab and set the alarms on your 300's
 #307566  by FIREM
 May 19th, 2013, 10:42 pm
Night night all... we leave after "o dark thirty" in the AM. :P Sober and ready for Drive= Love 8)

(Uncle Tom is not happy I am going home in the AM)
:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
 #307578  by YardleyBill
 May 20th, 2013, 5:47 am
One last M in the parking lot. Almost ready to hit the road.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369046871.637188.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
 #307579  by Shadowvox6
 May 20th, 2013, 6:00 am
Had a great time this weekend...thank you everyone!!
 #307584  by LUNAT1C
 May 20th, 2013, 8:30 am
322 miles from the hotel parking lot to my covered space. Got in around 6:30pm and the only hiccup was a trailer falling off of a Silverado as the truck was passing me and the trailer swinging wildly across the adjacent lanes. Gave me a simultaneous heart attack and stroke. Luckily the lane it swung into was an empty one between us and the trailer itself was empty. I'm sure the driver shat a brick or three. Be mindful of the tongue fully seating on the hitch ball, kids.

Other than that... my cruise control repair was a success. Cruise responds instantly now, and is even a bit overenthusiastic as it accelerates by 2 mph before settling on the set speed.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
 #307660  by M-Pressive
 May 20th, 2013, 7:30 pm
What an incredible trip. 2000 miles round trip and we are home safe. We would do it all over again tomorrow if we had the opportunity.

It was great catching up with new and old friends. This club is full of great people and I am proud to be the president of it.

John and Mike had everything planned out and we had over 20 people at the meet over the course of the weekend. The turnout was excellent and the quality of people and rides were great.

I will try to get a recap done in the next day or two that includes the winners of the awards.

Thanks again to all that attended!
 #307665  by FIREM
 May 20th, 2013, 8:16 pm
"Back home again" in Somerset??? (Just does not fit :ohwell )
Dropped Bill off after our "scout" of Carlisle 8) completed the trip home safe and kind of clean...
Thanks once again to all involved in the plan and set up....
 #307808  by geezer300M
 May 21st, 2013, 3:38 pm
This was the best meet yet. Shirl & I had a blast just watching you all spit polishing your Ms. We were really impressed that Igor made the trip from Russia, thats a cruisin' record. Good to see old friends and meet new ones. Thanks to Mike, John, Bob & Keith for all the hard work. The hotel was excellent and the restaurant choices were superb. "Maybe next year?"
 #307839  by swalker
 May 21st, 2013, 8:50 pm
Rick Y'all need to come to Carlisle
 #307846  by YardleyBill
 May 21st, 2013, 10:12 pm
swalker wrote:Rick Y'all need to come to Carlisle
x2

BTW: some nice shopping near Carlisle. :)