Chrysler 300M Enthusiasts Club
  • Tents & Tables Have Been Ordered

• Join us for an amazing weekend of fun at the 2020 Chrysler Nationals. This is our largest meet of the year.
Membership Banner

Join us for an amazing weekend of fun at the 2020 Chrysler Nationals. This is our largest meet of the year.

Moderator: Moderators

#382998  by M-Pressive
 March 22nd, 2020, 3:02 pm
Put the club's order in for our Carlisle tent and tables.

I don't have a great feeling about Carlisle actually happening. All we can do is plan as if it will and hope for the best.

Carlisle moved their first event(in Florida) this past week. It was rescheduled to the end of May.

Ed from Carlisle and I have exchanged emails and will continue to do so.

Keep hoping for the best!
First Lady, sparky99, Cypressdelight and 2 others liked this
 #383005  by sparky99
 March 22nd, 2020, 7:30 pm
M-Pressive wrote: March 22nd, 2020, 3:02 pm Put the club's order in for our Carlisle tent and tables.

I don't have a great feeling about Carlisle actually happening. All we can do is plan as if it will and hope for the best.

Carlisle moved their first event(in Florida) this past week. It was rescheduled to the end of May.

I'm hoping it still happens. I have been contemplating hard about coming on Thursday instead of Friday. Just to see friends 24 hours sooner and longer.
 #383008  by beespecial
 March 22nd, 2020, 8:42 pm
sparky99 wrote: March 22nd, 2020, 7:30 pm
M-Pressive wrote: March 22nd, 2020, 3:02 pm Put the club's order in for our Carlisle tent and tables.

I'm hoping it still happens. I have been contemplating hard about coming on Thursday instead of Friday. Just to see friends 24 hours sooner and longer.
Arriving on Thursday is WELL worth it.
M-Pressive, Cypressdelight, StealthM and 1 others liked this
 #383011  by Sneke_Eyez
 March 23rd, 2020, 7:12 am
Thursday arrival is certainly worth it, Robert!

Thanks for your efforts as usual, Keith - just have to continue to be positive and hope all of this is resolved by July.
FalKen, Cypressdelight, StealthM and 1 others liked this
 #383019  by Cypressdelight
 March 24th, 2020, 7:19 am
Robert you will not regret coming in on Thursday.

Got my fingers crossed the show goes on...looking forward to being with friends again
 #383039  by Katzchen78
 March 25th, 2020, 12:21 pm
Last year I came on Thursday, but it was late by the time I arrived. Still so glad that I did as it gave me all day Friday to be with everyone. I also stayed until Monday which was great too! No rush to leave at any time, just woke up when I did and left when I felt like it. It is so hard saying good bye to everyone on Sunday at the show. :(
 #383057  by First Lady
 March 25th, 2020, 8:47 pm
Totally agree with everyone about coming in Thursday night. It's great to see everyone and I'm always so excited to start hanging out. It also is nice to have the full day on Friday at the showfield. It really gives you two full days there - Friday and Saturday.

I have a very different feeling about Sunday than those that stay and while I've never done it.....it's the end, most people are gone or leaving and I just see it as time to get home. With as precious as vacation time is...I can't see giving Carlisle a full week due to a drive home (AKA the worst part: goodbyes and drive home!!!) If vacation time grew on trees, I'd be sure to try it once, would probably enjoy it and feel like those that do stay.....but, alas, it doesn't!
 #383059  by First Lady
 March 25th, 2020, 8:54 pm
On another note....maybe we'll have to have a Carlisle Zoom this year!

I see it now....

- everyone is holding their phones/tablets/laptops like a selfie
- stammering around their cars parked in their driveways
- drink in hand

Just not sure how I'd feed you all yet!!!
 #383063  by In-trepid
 March 25th, 2020, 9:59 pm
After staying Sunday night last year, I will be doing it every year now. It was a laid back relaxing time just to wind down. A good share of the Boston crew along with a few others of us had a great time. Gave us a little time to catch up with a couple of people that we hadn't spent much time with on the weekend. There are just too many people and too much going on(even if you stay up half the night) to get time with everyone. Sunday night and Monday morning breakfast time was great.
 #383064  by FIREM
 March 26th, 2020, 6:20 am
With the New Beginning of retirement and the trip now 8 hours we are planning to stay Sunday night. Fresh start in the morning for the drive as l no longer have to be anywhere anymore
Sneke_Eyez liked this
 #383065  by LUNAT1C
 March 26th, 2020, 10:20 am
I've thought about staying Sunday night many times. I always end up leaving after 5pm Sunday from the showfield, arriving home in Michigan sometime after 1a and then heading to the office tired and upset at the quickly reality check. Staying one more night and using one more vacation day would be welcome.

However, like Lindsey said, vacation time is precious. I need to use at least 4 days for Ocean City in order to split up the drive (10 hours to Valley Forge, another 3 to OCMD, versus 12 hours straight through via Maryland). It helps not having Indy every year, which is 2-3 vacation days usually, but I also need to sometimes fill in a couple days at the end of the year for our usual 2 weeks off during the winter shutdown, and take about a week off in summer and/or winter for our typical trips up north in the summer and to Key West in the winter. It'll be 6 years before I get a third week of vacation!

I think about it every year. We'll see. This might be the year I do it, and bite the bullet of an additional night in the hotel plus additional pet sitting visits.
 #383100  by Sneke_Eyez
 March 27th, 2020, 10:07 am
See, for me the vacation day is worth it.

I do not take many vacations, Carlisle is the biggest one I take and brings me immense joy.

In years past, I would be driving home from the showfield late on Sunday night fighting to stay awake.
That was not something I enjoyed.

Now that I am able to get a good night's sleep on Sunday night, the drive home is much safer, and a heck of a lot more fun - Scott and I hit junkyards on the way home and just generally have a good time cruising home. Sometimes in years past we've met up with Steve Williams (00R/T) for dinner on the way home once he is out of work.
It is worth the vacation day for me.
 #383103  by In-trepid
 March 27th, 2020, 1:47 pm
Sneke_Eyez wrote: March 27th, 2020, 10:07 am Sometimes in years past we've met up with Steve Williams (00R/T) for dinner on the way home once he is out of work.
Now you have to have dinner with me on Sunday night! If Steve would bring that beautiful silver 300m to Carlisle, it would be great to have him to join us as well.