Chrysler 300M Enthusiasts Club
  • What is your favorite Carlisle memory?

• Join us for an amazing weekend of fun at the 2019 Chrysler Nationals. This is our largest meet of the year.
Ocean City 2019 Banner

Membership Banner

Join us for an amazing weekend of fun at the 2019 Chrysler Nationals. This is our largest meet of the year.

Moderator: Moderators

#275140  by M-Pressive
 February 15th, 2012, 9:49 am
In an effort to get some more members to attend the Carlisle meet I wanted to start this thread.

Please share your favorite Carlisle memory with the club! Hopefully your words will help to show just how great this meet is and sway some more members to come.

Thanks for taking the time to post!
 #275142  by First Lady
 February 15th, 2012, 10:51 am
Top 10 Reasons Why This Girl Loves Carlisle

10.) A spirited drive to PA with Alan and Bob for the meet in 2010...cutting it pretty close on some of those moves!

9.) Receiving my checker flag belt as a raffle prize in 2010 and sporting it at every meet since!

8.) Keith's home-made wheel covers in 2011 that made his car look like it was straight out of Radiator Springs and Pixar's CARS movie...with a little help from Ralph.

7.) Duck Cakes at The Fire House on Saturday night...yummmm!

6.) Keith winning 1st in the Chrysler Relatives Class in 2010 and the look on the owner of the Dodge Stealth's face because he had been the automatic winner for so long! Nothing like a little competition!

5.) A man with a camera asking Cindy if her sister (me) wouldn't mind climbing into the back of a station wagon for some pictures...he never did use them (probably because I'm laughing the whole time!).

4.) The wide range of presentations from all members. Some simply drive to the show field and park their car, while others are at the field at "0 dark hundred' cleaning and everything in between (including turf grass, generators, and mirrors!)

3.) Bill's wife and girls the entire weekend in 2011...they were so fun, super cute, and wonderful to have their family with us for the weekend! It really is a family affair!

2.5) Stan's Southern charm and great jokes! And his contributions to making fun of Seth-muffin!

2.) Thursday night 2011...standing outside Dave and Cindy's window until the early morning hours in a mega thunder and lightening storm with pouring rain sharing some drinks with friends as they arrived for the weekend!

1.) At my first Carlisle car show in 2010, I had not attended a 300M event before and was welcomed with friendly faces, great conversation, and treated as family! After the first day, I was hooked!

Looking forward to another great year and can't wait to see everyone!
 #275144  by YardleyBill
 February 15th, 2012, 11:06 am
Notice I, myself, did not get mentioned in #3 above. :)

For those of you on the fence about bringing your family, I really enjoyed having my family there last year. I have two girls, ages 5 and 7. And they had a blast! I can't describe how much fun they had giving out the prizes at the dinner last year. And as a dad, that just makes you so happy.

I really enjoy all the fun times together as a group.
 #275146  by First Lady
 February 15th, 2012, 11:18 am
YardleyBill wrote:Notice I, myself, did not get mentioned in #3 above. :) .
And of course you Bill!!! :lol: Just giving a special shout out to the ladies!

It's so great that it is such a family affair!!
 #275156  by 300MaximuM
 February 15th, 2012, 1:48 pm
It was my first meet and the club made a great first impression. We showed up and everyone treated us like family. But my favorite part was the sight and sound show.
 #275159  by M-Pressive
 February 15th, 2012, 2:28 pm
300MaximuM wrote:It was my first meet and the club made a great first impression. We showed up and everyone treated us like family. But my favorite part was the sight and sound show.

That was one of my favorites as well Tyler! I loved the sight and sound show cause it was different and we were able to highlight a different group of modifications.
 #275161  by M-Pressive
 February 15th, 2012, 3:09 pm
My favorite memory happened way back in 2003 at my first Carlisle. I did not know what to expect because I had never actually met anyone from the club before, but everyone ended up being so friendly. I was welcomed into the group like I had been around forever and it really stuck with me all of these years. I am still friends with a lot of the people that I met that weekend and it is one of the biggest reasons why I stay a part of the club. It is like a family, it only takes one meet and you are hooked!
 #275162  by beespecial
 February 15th, 2012, 3:25 pm
Ah, memories of Carlisle...

The approximately 1100 mile round-trip cruise in a great road car.
The 'Flying Pig' in the club tent.
The 'Coolest Club Hangout' awarded to the club by Carlisle. (I think that was the name of it.)
Late night in the hotel parking lot sharing 'The Precious' with my friends.
Arriving on the showfield before the dew is gone only to find I'm not the first one there.
Photo session in downtown Harrisburg.
My hotel room that had a door right into the pool area. (Kind of a good and bad thing)

And the topper...trying to find a package liquor store near the hotel that sells beer by the six-pack. Not knowing the liquor laws in PA, I thought I could just find a package store and grab a six-pack. No. They only sell kegs and cases. Was referred to a bar down the street where I could get a six, while I was there I said to the bartender, "I'd like a fifth of Crown Royal too". He looked at me like I had 3 heads and said, "Nobody sells it that way here. Only by the glass.". I said, "In Indiana, I can buy it at almost any grocery store, even Target!". Culture shock strikes again. (note to self...bring my adult recreational beverages with me this year!)
 #275165  by 300maximilien
 February 15th, 2012, 4:31 pm
beespecial wrote: Photo session in downtown Harrisburg.
I spoke to the Gentleman that set this up for the Club at last years Carlisle. He felt given enough time he could organize it again. I can't remember his name though. I do have his card some where. Anyone know his name?

I think we should try to make it happen again

What say you all?
 #275171  by LUNAT1C
 February 15th, 2012, 4:42 pm
My favorite memory... Every Carlisle from 2004 to 2011, start to finish! I was sad last year that I couldn't be there for the entire show. I left my apartment at 4am after having installed my ENTIRE stereo system by only the Droidlight app on my phone, and rolled into the showfield 6am Saturday morning. I was greeted by Bob and Cory!
 #275207  by beespecial
 February 16th, 2012, 7:37 am
300maximilien wrote:
beespecial wrote: Photo session in downtown Harrisburg.
I spoke to the Gentleman that set this up for the Club at last years Carlisle. He felt given enough time he could organize it again. I can't remember his name though. I do have his card some where. Anyone know his name?

I think we should try to make it happen again

What say you all?
His name is Ralph (mickey88) and he had a pirate painted on the hood of his M. Don't know if I ever knew his last name.
 #275226  by 300maximilien
 February 16th, 2012, 10:29 am
Thanks John....I pm'ed him some ideas I have....will report back!
 #275262  by FIREM
 February 16th, 2012, 7:21 pm
From drinking beer out of the fridg in Keiths trunk and drooling all over his Special to this
I think my mind is fried from Carlisle memories :lol:
 #275266  by YardleyBill
 February 16th, 2012, 8:09 pm
beespecial wrote:And the topper...trying to find a package liquor store near the hotel that sells beer by the six-pack. Not knowing the liquor laws in PA, I thought I could just find a package store and grab a six-pack. No. They only sell kegs and cases. Was referred to a bar down the street where I could get a six, while I was there I said to the bartender, "I'd like a fifth of Crown Royal too". He looked at me like I had 3 heads and said, "Nobody sells it that way here. Only by the glass.". I said, "In Indiana, I can buy it at almost any grocery store, even Target!". Culture shock strikes again. (note to self...bring my adult recreational beverages with me this year!)
Just be thankful you don't live in the state like some of us do!

Though I am lucky because I am on the border so I can go to NJ to get six packs and fifths. Though NJ does not sell any alcohol anywhere other than liquor stores, either. (Some stores with attached liquor stores sell beer and wine in the store.)