Chrysler 300M Enthusiasts Club
  • What is your favorite Carlisle memory?

• Join us for an amazing weekend of fun at the 2019 Chrysler Nationals. This is our largest meet of the year.
Ocean City 2019 Banner

Membership Banner

Join us for an amazing weekend of fun at the 2019 Chrysler Nationals. This is our largest meet of the year.

Moderator: Moderators

#275268  by 300maximilien
 February 16th, 2012, 8:36 pm
Forgot to post my Fav Memory:

Mine was pulling onto the showfield just before lunch time and seeing the smiling faces of friends I had only known via the Internet for years. And then have them welcome me (literally) with open arms! I immediately felt like I belonged.

Thanks to all of you!
 #275273  by LUNAT1C
 February 16th, 2012, 9:27 pm
YardleyBill wrote:
beespecial wrote:And the topper...trying to find a package liquor store near the hotel that sells beer by the six-pack. Not knowing the liquor laws in PA, I thought I could just find a package store and grab a six-pack. No. They only sell kegs and cases. Was referred to a bar down the street where I could get a six, while I was there I said to the bartender, "I'd like a fifth of Crown Royal too". He looked at me like I had 3 heads and said, "Nobody sells it that way here. Only by the glass.". I said, "In Indiana, I can buy it at almost any grocery store, even Target!". Culture shock strikes again. (note to self...bring my adult recreational beverages with me this year!)
Just be thankful you don't live in the state like some of us do!

Though I am lucky because I am on the border so I can go to NJ to get six packs and fifths. Though NJ does not sell any alcohol anywhere other than liquor stores, either. (Some stores with attached liquor stores sell beer and wine in the store.)
When I was still working in Flemington, I would pop in to the liquor outlet in town before heading back to Yardley every once in a while, so I could get just a sixpack!
 #275392  by swalker
 February 18th, 2012, 4:55 pm
The first year 2007 that I won most clean Should have seen look on Bob's face. I ask if he knew what Best of Show really meant he said What. I said Second Most Clean. Ir was a classic moment!
 #275399  by LUNAT1C
 February 18th, 2012, 6:06 pm
swalker wrote:The first year 2007 that I won most clean Should have seen look on Bob's face. I ask if he knew what Best of Show really meant he said What. I said Second Most Clean. Ir was a classic moment!
Good one Stan! I think he's gotten worse since then!
 #275429  by mnitetrain
 February 19th, 2012, 12:31 pm
The fly that busted his butt!!
 #275433  by swalker
 February 19th, 2012, 1:08 pm
When I won again in 2008 on a fluke he really put the heat on Next year I didn't have a chance.
 #282374  by M-Pressive
 May 20th, 2012, 8:04 pm
Keep them coming!

Anyone else want to share their favorite memory?
 #282410  by 02SilverSpecial
 May 21st, 2012, 11:32 am
My favorite memory was last year in the STS rental trying to get the damn thing to burn the tires haha. I most likely won't make it this year because of work I'm pretty bummed :(
 #282413  by Shadowvox6
 May 21st, 2012, 12:06 pm
My best memories are of Seb & Mel's wedding in 2007 IIRC, then of the endless burn-outs in the test drive vehicles right in front of the tent. They kinda frown upon that these days!!
 #284034  by alandw
 June 10th, 2012, 8:14 pm
I think it was my first Carlisle - 2009 (but its all a blur), we had 4 M's heading to the SAT night dinner - we were all literally inches apart - like a NASCAR draft - flying down the final straight before turning into the side street to get to the parking lot. But alas... none of us new where the turn was except for Ken (lead car) and when he hit the brakes from 50 to 5 to make the 90* turn, OMG................... its a good thing M's have great brakes!!

I know Robert remembers. We had to go commando the rest of the night.
 #284067  by M-Pressive
 June 11th, 2012, 9:22 am
alandw wrote:I think it was my first Carlisle - 2009 (but its all a blur), we had 4 M's heading to the SAT night dinner - we were all literally inches apart - like a NASCAR draft - flying down the final straight before turning into the side street to get to the parking lot. But alas... none of us new where the turn was except for Ken (lead car) and when he hit the brakes from 50 to 5 to make the 90* turn, OMG................... its a good thing M's have great brakes!!

I was in Ken's car that night. I thought for sure we were going to have a pile up.
 #286098  by Goofys M
 July 9th, 2012, 3:28 pm
Wow... my favorite memory of Carlisle....is deciding to become a member of the club after attending the first meet. I started looking forward to old friends, new friends, and families for years to follow :!:. However, we really missed all the beer bottles stacked beautifully on the window sill just outside our room last year AND was so disappointed my sister (Lindsey) didn't get her second chance to possibly appear on the front page of a glamour magazine :roll: . Winning a trophy aint so bad either...lol. When you start with one memory, it just starts a snowballing of eventful memories that all seem to be your favorite "one". A big hug to all.
 #286100  by LUNAT1C
 July 9th, 2012, 3:43 pm
alandw wrote:I think it was my first Carlisle - 2009 (but its all a blur), we had 4 M's heading to the SAT night dinner - we were all literally inches apart - like a NASCAR draft - flying down the final straight before turning into the side street to get to the parking lot. But alas... none of us new where the turn was except for Ken (lead car) and when he hit the brakes from 50 to 5 to make the 90* turn, OMG................... its a good thing M's have great brakes!!

Remember those tears in my old seat cushion? I think I had pinched one of them into it that night... good brakes and stiff suspensions kept everything peachy!
 #286101  by LUNAT1C
 July 9th, 2012, 3:44 pm
Goofy's M wrote:Wow... my favorite memory of Carlisle....is deciding to become a member of the club after attending the first meet. I started looking forward to old friends, new friends, and families for years to follow :!:. However, we really missed all the beer bottles stacked beautifully on the window sill just outside our room last year AND was so disappointed my sister (Lindsey) didn't get her second chance to possibly appear on the front page of a glamour magazine :roll: . Winning a trophy aint so bad either...lol. When you start with one memory, it just starts a snowballing of eventful memories that all seem to be your favorite "one". A big hug to all.
You should have seen the look of astonishment on your face when Keith called out your name, Cindy!
 #286105  by Strmvt
 July 9th, 2012, 5:19 pm
Being this is my 1st Carlisle event I have quite a few "favorite" memories. I think the best one though is being welcomed into the family like I was in it the whole time. Learning some cleaning tips from Bob never-dull on the wheel well eh, I thought I was high tech with foaming tire cleaner lol I might have to give you a run for your money next year lol, after all I was lucky to get the R/T back together and running to even make it to the show. I look forward to making many more fond memories @ Carlisle, Ocean City, Indy.