Chrysler 300M Enthusiasts Club
  • My take on Carlisle

• Join us for an amazing weekend of fun at the 2019 Chrysler Nationals. This is our largest meet of the year.
ROM Banner

Membership Banner

Join us for an amazing weekend of fun at the 2019 Chrysler Nationals. This is our largest meet of the year.

Moderator: Moderators

#374886  by dcsally97
 July 16th, 2018, 8:02 pm
All,

I wanted to take some time to thank each and every one of you. I am a pretty shy person, but I felt a kindred spirit before getting there, largely due to how frequently we all post. I admit I was a little afraid of introducing myself, but the ice was broken within a few minutes of pulling in, thanks to John (In-trepid) and also John (beespecial). I figured if they could introduce themselves to a complete stranger, then why couldn't I. I knew many of your faces by reading your posts, and looking at your pictures. After a little while I felt like one of the crowd. You guys are great! I consider all of you my friends now. I enjoyed getting to know some of you, and there is plenty more that I still need to get to know. If I didn't reach out to you, accept my apologies as it wasn't intentional. We were all caught in the same whirlwind of a weekend. I am amazed of how everyone comes together to help each other out. It made me feel good about being a part of "this thing of ours". Keith and Lindsey, what can I say, you guys do so much to make this happen. What we see in a few short days is just a glimpse of what most of the year takes over your life. As stated before, everything is seamless and goes off without a hitch. I am glad to have met and talked to both of you. Bob, you are just there when someone needs your help. Seriously, can we rename knowledgebase to "Bob"? You are living breathing M knowledgebase. Thank you for taking the time to help me, and all the others that you helped over the weekend. I also just want to say thank you to all the others that helped someone out. These are the things that make us such a unique and special club. We should all be proud of ourselves. I am very honored and proud to be a co-recipient of the President's Choice award. I figure if the Taylor's and I made it that difficult for Keith to decide, then we must be doing something right. I honestly think when we arrived, that you all started rubbing off on us (the newbies) right away. You made us feel part of the collective whole. Did I mention Ohio rules? Lastly, and most importantly to me, all of you made an impression on my son Tim. He has been to local car meets and felt like an outcast. Again, all of you made him feel like part of the club/family. I suppose its a good thing since he is deliberating buying an M at some point. Robert, its your fault! He loves Luna. Lindsey, you can share blame also. Its a DSB thing! In closing, I look forward to the next Carlisle or other meet and seeing you guys again. The picture below is why this weekend was priceless to me. Thanks again to everyone,

Doug

First Lady, FalKen, KxWarrior and 7 others liked this
 #374894  by FIREM
 July 17th, 2018, 12:09 pm
Doug & Tim Glad you had a good time. Online forums/email/internet have no "emotion". As you noted the only way to truly experience "This Thing of Ours" is to meet and greet each other face to face. No one can truly understand our "act" without participating at least once.
Maybe we can break you in to sell raffle tickets someday LOL :oops:
Thanks for the kind words about the Knowledgebase however I can not take full credit. That is a collective effort from each and every member here. While I may contribute some of the information, much is gathered at meets and or discussions with others and I do my best to collect and organize it for all to use.
Looking forward to shaking your hands many more times in the future.
 #374903  by In-trepid
 July 17th, 2018, 9:14 pm
A year ago I was the new guy at Carlisle. Like you, I knew the people from the forum and Facebook, but had never met any of the club members face to face. Also like you, I was welcomed by a number of people and was instantly accepted as one of the group, equal to any other person in attendance. I brought my grandson last year and on the way home I asked him what his take on the weekend was. His answer: I'm going back next year. I then asked him what it was that he enjoyed so much and his reply was the people. They treated him well, talked to him, and included him in all of the activities. Quite different than a teen is usually treated. So as I've said before it's the cars that initially bring us together, but it's the people that bring us back. The family of M is the greatest!
 #374917  by Sneke_Eyez
 July 18th, 2018, 11:35 am
Doug, it was wonderful to meet you and Tim!
I am glad you made it, despite the fact that I know you had to work your butt off to get there.
Like many members, you've discovered that attending Carlisle is an experience like no other.
I hope we see you at Carlisle again soon!
dcsally97 liked this
 #374918  by dcsally97
 July 18th, 2018, 11:46 am
Sneke_Eyez wrote: July 18th, 2018, 11:35 am Doug, it was wonderful to meet you and Tim!
I am glad you made it, despite the fact that I know you had to work your butt off to get there.
Like many members, you've discovered that attending Carlisle is an experience like no other.
I hope we see you at Carlisle again soon!
I'm eyeing 2020. That will give me ample time. I think you had a bit more stress with the car than I did. I'm still laughing about calling you Alex, lol. I sent you a PM.
 #374927  by beespecial
 July 19th, 2018, 5:35 pm
Doug, I'm glad I finally got to meet you and your son. Pretty much everyone has the same reaction when they commit to attending a meet with this club. They are hesitant about meeting a group of people they don't know so they delay going. And then one day they take the plunge and meet the members. Then they wonder why they didn't come sooner.
When I went to my first organized club meet in Kansas City, I was hooked. The people were so welcoming and fun to be around, I knew I would be attending more meets in the future. You were lucky enough to make your first meet the 25th anniversary at Carlisle. Sometimes I marvel at how long I have been a member of this club but then I think of the friendships I have made because of it and I am really glad that I joined and decided to meet the members face to face.
dcsally97 liked this
 #374930  by StealthM
 July 19th, 2018, 8:36 pm
Oh sooo true. It was a true pleasure to meet with you and Tim. Myself and Steph had the same reservations about meeting members but that disappeared rather quickly... I can t wait until next year... and yes I polished my rims when I got home....lol
dcsally97, beespecial liked this
 #374995  by Cypressdelight
 July 23rd, 2018, 6:13 am
Went from Carlisle to Washington DC/Arlington/Mount Vernon for a 3-day whirlwind sightseeing tour then arriving home to an enormous honey-do list (just completed) so I now have the time to reflect on my first year at Carlisle. I can echo what Doug and John have said already; I too had reservations meeting new people as I got closer to the hotel. My fears were eliminated meeting my first club member, FIREM, who welcomed us with a warm broad smile and a strong handshake and so did everyone else we met from that moment on. My navigator (can't tell you how many times we got lost with a GPS!) and #1 grandson Erik was very impressed with the show and cars, especially the Hellcat rides, but he could not stop talking about the wonderful people he met. You'll made us feel like we were coming home to a family reunion. Keith and Lindsey, you are both fantastic, don't know where all that energy comes from but your love of people and the club is evident from the moment we met; a heartfelt thanks for all you do! Getting an award this trip was not an objective so winning two at my first show was overwhelming; I've now got the competitive bug and some great mod ideas for next year's show. Thanks to everyone for making our first meet such a memorable one and we hope to see all again in Carlisle in 2019.
beespecial, LUNAT1C liked this
 #375035  by YardleyBill
 July 25th, 2018, 9:59 am
Cypressdelight wrote: July 23rd, 2018, 6:13 am we hope to see all again in Carlisle in 2019.
Just remember ... no Rolling Rock!
 #375036  by Cypressdelight
 July 25th, 2018, 10:06 am
You mean Rolling Rot!...and NO St. Croix, Virgin Islands Mango Flavored Rum either...Heineken all the way for me and you're welcome to have as many as you like :D :D :D :D
 #375037  by StealthM
 July 25th, 2018, 12:03 pm
And lets not play parking lot key find again Ed......
 #375038  by dcsally97
 July 25th, 2018, 12:12 pm
Did you ever find the raffle tickets Ed?
 #375039  by Cypressdelight
 July 25th, 2018, 12:19 pm
Nope...and if Erik found them he'll never tell me but would tell his Nana and she hasn't said a thing to me...so the tickets did the Houdini thing :roll: ...are you already packed for your FL excursion...we have been having VERY heavy T-storms each afternoon with 50+ mph winds yesterday :eek :eek :eek ...they come in fast and stay about 3 hrs so be careful when you're driving...remember ride safe and enjoy life! :D :D
 #375040  by Cypressdelight
 July 25th, 2018, 12:25 pm
Ah! the infamous key loss :oops: ...you know if was the Rolling Rot that made me do it :roll: ...so next year Heineken and Johnny Walker Blue :D :D :D ...got a bottle stashed away for a special occasion and 2019 Carlisle maybe it...plus I'm taking 2 car keys to the next event! :!: :!: :!:
 #375054  by Sneke_Eyez
 July 26th, 2018, 8:02 am
Cypressdelight wrote: July 25th, 2018, 12:25 pm Ah! the infamous key loss :oops: ...you know if was the Rolling Rot that made me do it :roll: ...so next year Heineken and Johnny Walker Blue :D :D :D ...got a bottle stashed away for a special occasion and 2019 Carlisle maybe it...plus I'm taking 2 car keys to the next event! :!: :!: :!:
Johnny Blue?! Now we're talking.
Keith and I love Johnny Blue.