Chrysler 300M Enthusiasts Club
  • Important Update - Ocean City 2020

• Join us for an amazing weekend of food, fun and family in Ocean City, MD.
John Benjamin Memorial Virtual Car Show Banner

Membership Banner

Join us for an amazing weekend of food, fun and family in Ocean City, MD.

Moderator: Moderators

#383402  by M-Pressive
 April 10th, 2020, 8:47 am
Hey Everyone,

I am not sure if anyone noticed but the Ocean City event that happens in May every year was just canceled for 2020.

The club has not gone to this event in many years but the cancellation is going to have a big impact on the meet in October. They are moving people's registrations for the cancelled event to October or next May. This means the October event is going to fill up extremely fast.

Lindsey has a block of rooms put aside for us already (really great this is done early) but registrations are going to get cut off way sooner this year. I know a bunch of us registered at the show last year so we are covered. If you have not registered yet I would recommend doing so ASAP if you plan on coming. Even if you are on the fence I would register now. You can get a refund but registering now reserves a spot for your car.

October 8-11

https://specialeventpro.com/endless-summer-cruisin

Join us for a low key event with lots of great food and friends!
 #383404  by StealthM
 April 10th, 2020, 12:43 pm
Keith I saw that too. The May show has been cancelled until 2021 but Jay Leno who was going to be at the may show has been moved to our weekend....
 #383408  by M-Pressive
 April 10th, 2020, 1:22 pm
StealthM wrote: April 10th, 2020, 12:43 pm Keith I saw that too. The May show has been cancelled until 2021 but Jay Leno who was going to be at the may show has been moved to our weekend....
Yup, our show is going to be packed! Going to need another early run to the inlet to secure those prime spots!
 #383409  by First Lady
 April 10th, 2020, 1:25 pm
StealthM wrote:Keith I saw that too. The May show has been cancelled until 2021 but Jay Leno who was going to be at the may show has been moved to our weekend....
Someone funny...cue the chin joke!!
 #383410  by First Lady
 April 10th, 2020, 1:27 pm
Hopefully attendance will be the only challenge this year and not flooding like last year. It will be quite interesting if so!! Restaurants will be packed and the fry line as well....I’ll be in the Kohr’s line of you need me!
beespecial liked this
 #383420  by StealthM
 April 11th, 2020, 12:03 am
Well at least we are registered for this year. Haven't quite figured out how to mount pontoons on StealthM. Now that's a mod that's never been done.....hehehe
 #383426  by First Lady
 April 11th, 2020, 9:18 am
StealthM wrote: April 11th, 2020, 12:03 am Well at least we are registered for this year. Haven't quite figured out how to mount pontoons on StealthM. Now that's a mod that's never been done.....hehehe
Well, let's put our heads together on this one.....
You sort out that mounting location and fabricate what's needed. I'm envisioning some sort of bracket to hold the paddles similar to how those silly glass holders mounted on the B pillar. I'll start carving a set for you now. Our house is next to some woods and there's plenty of fallen tress I can pick from. I think the 'inflate' action needs to come from a button - Kieth, you work on how that will work and the electrical part. Robert should provide measurements and calculations given pre and post weights of passengers, amount of seagull pooh we can take on, and turning radius needed to get down a one way street the wrong way. Please be sure you consult with Steph to account for candy distribution - does each piece now need a personal flotation devise? Cindy and Dave need to sort out construction of the pontoons themselves...with the amount of sewing that happens in that house, they might be ready by October! Nick and Wendy, PLEASE map our route to rum buckets - I envision we'll need plenty! Bob and Darlene need to ensure we have proper flags for all occasion. John and Barb will conduct the swimming along side - anyone have a waterproof camera? As well as ensuring we're waving and appropriately staged for each OC live feed camera we pass!

We still need members to fill in the party boat...isn't that what pontoon boats are good for?! Who's with us?!
beespecial, StealthM liked this
 #383434  by StealthM
 April 11th, 2020, 12:44 pm
Redneck yacht club... seems like you have put a lot of thought in this lindsey. I like where your going with this...lol
First Lady, beespecial liked this
 #383437  by FIREM
 April 11th, 2020, 3:57 pm
No excuse this year, we will attend! As long as we are out of this present situation
 #383496  by LUNAT1C
 April 13th, 2020, 10:26 am
I saw that email from OC as well and thought to myself "So glad we all registered at the inlet last year, for this year! A lot of people will move to October".

Sounds like after dinner Friday night, we're heading to the inlet for Saturday spots!

Lindsey, I have a waterproof Fujifilm camera that I bought for snorkeling on cruises! Works awesome.
 #383577  by FIREM
 April 17th, 2020, 1:09 pm
Registered !!
We are interested in t attending the Jay Leno Show....anyone else??? :wink:
 #383587  by StealthM
 April 17th, 2020, 11:58 pm
Would be cool for him to show up at the inlet. Maybe a picture with the gang.....
 #383592  by beespecial
 April 18th, 2020, 7:23 am
Hey, I'm trying to get the band back together. We're registered for OC!

Still not 100 percent that we'll be there but I'm trying to make it happen by making the first step.
First Lady, FIREM, M-Pressive and 1 others liked this
 #383599  by FIREM
 April 18th, 2020, 1:13 pm
Here is a Blast from the Past that I bet very few if any were aware of. Apparently Jay Leno has (or had) a 2001 300M in his collection. https://300mclub.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=8762
 #383601  by M-Pressive
 April 18th, 2020, 2:12 pm
beespecial wrote: April 18th, 2020, 7:23 am Hey, I'm trying to get the band back together. We're registered for OC!

Still not 100 percent that we'll be there but I'm trying to make it happen by making the first step.
I don't think any of us are 100% right now.

I am really hoping we can all get together!