• Interior lighting

• LH Interior Modification Discussions
25th Anniversary LH Platform Celebration

Membership Banner

LH Interior Modification Discussions

Moderator: Moderators

#378280  by Katzchen78
 March 17th, 2019, 8:50 pm
I have seen some interior lights that were changed from green to blue. Is it possible to change ALL of the interior lighting? I am really wanting to go with the color purple. :) How many people change the interior lighting colors?
 #378281  by adu1982
 March 17th, 2019, 9:42 pm
No not all. The cluster lights can only be changed to blue I think. Rest of lights are easier , but not cluster, they are not light bulbs, like most car clusters of that age. There are some posts here about color changes.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Katzchen78 liked this
 #378294  by LUNAT1C
 March 18th, 2019, 11:26 am
Depends on the location. Gauge cluster cannot. Screens for shifter position, mileage, ATC, EVIC will be difficult and require colored gels to get purple. Difficult because the light you're starting with is greenish.

Other locations are easier. Any location that achieves the green color with a blue bulb sheath should be replaceable with a purple LED. Any location that uses a blue gel will be very hard. I believe ATC and EVIC use gels, while the headlight switch, clock, 1st gen keyring use sheaths. Radio probably uses gels. I haven't taken apart the door switches yet as I haven't gone very far in my own conversion to ice blue. Blue is much easier to switch to. Other colors require more work.
Katzchen78 liked this
 #378336  by Katzchen78
 March 20th, 2019, 7:36 pm
Yours will look amazing with all blue lights inside!!!

I really would love the purple, but if I can't get it all purple I don't know if I want to do it.

If you have two different shades of a color under the hood, how bad would that look? I bought the purple tubes to cover the pipes, cords, etc and want to paint some caps and such purple too. I can't find the same shade of purple though.