Chrysler 300M Enthusiasts Club
  • Seat Change

• LH Interior Modification Discussions
Membership Banner

LH Interior Modification Discussions

Moderator: Moderators

#381936  by ZDaniels
 January 17th, 2020, 8:39 pm
Hey guys, so I was wondering what all I could use for options to replace my seats with

So, I was initially thinking an Intrepid cloth seats, but I can't remember or find if they have cup holders in the back. But I was also thinking about putting Town and Country seats in the car, a bit of a stretch, I know

But I'm trying to personalize the car to say "This is what luxury means to me", so I don't know, in terms of comfort, what kind of seats are feasible for the Chrysler. Ultimately, I'm not going to be able to get brand new ones, yet

But what I want to do is replace all my leather seating, and put in some cloth seats, and the rear seats have to have a cup holder in the back instead of an arm rest
 #381974  by Sneke_Eyez
 January 21st, 2020, 2:05 pm
Hello Zachary and welcome to the Club.

As for drop-in cloth seat options, your best bet is a set of Intrepid ES cloth seats.
The Intrepid ES had upgraded cloth from the Intrepid SE/base, which also had cloth seats.
The rear seat in an Intrepid ES also had a cupholder in the flip down arm rest and the rear seat is usually 60/40 split folding like a 300M rear seat.

I'm surprised your 1999 doesn't have a cupholder in the back, as I thought most 300Ms had the cupholder.

No other cloth seats will mount easily into your car, and I can say that from looking at a Town and County, the seats are of a completely different design.

My advice to you is to visit your local "You Pull It" junkyard and explore what they have for cars and seats available.
They will likely have an Intrepid or two with cloth seats you can evaluate for your own car.

As someone who has owned both Intrepid SE and ES cloth seats, my choice are the ES cloth - and that's what will get you the rear seat cupholder as well.

Good luck.
 #381977  by LUNAT1C
 January 21st, 2020, 3:46 pm
Best cloth seat... Intrepid ES with the split folder rear seat.

Luxurious and comfortable? 300M Luxury package had the most comfortable seats of any 2nd gen LH, but none of them were cloth. I believe Euro 300Ms got cloth seats from the Intrepid ES if it wasn't optioned with leather.