• Drivers side armrest crack - mod

• LH Interior Modification Discussions
2020 Calendar Banner

Membership Banner

LH Interior Modification Discussions

Moderator: Moderators

#375076  by Null
 July 28th, 2018, 1:35 am
Sorry for the click-bait title, but I was hoping there were some ideas out there on how to add comfort to the armrest maybe something like this
https://www.americantrucks.com/snaprest ... uct_pics-0 maybe not as thick, that could cover the crack in the armrest and provide added comfort for long drives but also stay in place.
 #375094  by adu1982
 July 29th, 2018, 5:16 pm
If I would do something I would just go for more padding and then upholster it. Something like that , while it may be good , like comfortable, it would look quite out of place and ugly....

When I had an explorer , for which I could not find a center piece that wasn't torn, I bought reupholstering material and padding and made the center explorer hand rest quite comfortable.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

#375114  by LUNAT1C
 July 31st, 2018, 4:54 pm
Something I considered in the past was to disassemble the door panel, remove the factory soft-touch material, add a small layer of foam, and then re-upholster and reassemble the door. Problem is, I worry that the door panel would creak a lot more after all that molestation, may not necessarily go back together given it's heat-staked together, and finding the right replacement material to cover the armrest that matches the upper panel.
 #375115  by Null
 July 31st, 2018, 5:17 pm
I've taken apart a center console lid before and it has a good amount of padding in it. I don't have a spare right now (need to do a yard run) but was thinking of macgyver-ing something together that would add the padding i need and cover up the crack. Just an idea
 #375157  by Null
 August 4th, 2018, 9:30 am
went to a yard and struck out. Does anyone in the club have a spare leather center console armrest?
 #375173  by adu1982
 August 5th, 2018, 2:33 am
What collor. I might have a black from my special , unless I threw it out. I can check tomorrow.

Null liked this
 #375174  by Null
 August 5th, 2018, 2:53 am
that will work if you still have it
 #375212  by Null
 August 9th, 2018, 11:06 pm
adu1982 wrote: August 5th, 2018, 2:33 am What collor. I might have a black from my special , unless I threw it out. I can check tomorrow.

how'd u make out?