Chrysler 300M Enthusiasts Club
  • Chrysler 300M - 2021 Virtual Car Show Category

• Our virtual car show is dedicated to John Benjamin who passed away in 2020. This yearly show is open to all active members of the club.
Membership Banner

Our virtual car show is dedicated to John Benjamin who passed away in 2020. This yearly show is open to all active members of the club.

Moderator: Moderators

#388187  by BOD

This thread will contain all of the Chrysler 300Ms that are participating in the John Benjamin Memorial Virtual Car Show.

Each post can contain up to 4 pictures and have a description that is up to 500 words.
No mod lists allowed

This thread will be open between June 14th at 9:00 AM EST and June 19th at 9:00 PM EST.

Contest voting will begin on June 20th at 9:00 AM EST and end on June 30th at 9:00 PM EST.

To vote simply click the like button next to the post you like.

Get those posts added and lets have some fun!
 #388245  by 4thgenChryslerfam

It is such an honor to be a part of an amazing group like this. I did not have the chance to meet John, but after hearing so much about him I have no doubts I missed a great opportunity.

So, here is my Car. It is not much, but im very happy with the purchase and the chance to join this amazing community. I have a 2002 Pro-Am base 300m. Soon to be a special clone (maybe). Nothing crazy done to it other than some tasteful mods. But seeing less and less of these cars really brings out the joy in me that I own one! Mine is still such a baby, with 56k original miles. But that means I plan to have her for the long run!

#388246  by Cypressdelight

Hello fellow 300M enthusiasts and car lovers alike. I am thrilled to participate in this the First Annual John Benjamin Memorial Virtual Car Show. John was a beloved member of our fraternity and honoring him this way shows we are more than a car club; we are a family. Thanks to all who have tirelessly worked to make this show a reality. To all my fellow competitors, regardless of category, I wish you the very best of luck.

Let me tell you about my beautiful plain Jane 2000 300M Base, “Cypressdelight”:

After my 1992 Chrysler New Yorker was racking up more miles on the back of a AAA tow truck then on its odometer it was time to get a replacement. So, in October 1999, never having a new car before, I researched everything about the 300M before going to the local Chrysler dealer. Wanting my wife to share my enthusiasm, for the shiny, fully loaded Inferno Red 300M Special I had selected on a clandestine dealership visit, I brought her along for a test drive. Unfortunately, after the test drive she told me and the dealer while loving the car she hated the color. She owned a red 95 Firebird and the Florida sun had turned her car an orange-red color. So, we walked the lot looking for just the right color 300M and finding none pleasing to her we walked back to my old New Yorker junk bucket for the ride home. Suddenly, she noticed this beautiful Light Cypress Green 300M coming into the lot on a delivery truck. The rest is history; my wife drove her new car off the lot that day…

I have tried to keep the car in as close to original condition as possible; with the only modifications being replacing all speakers with Keeper speakers, Spyder headlights, rear spoiler, clear lens taillights and walnut cockpit wood trim. Since driving off the dealer lot with 5 miles on the odometer, she has been maintained by the scheduled maintenance book with the no major repairs done to her.

Thanks for taking the time to read about my Cypressdelight; so, named for the tall indigenous Florida cypress tree and the delight we have in driving her. She maybe plain but she is our queen on the road.

ImageHosted on Fotki

ImageHosted on Fotki

ImageHosted on Fotki
 #388247  by BrandonNestor2311

A devoted Chrysler owner, my grandfather was the first in my family to own a 300m in 1999. That was the year that I was born. In fact, it was the car that brought me home from the hospital, so you could say that my love for the 300m started right from the start. A year later, my father purchased a 1999 300m in bright platinum metallic, in which I would sit behind the steering wheel and pretend to drive when I was young. Unfortunately, my grandfather’s white car was damaged beyond repair, but he liked it so much it was replaced with another white 1999 300m. Because he knew how much I loved 300m’s, in 2014 my grandfather gave me that car.

Over the years my father and I have been slowly making a few upgrades and trying to keep it looking new. A few of these include: replacing the alloy rims with chrome ones; replacing the clock, which now has the old Chrysler logo on it; and repairing the very first appearance of rust. There are still things we want to work on. The mileage currently is at 242,369. More than ever, we really appreciate owning a 300m, since we see fewer and fewer on the road. They truly are a special car.

#388258  by 300MPoland

Hello everyone,
I am excited to be in the virtual show!

Brand: Chrysler
Model: 300M
Year of production: 1999
Version: European
Color: PS4 Bright Platinum Metallic

ImageHosted on Fotki

ImageHosted on Fotki

ImageHosted on Fotki

ImageHosted on Fotki
 #388262  by sdugasjr

Howdy peoples!

I've got myself a 2000 Chrysler 300M with a 3.5L V6, finished in Inferno Red Pearl.
The car currently has 157,000 (ish) miles on it.

I picked the car up in June of 2020, as the second owner, with only 146,000 miles on it! The car was very well maintained by the previous owner, replacing the timing components before selling and even a new radiator a few years prior! The only issue with the car was that the 5 disc changer wasn't working.

Since owning I have only had to do oil changes, struts, and now a developing exhaust leak (thank you road salt lol), with it being my daily I'm trying everything in my power to keep it safe and reliable for as long as I can. Ive since replaced a coolant reservoir, front window regulators and motors, and other preventative maintenance items.

With the help of the club of course :)

Update: added more recent photos; updated mileage

ImageHosted on Fotki
D60146C9-D6E4-4457-875C-9BC567C1EBB4.jpeg
AA3EBABA-11DE-4674-BC7A-743B920D3ACE.jpeg
E96AC7CD-89E0-4E93-867B-E75DFF96F079.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
 #388266  by pc2001chrysler

I purchased my 2001 300M brand new. It had since been parked and covered under a carport since 2010 and had only 7,160 when we pulled it out this past June. We’ve put almost $1,000.00 in it getting it up to par to drive. New tires, fuel pump, battery, brake pads and turned the rotors, changed the oil, freon, new serpentine belt, water pump and timing belt. The car had not been uncovered for almost 10 years. We didn’t know what to expect. It had some mold inside but cleaned up well. Luckily the paint is in really good shape. And the interior is like new. Several rat nests shot out the exhaust when we started her up. We named her Silvia. She has been running great and we really enjoy driving her. We’ve put her to the test putting 6,000 miles on her since June. One of the first things we did was look up groups on Facebook and we came across the ‘Chrysler 300M Enthusiasts Club’ page. We’ve learned a lot about the car here. And we hope to be able to put some names with some faces by attending some events next year!

ImageHosted on Fotki

ImageHosted on Fotki

ImageHosted on Fotki

ImageHosted on Fotki
 #388274  by 300GEM

Greetings, fellow LH owners!

My love affair began in May 2012 when I purchased my 2003 Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl 300M base as my very first car. It was a bit of a fixer-upper mechanically (transmission in limp mode, brake booster problems, etc.), and with the help of my dad, we brought the car back to life and restored it to its former glory.

My M has been a huge part of my life and has taken me many places and introduced me to many faces. It has been with me through several milestones, including graduation from high school, graduation from college, and was my winged chariot to and from the Carlisle Chrysler Nationals in 2017. My M is a deer collision survivor and kept me safe in a terrifying weather-related accident on black ice that nearly ended the life of the car. It has been a great companion over the years and the 300M Club has allowed me to share the love I have for my car with other like-minded enthusiasts.

I have other vehicles besides the M, including vintage Jeeps and a GM SUV. Even though my M is the best snow car I've ever had, I don't drive it in the winter anymore in an effort to preserve its longevity. It has been more than 8 years and since I bought my 300M, but I cannot let it go. I am still amazed by its luxury, utility, and capability. Whenever I look at it, I am continually reminded of why I enjoy it so much and why I bought it in the first place. My M may not be a true 300M Special, but it will always be special to me. :)

Besides a few simple upgrades including window tint, polished exhaust tips, chrome shift knob, and a removable Mopar roof rack, I have mostly kept the car original as how it had come from the factory. The LH cars sure have aged gracefully. I've tried to do my best in making sure that my M continues to do so in style.

Thanks for reading and good luck, friends!

ImageHosted on Fotki

ImageHosted on Fotki

ImageHosted on Fotki

ImageHosted on Fotki
 #388275  by StealthM

Hello all this is StealthM. She is a 2000 base 300M with 107,000 miles on the clock. I bought her new in March of 2000. Time did take a toll on her over the years as old age does to all of us. When her motor crapped out at 98,000 I was at a crossroads replace the engine or scrap the car. Well as you can see from the pictures I kept her. Although slightly modded I am trying to keep her as stock as possible with just slight upgrades and mods. I wanted to keep her sleek lines and sexy hips. But that's a tough call considering the awesome rides that this club has. I am happy to be a part of this wonderful group of people that I now call family, and not to forget the ones who have passed on. Thank you everyone for your support and friendship. Stay safe and enjoy the show...
ImageHosted on Fotki

ImageHosted on Fotki

ImageHosted on Fotki

ImageHosted on Fotki
 #388279  by geralopez

300M Base Category
It is a pleasure to be part of this group of enthusiasts as well as this first virtual car show, it has been a great place to learn, to share and to find a lot of good friends with the same liking, our 300M’s. Talking about my ‘M, this car has been with me since I went to a local Chrysler dealer in November 2002, I arrived so decided to buy this beautiful car after I was comparing with other similar cars at that year. Since that date, I have been taking care about my ‘M but mainly in the latest year, around 5 year. Approximately 5 years ago, I stopped in a “Y” road trying to decide to buy a new car or to keep her and invest my budget in mod’s and customized stuff according my ideas, tastes and free time. My final decision was to keep it and the result was as you can see in my pictures, an old car but with a modern touch an aggressive look that still get and attract the sights of many people. It is not so easy to stay depending of external shops were you don’t know if they will get your ideas completely, fortunate and due a good luck for me, the guys that works with my ideas to customize my car, were successfully placed in the body kit. As everybody in this respectful group, ever one has his own ideas about the future of our cars, maybe to keep it as stock or to make “M’pressives mods” or just to run it as a daily drive until the time or any dramatic event lays off our loved cars. In my case, I love modifications, maybe not so extreme but just thinking as an engineer designer and thinking always how this car will evolutionary in the future, not like the 300 or 300C but as a the original 300M. We have currently a lot of good sources that help us a lot with our ideas (sometimes crazy) and to keep these ladies radiant and beautiful every day. I’m very excited with this event and I would like to thanks to the board of “300M Enthusiasts Club”, to give the opportunity to participate in the Ride of the Mouth this year, my M’ was selected as the winner of June 2020 and I will be very happy to be part of the Calendar in 2021 and best of all to be part of the history of this grateful and select club. I’m in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico (very close to the border with USA). I hope you enjoy the pictures I’m showing here. Good luck for every competitor in this grateful “John Benjamin Memorial Virtual Car Show”. Best Regards, Gerardo Lopez

#388280  by TrepKing95

Hi everyone, My entry into the Virtual Car Show is my 1999 Chrysler 300M Base, which I purchased for a whopping $150.00 on September 10, 2016.

I had just started in the Auto Servicing Technology program at Monroe Technology Center vocational school, and in our first fire drill of the year, we went down to the secondary lot for the Automotive programs, and that’s where I first laid eyes on Emma. I already had my 1995 Dodge Intrepid ES, and I knew a fair amount about LH cars, so I said to the teacher “Hey, Mr. Mills… That’s a nice car right there!” to which he replied: “We’ve had that one for a while, and it’s going to scrap shortly. If you want it you can have it for $150.” I paid cash the next class. After that I finally started to figure out what I was getting into, took the jump box down to it and found no battery in the car, no dipstick, and the left rear window had been left down for who knows how long. Once I got the battery connected, I found that she had 202,311mi on the odometer. After I got it started, I drove it up to the main lot where all the cars we were using for teaching were usually parked. I used a plastic seat cover to protect the interior from further damage until I could diagnose the bad window switch. I also found that there was a good amount of maintenance and small repairs associated with the vehicle having sat for a long time, but before I could start repairs, I had to come up with a title, as the original one was nowhere to be found! Following the Virginia Abandoned Vehicle process, I was able to procure a title, and put the car on the road on January 27, 2017, and was able to complete all the maintenance and repairs needed to make a reliable vehicle. After about 17,000 miles of great service on April 8, 2018, I had just left my friends dorm in Richmond, VA, made it approximately 3 blocks, and rear-ended a 2007 Scion TC. It was without a doubt the worst day I’d ever had with the car, but I was determined to make it to 220,000mi. I rebuilt the car as best I could, and attended Carlisle 2018 with my Champagne hood! It’s been a long road getting back together after the wreck, but for Carlisle 2020, I was awarded 3rd place in the Base 300M category! I am planning to have a body shop correct the last of the damage from the wreck, and get the whole car repainted soon.

I would like to thank everyone for reading the story of my “300Emma” and all the other contestants in the base 300M category, and may the best M win!

First Picture I ever took of my car.^

The best she looked before the wreck^

The worst she’s ever looked….. ^

As she sits today^

Moving forward I plan to send the car to a good body shop to get the collison damage properly repaired, and then go straight into the paint booth!
 #388287  by FIREM

Hi All, Bob Day, here from my retirement home in Myrtle Beach SC. My 2002 Inferno Red Tinted Pearl Coat M aka FIREM was the first new car I ever purchased. When I first saw a 300M I just had to have one. 10/01/01 I purchased the car with 8 miles on it , now north of 217000, and still looks showroom fresh. Just as the club celebrates 20 years, I also celebrate 20 years of owning my M. I "Lurked" on the club site prior to ownership and finally became a dues paying member in October of 2002. In 2007 I stepped up and became a member of the Board of Directors and have served faithfully ever since. Holding many positions over the years and presently serving as Secretary and, FOTKI Captain, to "This Thing of Ours"
Over the years I have developed a few unique "mods", I prefer to say "Enhancements" and made many contributions to the "Knowledgebase" section of the forum.
I have authored a few "Historical Documents" for the club over the years.
I openly share my skills as technician and have opened my garage to many members for repair and maintenance of their beloved M's.
I am reminded daily of my passion for the club as each time I open the doors of FIREM the one of a kind Club Logo welcome lights project on the ground. Every Club meet is is easy to find our group. Just look for the one of a kind "Club Flag" flying just beneath the American Flag high above the show field.
Had to use some "stock" photos as FRIEM is sequestered to the garage for the new driveway mod......
 #388308  by mrsdrmopar69

Hey everyone my name is Moe and this is my 2000 Dark Garnet Red 300m me and my husband bought from club member Mike Stepp in January of 2021 for $1200. She is immaculate and very well taken care of and I couldn’t ask for anything more.

So far she had the 300m Special rear bumper rims and exhaust so my husband and my wonderful kids decided to continue working on the car to make her into a Special and that was fulfilled in May 2021. She looks so good and I look forward to many memories with the car and club members alike in the years to come

Thank you for looking at My Lady Charlemagne ❤️
 #388319  by IS300M

Scott Geary here, I purchased my 2004 Chrysler 300M in 2007 with 10,500 miles on it after graduating from college. This was not my first foray into the LH platform, as a child my parents had a 1994 Chrysler New Yorker(white exterior and blue cloth interior), and a 1998 Dodge Intrepid ES(Candy Apple Red exterior and Medium Quartz Interior). My first car was a 1999 Cinnamon Glaze Intrepid with an Agate cloth interior that was totaled way too soon, I replaced that with a 1999 Chrysler 300M in Dark Slate with an Agate interior. I also own a 2001 Chrysler LHS with some pretty severe under-body rust so it is parked currently.

I love the lines of the LH Platform cars, and every time I walk out of a store or across a parking lot and I see my car I fall in love with it again. I have completed many mods and upgrades to my car and still have some changes coming in the future.