Chrysler 300M Enthusiasts Club
  • Dodge Intrepid - 2021 Virtual Car Show Category

• Our virtual car show is dedicated to John Benjamin who passed away in 2020. This yearly show is open to all active members of the club.
Membership Banner

Our virtual car show is dedicated to John Benjamin who passed away in 2020. This yearly show is open to all active members of the club.

Moderator: Moderators

#388185  by BOD

This thread will contain all of the Dodge Intrepids that are participating in the John Benjamin Memorial Virtual Car Show.

Each post can contain up to 4 pictures and have a description that is up to 500 words.
No mod lists allowed

This thread will be open between June 14th at 9:00 AM EST and June 19th at 9:00 PM EST

Contest voting will begin on June 20th at 9:00 AM EST and end on June 30th at 9:00 PM EST.

To vote simply click the like button next to the post you like.

Get those posts added and lets have some fun!
 #388238  by Sneke_Eyez

This is my 2002 Dodge Intrepid ES.

It is my first car, I bought it on May 19, 2005, after a long search for just the right car. I wanted a Ram – it is a good thing my parents didn't let me buy one back then!

From the factory, the car was built with a 3.5 non-HO, cloth seats, a tape player, manual climate control, 16'' wheels, and not a whole lot else. It was PS2 Bright Silver Metallic with a Dark Slate interior.
Intrepids could always be ordered more basic than any 300M was equipped from the factory, my car was no exception.

Since purchase, the car has had extensive interior and exterior modification as I worked to build the car exactly as I wanted.

The modifications started small with “stock” 300M add-on items like an EVIC and Automatic Temperature Control and got bigger and bigger to a full 300M Special 3.5HO conversion to the stock motor, Dodge Magnum SRT8 wheels, Pro Am seats, Eibach springs, double-din headunit, and finally when it was repainted in 2018 in Dodge Viper Snakeskin Green Pearl.

However, despite the car being my vision, the Intrepid is the ultimate expression of this Club and the friendships I have been lucky enough to have made as a result of being a part of it.
It was built with the help, participation, and camaraderie of the Members of this Club I am lucky enough to be friends with. From the first cut in the headliner for an EVIC to the reassembly of the car less than 24 hours after it had been painted so it could make it (just barely) to Carlisle 2018, so many of my friends in this Club have helped me maintain and take this car to the next level. I can't thank them enough. I can't thank this Club enough.

I owe a lot to this car. My wife and I had our first date in it. In 2017, it was in our wedding, along with a bunch of our friends from this Club.
Without the Intrepid, I would never have found the Club. Without the Club, I would never have built the Intrepid in this way.

For that and the friendship of so many people, I am forever grateful that this Club exists.

I am forever grateful for Club Members like John Benjamin.
What an honor to be part of a contest in memoriam of such a great Club Member.

Since that first day in 2005, I have loved this Intrepid and it brought me to this Club that I love.
I don't think it gets much better than that feeling.

Best of luck to all participants!
 #388253  by Joesnicecars

You’re looking at a 2003 Dodge Intrepid Police Package, Brilliant Black.

I bought this car in 2009 with 80,000 miles on it as my first car, before I even had my license. It turned out to be my first eBay auction and by some fluke I actually ended up being the high bidder. Since I am smack dab in the middle of the rust belt here in Central New York, I am always looking for used cars outside the area to keep them clean as long as possible. The car was originally from Paradise PA Police Department (not the cartoon ). The gentlemen I bought it from was actually the officer that used this car as his cruiser, and liked it so much he used it as his personal car for a number of years before selling to me. At this point, after being my daily driver through the harsh NY winters, its sitting at about 177,000 miles and definitely showing its age.

After putting close to 100,000 miles on the car and being the only one to work on the car in all those years, I have definitely gotten to know the car very well inside and out. I have always tried to keep the original essence of the Police Package on the car because that is what really attracted me to it in the first place. When I bought the car, it still had vinyl floors, no center console, no cruise control, vinyl rear seats, and cloth front seats. With the help of many different people in the club, I have now sourced and replaced the interior with heated 300m special seats and a dash with beautiful wood trim to match. I am finally to a point where this car is no longer a daily driver and I’m able to park it in the winter to salvage what is left of it and try to minimize the salt exposure. Although the rust has really started to take its toll both cosmetically and functionally on the car over the past few years, I am keeping it going and plan to run it until I can’t fix it anymore (see you in 2050 ).

I love that we are doing this in honor of John, he was such a genuine person and so welcoming to me at my first meet in Indy with everyone! He will definitely be missed, and I’m glad we are able to pay tribute in such a fitting way!

Thanks everyone, happy voting!

#388254  by Intrepidation

Here she is, my first car, which I bought way back on Wednesday November, 22 2006 and took home on the 24th. I'd always liked the way Intrepids looked, and when I was car shopping they were on my radar. That day I test drove half a dozen or more cars, but this one called out to me. I knew it was the one I wanted.

She started life as a 2000 Intrepid SE with cloth buckets, Midline audio, and a 2.7. Over the years I've made it my own. The 2.7 was swapped for a 3.5, the 16" steel wheels were swapped for 18" Mille Miglia Unos. The interior has seen the most mods. Every piece besides the Pillar trim and seat belts have been replaced or modded. The cloth seats gave way to 300M seats, chrome switches and Concorde gauges, and custom painted door panels to give it the 2-tone look I've always wanted, but Chrysler never made.

My ultimate goal while modding over the years is to make the car look more contemporary, while keeping it looking like it could have come from the factory that way. I like to think of it as OEM+.

Coming up on 14 years and I love the car more than ever. I wouldn't part with it for the world. A car isn't just transportation, it's all of the memories you make with it, through good times and bad. It's more than the sum of it's parts. We've been on road trips halfway across the country together, went and participated in the Chrysler Nationals for the first time with it, commuted to and from work, and everything in between.

To this day I can walk out towards the car with a smile on my face, and want to go driving just for the joy of it.

I've met lots of great people, made friends, and have become part of a wonderful community. Here's to our cars, each other, and to John.

#388255  by trepnician

Hey there it’s Craig. This is my 02 Intrepid ES in Steel Blue.

This car has been in my family since day 1, to this day I can remember very faintly riding in it for the first time at 11 years old. So the car has been like a member of the family for a long time, almost 19 years.

Aside from a few cosmetic modifications the car has remained nearly completely stock which is the way I have preferred to keep it.

ImageHosted on Fotki

ImageHosted on Fotki

ImageHosted on Fotki

ImageHosted on Fotki
 #388284  by KxWarrior

Hi there, my name is Ken and this is my 2001 Intrepid Motorsports Edition.

I bought it in 2015 from a guy about a hour from me on Craigslist. Turns out he was an old DI.net member with all sorts of goodies. Ever since then it's been love at first sight. Throughout the years it's been the car I've learned a lot of things on, from brake lines, to a transmission swap as of recent. Unfortunately in 2019 it almost met a timely demise, as I struck a deer. From then on it was a rebuild process. Slowly but surely, the car had new(used, junkyard finds) parts installed, and taken to the paint booth this year, where it had panels aligned, rust spots fixed, and a fresh coat of paint was added.

A couple mods have been added over the years, as this car started out with cloth seats, cloth door panels, a basic radio. I've all since upgraded them to my liking, and am continuing to do more, just at a much slower rate.

Had it not been for this club, and members like John Benjamin (and even John himself!), I might not even have my car today, let alone the "family" in which I've come to know over the years. This club has saved me numerous times from certain demise. I am thankful for everyone here that has contributed, and continues to do so :). Without further ado, here are a couple photos of my car. Good luck to everyone, and happy voting :)

#388309  by Sarah319

Hi I'm Sarah! And this is my Dodge Intrepid!

My husband and I (KxWarrior) got this in July of 2012, looking for a bigger car for our kids. This filled all our needs for a car and at 77k miles it was a deal. Now at 145k, it's showing her age, and has a good bit of rust, but it's still our go to car when we need to get somewhere.

We have added a spoiler from a Dodge Charger to it, all dark slate interior, and a couple other things that make it our own. It's been a really good car other then the small repairs we have done to it to keep.it going. If not for the "family" here, we definitely couldn't have kept it as long as we have :)

#388324  by SarlicGalt

Hello LH Family,

While I am very infrequently on the forums, I have a lot of respect for the members that have been tried and true to this group over all these years. Due to me being located in Colorado, I haven't been able to make the drive out for any gatherings (yet), but do very much look forward to someday meeting you all.

I've still got Sylvia, the 02 Intrepid R/T. She's currently at just under 196k miles and doing very well.

I'm not a super "handy" individual, so I have somewhat shied away from any modifications to my ride. The area that I have been able to put in some elbow grease, however, is keeping it looking as great as possible -- despite it sitting outside all the time. My current interest has been ceramic coatings, which the car has on every exterior components. The technology is certainly very innovative and enjoyable to observe... At the car wash or in the rain.

Despite my best efforts, the car has really started to see some age over the last year. The clear coat is starting to peel in a few spots (fortunately not the roof (yet)), but I have taken some measures to slow the decay. I'm also fighting a bizarre water-spotting issue on the roof, which I think has to do with old paint.

I have areas of disappointment, but the car is still in superb shape for it's age. Plus, mechanically, she's running great and is still a treat to drive! I have a lot to be grateful for.

-Stephen

P.S. For those of you who are not aware, I have a local friend with an 01 Intrepid R/T Motorsports Edition (79k miles). When the timing is right (and I can properly take care of the car), I plan to purchase it from him. My hope is that this will be what encourages me to make the 24 hour road trip for Carlisle.

ImageHosted on Fotki

ImageHosted on Fotki

ImageHosted on Fotki

ImageHosted on Fotki