Chrysler 300M Enthusiasts Club
  • I swear I'm not a redneck...

• LH Performance Modification Discussions
25th Anniversary LH Platform Celebration

Membership Banner

LH Performance Modification Discussions
 #175180  by miller1170
 November 21st, 2008, 1:37 pm
I haven't seen anyone else that has done this on here and this was something that I did a few years ago long before I joined the club. I am in a band and used to travel alot with friends so we installed these for some convenience. CB Radios!!!

The antenna was the tricky part because I didnt want it to stand out EXTREMELY bad. I spray painted it black so that it blends in with the car a little better.

And then when I am not using it, I put the antenna inside of my truck (its magnetic).

These are really handy when you go on group trips or when your stuck in traffic in a different city because you can just talk to the truckers and get some info!! Very cheap, easy to install, and alot of fun if friends have them.

#175184  by beespecial
 November 21st, 2008, 2:08 pm
OMG I haven't seen one of those in years. I think I still have one in my attic somewhere. Maybe I'll get it down and try a temporary install and re-live the seventies. Okay good buddy, what's your handle?

#175186  by miller1170
 November 21st, 2008, 2:13 pm
beespecial wrote:OMG I haven't seen one of those in years. I think I still have one in my attic somewhere. Maybe I'll get it down and try a temporary install and re-live the seventies. Okay good buddy, what's your handle?
Haha I haven't used mine in a while but I think they would be tons of fun if some people had them when you are traveling to meets and stuff like that. I would tell you my handle but you didnt say over so I guess your not done talking :D . Over

#175193  by Antigini
 November 21st, 2008, 3:25 pm
CB radios can come in handy every now and then, especially when you're speeding along and you know where all the police are! Gotta love the truckers.

I'd say i'm happy to see its magnetic that way you don't always have that antenna sticking out the back of your M.

#175194  by beespecial
 November 21st, 2008, 3:46 pm
miller1170 wrote:I would tell you my handle but you didnt say over so I guess your not done talking :D . Over
Ha! You got me.............................................. Over!

#175212  by rogor2k
 November 21st, 2008, 6:33 pm
CB radios can come in VERY handy if you have to travel in bad weather (I'm talking SNOW and ICE). The truckers are the best source you can have for weather conditions. They saved my bacon several times in years past. . . . . . . Over!

#175235  by Bill Putney
 November 22nd, 2008, 9:37 am
Hey - anyone who adamantly declares they aren't a redneck is probably a redneck! (j/k)

#175239  by Brando26
 November 22nd, 2008, 9:57 am
I bet you could actually fit that in the pocket under you cd player if you tried, miller. I thought about getting one just in case of emergency if I happen to be in an area with no cell coverage. stick it in the trunk with my fire extinguisher, ice scraper, and tire inflater, unbox it when needed.

#175259  by tinman
 November 22nd, 2008, 4:01 pm
I used to have an antenna that was hinged for the trunk. It was permanently mounted in the trunk with screws. When I didn't use it I could just open the trunk and slip into the trunk area. It was real clean and unsightly.

#175588  by CinnamonGlazeM
 November 25th, 2008, 11:11 pm
Breaker, Breaker...lol, have not used that in a while. Anyway, regarding antennas, I recall seeing glass mount antennas, kinda look like cell phone antennas. How well do these work?

I do have a portable cb and live near an interstate, still interesting to listen on the conversations from time-to-time.

#175589  by velobard
 November 25th, 2008, 11:41 pm
Relax, you're not a redneck until you install a rifle rack in the back window of your M. :P

I still have my trusty CB in the basement. Mine has 23 channels. Am I dating myself a bit by admitting that?

#175592  by Igor V Nechaev
 November 26th, 2008, 12:52 am
velobard wrote:Relax, you're not a redneck until you install a rifle rack in the back window of your M. :P
Speaking of rifles. Sometimes I dream of such setup in my Voyager

:)
Bill Putney wrote:Hey - anyone who adamantly declares they aren't a redneck is probably a redneck! (j/k)
Latent redneck? Now that's something new!!!
:D

#175600  by Bill Putney
 November 26th, 2008, 6:31 am
Igor V Nechaev wrote:
velobard wrote:Relax, you're not a redneck until you install a rifle rack in the back window of your M. :P
Speaking of rifles. Sometimes I dream of such setup in my Voyager

:)
Bill Putney wrote:Hey - anyone who adamantly declares they aren't a redneck is probably a redneck! (j/k)
Latent redneck? Now that's something new!!!
:D
Out of the closet!! :)

So what's Russian for 'redneck' - cyrillic and transliterated into English?

#175602  by Igor V Nechaev
 November 26th, 2008, 6:37 am
Bill Putney wrote: So what's Russian for 'redneck' - cyrillic and transliterated into English?
I fancy it should be something like 'дерёвня', dere'vnya
Means a man who live in the countryside, working in 'kolkhoz' (collective farm), poorly educated, drinking his vodka from dawn till dusk.

Oh, I exaggerate a bit, of course :D

#175604  by 85merk
 November 26th, 2008, 9:25 am
i cannot speak for fear of incriminating myself :wink: