Chrysler 300M Enthusiasts Club
  • 4.0L Cams!!!

• LH Performance Modification Discussions
25th Anniversary LH Platform Celebration

Membership Banner

LH Performance Modification Discussions
 #371543  by remi
 January 19th, 2018, 4:49 am
I guess you are using a custom ECU, right? I assume the OEM ECU would be harder if not impossible to tune...
 #371547  by snstr_auto
 January 19th, 2018, 3:49 pm
Full stand alone... and a turbo... and if I am doing the cams I will most likely port the heads a smidgen... and since the heads are off, the one manifold needs to be replaced and may as well be upgraded.... its a downward spiral rabbit hole

Went over the specs with the boss last night and he said that they should make a huge impact on the engine, especially with the turbo.
remi liked this
 #371591  by Trevorusn
 January 22nd, 2018, 9:43 pm
FIREM wrote: October 20th, 2017, 11:55 am While there may be some gains, I'm guessing it may not be much. Anything that helps and is reasonable, such as spacers and throttle bodies, did catch on and many followed. Cam swap is a BIG job if you are considering it. Cost of new part$ probably crazy money. Used parts are just that used and you must get the cams and matching rockers. Mixing roller rockers on used cams will usually wipe out the cam in short order. Cams come out the rear of the heads, so the heads have to be removed from the engine for this mod. A rather involved job. Personally I would rather pull the engine and do the swap on an engine stand, rather then bending over the fenders to pull heads.

Good point, maybe it wasn't as big a gain as it sounded. Still, one can wonder at the potential, if it is indeed there. You mentioned throttle bodies, is that listed in a seperate thread??
 #371594  by Trevorusn
 January 22nd, 2018, 9:49 pm
Also, reading back a bit, is the trans really the big handicap performance wise for these cars??? It still surprises me how with 253HP on tap it can still feel abit sluggish, especially down low. Thats why a dyno of these swapped 4.0 cams would have been great. Hopefully, if someone is attempting this, that will occur.
 #371599  by FIREM
 January 23rd, 2018, 6:54 am