Chrysler 300M Enthusiasts Club
  • Putting in traction control

• LH Performance Modification Discussions
Ocean City 2019 Banner

Membership Banner

LH Performance Modification Discussions
 #338886  by Strmvt
 October 25th, 2014, 1:51 pm
To put in traction control does one need the whole abs assy or can one just change the electronic control box on the abs assy?

Yes the car has abs just no traction control.
 #338892  by FIREM
 October 25th, 2014, 4:46 pm
Off the top of my head I suspect you need the complete ABS/ATC controller assembly, pump and electrics. Also be aware that ATC will need to interface with the PCM. Unknown if that requires program and or wiring upgrades to work. Keep in mind the ATC limits engine power, (may also signal trans)and applies braking as needed to transfer power to the non slipping wheel.
This would need some careful research to assure the desired result.
 #338898  by hrmwrm
 October 25th, 2014, 5:26 pm
Keep in mind the ATC limits engine power,
on ours, it doesn't. it only pulses the brakes of the fastest spinning wheel.limiting engine power doesn't come til the electronic throttle control.
 #338911  by 02SilverSpecial
 October 26th, 2014, 6:16 pm
You need to replace the whole unit. The Teves Mark 20 unit with L.S.T.C. has different valves inside the pump. Easy swap to do. Swap in the whole unit, bleed, viola! traction control!
 #338912  by Strmvt
 October 26th, 2014, 6:19 pm
Ya I seen that I changed the electronic control module and the traction control buTton turns it on and off but like you said Keith there's two extra "valves" on the abs pump. I was b trying to avoid breaking open the system and having to bleed it though. But I guess I'll have to do just that.
 #338945  by user97
 October 27th, 2014, 10:39 pm
Beware that pre-'02 and '02+ ABS units/sensors aren't interchangeable. Completely different systems.
 #338946  by Strmvt
 October 27th, 2014, 10:51 pm
user97 wrote:Beware that pre-'02 and '02+ ABS units/sensors aren't interchangeable. Completely different systems.
That I know all to well. My mom's trep being an '01 I have to use '01 stuff.

I'll be going back to get the abs pump I got the controller from. Just was trying to avoid having to bleed the system is all.