Chrysler 300M Enthusiasts Club
  • My journey through my Swap to '02 Electronics LOTS OF PICS!!

• LH Performance Modification Discussions
Membership Banner

LH Performance Modification Discussions
 #340707  by Strmvt
 December 21st, 2014, 8:39 pm
I've officially started the swap to '02 Special electronics.. Below are the pics.

Rear seat area

Front seat and dash

Engine compartment

Rear seat out

Front seats out

Console and heat duct out

Steering column out dash ready to be pulled

Dash out

Carpet out. I also found the source why my windows would fog up carpet on drivers side was wet.

Previously "repaired" plug that was leaking water during rain

Body harness out

'02 body harness being installed

This pic shows the body plug that needs repaired

My Mom's cat Tilly. More pics to tomorrow as I continue the swap.
 #340731  by adu1982
 December 22nd, 2014, 8:58 am
I think has adding the rear door lights, speakers, special mirrors...etc....to a base M right?

Btw just got a change to play and install the appradio3 and some of its things (steering wheel controls, bluetooth mic, bypass brake, hdmi and usb cable ....didnt get app radio unchained to fully work yet but.....)

#340732  by adu1982
 December 22nd, 2014, 9:00 am
Still have to do a full custom bezel (never done it before or worked with plastic like that), make some sort of a brace for the radio, add the parking (back and front) sensors and backup camera....
 #340733  by Strmvt
 December 22nd, 2014, 10:28 am
mattgendron wrote:As an uninformed person, what does the change in electronics do?
I'm swapping everything over to '02 so I can use the '02 Special pcm Matt. Entr every wire needs to be changed.
 #340734  by Strmvt
 December 22nd, 2014, 10:33 am
adu1982 wrote:I think has adding the rear door lights, speakers, special mirrors...etc....to a base M right?

Btw just got a change to play and install the appradio3 and some of its things (steering wheel controls, bluetooth mic, bypass brake, hdmi and usb cable ....didnt get app radio unchained to fully work yet but.....)

Actually my car is an Intrepid R/T Motorsports Adu
 #340736  by Strmvt
 December 22nd, 2014, 11:41 am
beespecial wrote:Why didn't you put some sort of sound deadening in while you had everything out?
Lol I'm at the store now buying just that mate. Got to fix that body plug to.
 #340737  by beespecial
 December 22nd, 2014, 12:10 pm
Strmvt wrote:
beespecial wrote:Why didn't you put some sort of sound deadening in while you had everything out?
Lol I'm at the store now buying just that mate. Got to fix that body plug to.
:headbang Yes! Great minds DO think alike.
 #340738  by tafi300M
 December 22nd, 2014, 12:40 pm
Nice (CENSORED), lol. I mean the cat.
 #340742  by paintballdude05
 December 22nd, 2014, 1:29 pm
Good luck, it's going to be a long journey! It'll be worth it in the end though, and not impossible. You can keep your door, roof, headlight and possibly the trunk harness, that's about it with these installs.
 #340743  by Strmvt
 December 22nd, 2014, 1:35 pm
Yea gotta change airbags to I think. Different connectors. Already have a dash bag not hard to get a wheel bag got to get the gas tank trans harness and lower dash harness yet and a plenum/ throttle body
 #340754  by FIREM
 December 22nd, 2014, 5:25 pm
Paul you do realize you will also have to pull the engine to change the flexplate/flywheel to the 02 style correct? The left (drivers side) cam sprocket also needs to be changed to the 02 also......
BCM ?? unsure ??
 #340755  by Strmvt
 December 22nd, 2014, 5:26 pm
FIREM wrote:Paul you do realize you will also have to pull the engine to change the flexplate/flywheel to the 02 style correct? The left (drivers side) cam sprocket also needs to be changed to the 02 also......
Yes I do I'm going to pull the trans out instead though