Chrysler 300M Enthusiasts Club
  • My journey through my Swap to '02 Electronics LOTS OF PICS!!

• LH Performance Modification Discussions
Ocean City 2019 Banner

Membership Banner

LH Performance Modification Discussions
 #340772  by 300maximilien
 December 22nd, 2014, 11:01 pm
Great work Paul. That's a serious project. Let me know if you need anything from the Special I am parting. You know I always work something out for you buddy!
 #340776  by Strmvt
 December 22nd, 2014, 11:18 pm
Gas tank trans harness both dash harnesses wheel airbag? The dash harness I have is not right for some reason, it's missing the ashtray light wiring and plug for the el light strips for the gear Indicator and auto stick. I'll pm you.
 #340780  by paintballdude05
 December 23rd, 2014, 6:58 am
I got a dash harness here too if things don't work out. It came out of my 2002 Special parts car.
 #340783  by FIREM
 December 23rd, 2014, 7:28 am
Strmvt wrote:Gas tank trans harness both dash harnesses wheel airbag? The dash harness I have is not right for some reason, it's missing the ashtray light wiring and plug for the el light strips for the gear Indicator and auto stick. I'll pm you.
Early/Late production 02's are wierd. Steering wheel Air Bag connectors slightly different, on each of the 3 M's I had.
 #340786  by Strmvt
 December 23rd, 2014, 8:45 am
FIREM wrote:
Strmvt wrote:Gas tank trans harness both dash harnesses wheel airbag? The dash harness I have is not right for some reason, it's missing the ashtray light wiring and plug for the el light strips for the gear Indicator and auto stick. I'll pm you.
Early/Late production 02's are wierd. Steering wheel Air Bag connectors slightly different, on each of the 3 M's I had.
I am changing the clock spring pretty much last I'll find out then
 #340870  by Countachqv
 December 25th, 2014, 6:36 pm
That is a shock and awe thread !!! Kudos. A lot of work going there and not the easiest. Just tell me you are in the auto mechanic business and I'll feel better...I would not even know where to start to pull the 02 special wiring harness of my new junker.
 #340871  by Strmvt
 December 25th, 2014, 6:41 pm
countachqv wrote:That is a shock and awe thread !!! Kudos. A lot of work going there and not the easiest. Just tell me you are in the auto mechanic business and I'll feel better...I would not even know where to start to pull the 02 special wiring harness of my new junker.
I've been working on cars since I was knee high to a grasshopper. Plus i was a Light wheel vehicle mechanic in the army for 5yrs. Plus I rebuilt the motor that's in the car now so I know little bit about working on cars lol
 #341053  by Strmvt
 December 31st, 2014, 9:33 pm
Got some more done on the swap today. Pic to follow.

Pic of plenum off to access wiring for the power distribution box under the hood

Fender off

Wires pulled from inside the car

Hole wires go thru into the car

Old harness distribution box and pcm/tcm

Harness out

02 Harness ready to go in

Headlight/foglight/horn harnesses going in

Box in fed thru the fender access

Harness thru fender access

Fed into the car

Connectors inside the car

Surge solenoid installed (different location from 01 which is under the positive jumper cable connection)

Fender back on might take it back off though to put some sealant on the boot where the harness goes into the car.

Lower plenum pic

Wtf where'd that come from?

#341080  by adu1982
 January 1st, 2015, 2:39 pm
Nice job .... I love the painted covers....whenever i will get around to changing the gaskets & coolant oring (bought them over 1 month ago) i will paint mine to....
 #341083  by Strmvt
 January 1st, 2015, 11:20 pm
adu1982 wrote:Nice job .... I love the painted covers....whenever i will get around to changing the gaskets & coolant oring (bought them over 1 month ago) i will paint mine to....
Thanks some touch up is needed as seen in the pics of the spacer on the lower intake plenum. They need wiped down to 2yrs of oily dust built up on them.
 #341116  by Strmvt
 January 3rd, 2015, 12:40 am
Did more work on the R/T today. I got the dash harnesses swapped and installed. Put the carpet and seats back in and pulled the gas tank. Pics below

01 dash harness out

02 dash harness ready to go in

Someone cut the headlight connector off. I hate when ppl do that. I twisted the wires together and soldered them taped them

Lower dash harness out

Lower dash harness in

This is where the dreaded blend door actuator is

After about 5 min of fidgeting with it I finally get it plugged in.

Junction box bolted up

Parking brake pedal back in place

Carpet back in

Bolting up the seat belts

Dash back in

Everything plugged back up

Steering wheel back in

Console heating duct back in

Console back in

Going to have to do a change to the memory wiring and motor frame as they are different as you can see in the pics below some wires are different colors.

Front seats in passenger seat wiring matches so no need to swap I hope. Drivers seat just in place to make room in the garage.

Rear seats in lower one will have to come back out to plug in the fuel pump

02 gas tank and the hole they drilled in it to drain the gas. I used a plastic tank repair kit to repair it. Came with a tube of putty sandpaper and a small section of screen for bigger holes like mine. Forgot to take a pic of the final repair will add it at another time

Sway bar dropped to drop the gas tank. So glad the bolts are newer from the swap.

Gas tank dropped

Tank out

Differences in the tanks is emission set ups due to 01 having egr and 02 not having it 01 has 4 lines going to the front 02 only has 2

01 tank

02 tank

Need to either repair this broken vent line or drop a tank at the yard and replace the assy.
 #341293  by Strmvt
 January 8th, 2015, 2:20 pm
Changed the abs controllers out today the 02 has me confused though. Looking at the 01 controller it says. ABS + LTCS and looking at the 02 controller it has ABS + BTCS + EBD and to me that means "electronic brake distribution" not sure what BTCS means and instead of "LTCS" it has "EVBPS" anyone have any ideas?

02 ABS controller

01 ABS controller

01 before removal

02 after install