Chrysler 300M Enthusiasts Club
  • My journey through my Swap to '02 Electronics LOTS OF PICS!!

• LH Performance Modification Discussions
Ocean City 2019 Banner

Membership Banner

LH Performance Modification Discussions
 #341304  by Strmvt
 January 8th, 2015, 5:00 pm
300maximilien wrote:You probably;y know this already, but those brake lines need replaced ASAP!
Yea I know Image got to get the car back on the road first sister getting impatient taking up her garage lol.

Just found out something else I need to change. The o2 sensors are different at the connectors btwn 01 and 02. So... Guess I'll be buying 4 new sensors, I was going to get them anyway just not yet lol. Oh well.

Where can I get an get block off plate suggestions very welcome
 #341320  by FIREM
 January 8th, 2015, 7:56 pm
O2 sensor connectors can be swapped. Sensors are the same just the "key" to index the connector is moved. Study the connector, the center part can be removed. Then you can gently tease the terminals out of the body. Just keep the wires indexed properly.
"EVBPS" Electronic Variable Brake Proportioning System, Balance front/rear brake distribution.
 #341324  by Strmvt
 January 8th, 2015, 8:31 pm
More pics of the progress

Pcm and distribution block mounted

02 Cruise control mounted

Egr before removal

Egr after removal

Need a block off plate any suggestions where to get one?

Vent hose I broke taking off the tank at the yard

What I replaced to repair the vent hose

"Fixed" vent hose

The repair I did to the hope the tank. I hope it holds

02 tank in

About to take the 01 engine harness out

Front bracket out

Harness out lim out fuel rail out

02 harness in

Timing covers off

Water pump leaking needs replaced

#341325  by FIREM
 January 8th, 2015, 8:34 pm
EGR hole in the head is threaded for a pipe plug, don't recall if it is 1/4 or 3/8 NPT
 #341326  by Strmvt
 January 8th, 2015, 9:04 pm
FIREM wrote:EGR hole in the head is threaded for a pipe plug, don't recall if it is 1/4 or 3/8 NPT
Didn't know that I'll take a look at it tomorrow thanks
 #341340  by tafi300M
 January 9th, 2015, 11:20 am
Paul, did you, or did you not, put in the extra sound deadening under carpet?
 #341341  by Strmvt
 January 9th, 2015, 11:45 am
tafi300M wrote:Paul, did you, or did you not, put in the extra sound deadening under carpet?
I didn't I was going to but the budget is tight with my moving and all the kit costs 220$ it's not hard to pull the seats and carpet to do it this spring.
 #341361  by Strmvt
 January 9th, 2015, 9:46 pm
Had to order the cam locks so the cam timing pulley is on hold till they come in.

Going to start pulling the transmission tomorrow. Hope to have it out tomorrow and the flywheel swapped out. Already have new torque converter bolts and a new lim and plenum gasket kit on hand. Got to get a water pump yet.
 #341376  by Strmvt
 January 10th, 2015, 1:47 pm
Went to the yard today to get a shifter assy when I pulled the dash I broke the black plastic push rod couldn't get the rest of it out so had to get a "new"one.

I also solved my egr blocking issue.

Pulled this plug from an 03 m. Now what to use to seal it with.

#341379  by Strmvt
 January 10th, 2015, 4:21 pm
Well hell another thing I get to change. Changed them when I had the motor out to rebuild it never had an issue with the alignment or tire wear issues or any slop in the wheel for that matter.

#341397  by FIREM
 January 11th, 2015, 7:39 am
I do not see the gold washer on the rack side preventing the bushing from squeezing out????