Chrysler 300M Enthusiasts Club
  • (Rear)mount chrysler concorde.

• LH Performance Modification Discussions
25th Anniversary LH Platform Celebration

Membership Banner

LH Performance Modification Discussions
 #362989  by Shawn1301
 November 26th, 2016, 4:00 pm
Would also need intake tubing elbow from the 02+ style aswell, for the iat sensor
 #366361  by Morphun
 April 5th, 2017, 10:39 am
Quick update on this project/ daily driver, I had had it up on a lift today for a little bit and decided to do a update on how it's holding up. First off the exaust had been redone from scratch the most forward resonator has been deleted to help spool time. This allowed me to repossession the turbo forward a inch and up 1 1/2 inches from it's old location. Second benefit I got from this change was to reclock the turbos cold side 90 degrees this removed the charge pipes I had running on the exaust and instead ran them above the fuel filler neck. Other changes include under the hood, were I fabbed up a intake charge pipe for looks using 2 cans of propane and filler rods :D.the intake (is) powder coated black, with blue mopar stickers and silver strips and then a high glossy top coat of powder. The oil filter was moved to the top of the engine (because race car) and finally oil return has been moved to driver side valve cover which I also powercoated. Other mods not turbo related includes a few of my last continued projects. This includes dewraping my interior and finished leather interior in black one blue, TPMS added along with mopar calpiers track rotors and 300m special rims with 245/45/18s rear camber arms. :mrgreen: next up the trunk has had a little change. The battery has been moved to the right rear passenger seat back this change required me to swap to the 60/ 40 folding m seats as well for easy access. Cup holders have been added to the rear along with a 7 inch tablet to keep company happy during any trips, this also adds a hidden space behind the seats due to the 2 shallow mount 10s in the back. That space I use to hide most of the mess in my car. Current under development mods as of now are. Quad HID headlights with day time running white and flashing amber turn signal strips, a massive rear diffuser (my favorite mod atm) and body work. I have not made much progress with turning up the boost I'm currently sitting on a aem 6, pt cruiser map sensor intake air temp sensor and a lap top learning about this stuff before I install it. Currently only a high high flow fuel pump with a regular installed but the pcm just shortens the duty cycle to what it wants no matter what I do so no surprise there. Well, that about it for now.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
 #366389  by skinnyg
 April 6th, 2017, 11:38 am
You guys ever posted any of this stuff over on turbo-mopar.com? Those guys can get pretty technical, all the turbo cars came stock with a 2 bar map which can read up to 14.7 psi. I'm sure they would love to see these builds, great job on all your cars.
And when I say turbo cars I mean the old 80s and 90s. I have had 4, 89 caravan turbo, 89 Daytona T1 which I just stuck in an intercooler and turned boost up to 14psi, 90 Shelby Daytona VNT C/S, that was mostly stock, and my favorite, 88 Sundance with a smashed in 1/4, wrong color fender, and just stuck in a stock Tii intercooler and turned boost up to 14 (14psi is about the max on stock fuel), anyways I used to mash Civics and Neons all day long, paid $250 for the car, had blown headgasket, 2 hours later and about $100 in parts and she was smoking wheels on 14psi lol, fun old cars.
You guys really have some nice mods going on, keep up the good work, hope you can get the pcm stuff figured out and get boost up to like 14, these cars should be well over 300hp

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
 #372796  by Morphun
 March 31st, 2018, 8:58 pm
Figured since this is build related, I should post back here. On my way to work today I got the worst wake-up call I could get, the dreaded rod knock! Very faint but there. Right there and then I called king bearings and had them make a order for a new set. I got home pulled the pan and baffle and found sure enough #5 kicked the bucket. But no crank damage. Woohoo. Looks like I Will be doing yet another set of bearings on this car. Two sets I have gone through now, the failure of this one I'm going to say is more than likely due to the four times it has dumped all it's oil. Two of them above 4k rpm. Oh well, live and learn. More in the am.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
 #372799  by Morphun
 April 1st, 2018, 12:36 pm
Pulled the rest of the bearings and found the same thing I got last time at the beginning of this project. Really need to stop blowing oil line's. Can't be this lucky all the time. New ones as I have been told is "u Grove bearings?" No clue what that means but that's what they are sending. But as of now all the rod bearings are done.
 #372808  by Sneke_Eyez
 April 2nd, 2018, 7:30 am
Stinks to see you having issues with bearings again, but I'm glad to see you're fixing it up right.
 #375536  by Morphun
 September 9th, 2018, 3:42 pm
This whole thing is dead! While I won't say I hate the rear mount turbo, I will now join the rest of the world with the fact that 1 you will lose every city race you can find. 2 boost doesn't exist for 20 minutes for a cold start. 3 Too much pipes I'm sick of leaks! Every week! And the extra oil pumps too Frenching loud so!

I have been looking to move everything to the front but that took some looking to find space for a 70 trim but I found it! About the same place as (snstr) turbo actually but I'm keeping all my stuff in the bay including my a/c. At this very moment I'm tacking the down pipe into place for welding tomorrow. And hopefully installed before November. I'LL just post all the new stuff here.
Sneke_Eyez liked this
 #375836  by Morphun
 September 26th, 2018, 5:14 pm
So if anyone says it's not possible here is your proof, oil and return lines ran. A/C still cold, just a few things need to be moved around. One thing I have learned is if your 300m has the single computer that doesn't need vacuum lines everywhere, this whole thing goes smoothly. Sadly my Concorde is not
 #375905  by Morphun
 October 1st, 2018, 8:59 am
Found out yesterday that I can't run intake piping to the right of the intake due to the wiper assembly so I had to order some stuff to make it work. For the time being I just ran pipes from the turbo to the intake, With random intercooler parts. Today? I drove it to work turbo oil drain has a damaged hose but let me tell you this thing goes like..... I'm not sure what it goes like but never have I felt it go the way it does.
IMSpecialX2 liked this
 #375914  by dcsally97
 October 1st, 2018, 5:36 pm
Is your plenum melting due to the heat, or is that bubbled paint? Turbos get very hot and that is a tight spot. Videos are mandatory, lol!
 #375917  by Morphun
 October 1st, 2018, 9:13 pm
Nope my engine bay runs cooler with no cats up under there I just bought a high flow cat and stuck it in the tunnel. That plenum looked great untill I used brake clean on it! Yeah long story I got a new one in the works though.
M-Pressive liked this
 #375969  by Mopar1
 October 4th, 2018, 9:44 pm
Morphun wrote: October 1st, 2018, 9:13 pm Nope my engine bay runs cooler with no cats up under there I just bought a high flow cat and stuck it in the tunnel. That plenum looked great untill I used brake clean on it! Yeah long story I got a new one in the works though.
NIce Job! ....Applause....

Very happy seeing your progress; any plans to add more fuel delivery or add a intercooler?
 #375978  by Morphun
 October 5th, 2018, 12:54 pm
I have a intercooler, that's why I need to get the pipes to run down the driver's side and back up the passager I'm just waiting on parts. I'll take when you say delivery you mean fuel? If so, no in all honesty I don't feel safe enough to drop my fuel table into the 11s too much torque tires can't hold it.
IMSpecialX2 liked this
 #376831  by IMSpecialX2
 December 9th, 2018, 11:49 pm
Heeyy!! What's going On Bro??? Just reading this Awesome post and You haven't given us any further updates maannn!! Since October!!! C'mon, where are Ya?!?

Oh and this is great for us all dude, You'd be helping a lot of people that wants to do this, You should be making some videos dude, You should be all over YouTube right now!!!
 #376839  by Morphun
 December 10th, 2018, 11:08 am
With the 300m just getting back on the road. I'm just getting back to the Concorde, I will post any major changes that happen but as of right now The only thing I have planned is the new interior and to revise my diffuser. Was pulled over awhile back because at highway speeds during rain I apparently have a 4 foot rooster tail from the diffuser and Uncle Sam don't like it so yeah must add flaps to it but needs to be extended first. All this will come in time. Thanks for watching the progress.