Chrysler 300M Enthusiasts Club
  • Performance Options for 2003 Base 300m

• LH Performance Modification Discussions
Ocean City 2019 Banner

Membership Banner

LH Performance Modification Discussions
 #360175  by NateAndersen426
 July 24th, 2016, 6:45 am
Okay so im looking for options for performance upgrades for my 2003 base model M.
Looking for pretty much anything that will make better power.
Current Upgrades: exhaust ( soon to be X-pipe into custom built dual straights) and replaced stock intake with a cone filter to get some better airflow.
So basically ive heard there is a computer from another year M that has no rev limiter ? Does that allow me to completely rev up in neutral or park? Also will it do anything else for the base model.
Other than that i havent found much on performance parts. Let me know any options thanks
Nate
 #360186  by Shawn1301
 July 24th, 2016, 2:14 pm
I believe best computer choice for 02+ is an 02 special computer. And transfer gears to go with.
Unless top speed is your plan and acceleration not so much. Then stick with base gears and use another speed telling device.
 #360187  by FIREM
 July 24th, 2016, 5:36 pm
True that 02 "Special" is said to have the "best" performance programming (pre recall recal) not sure if the recall reprogram changed that. Other than the exhaust and air filter an intake spacer (if you can find one) is about all there is. These cars were never designed to or treated by the aftermarket as a choice for performance up grades.
Home brew trial and error is about all there is.
 #360193  by NateAndersen426
 July 24th, 2016, 7:52 pm
Okay so where can i find one of the 02 special computers at? And im not fully sure what changes id have to make if i put the computer in?
 #360208  by FIREM
 July 25th, 2016, 2:30 pm
http://300mclub.org/forums/viewtopic.ph ... st#p169964
Read thru the above link, to find part # of the PCM desired.
May find one in the B/S/T section. Will also need SKIM & Key from same car as a matched set.