Chrysler 300M Enthusiasts Club
  • Long Time No Talk

• LH Performance Modification Discussions
25th Anniversary LH Platform Celebration

Membership Banner

LH Performance Modification Discussions
 #366489  by ddurr92
 April 9th, 2017, 6:20 pm
also i wouldnt think an air leak would cause it to rough run and stumble ONLY WHEN ITS HOT...buuuuuttttt anything is possible.. like i said ill try and get that egr seal thing fixed... you can really hear it howl when its colder outside..
 #366490  by skinnyg
 April 9th, 2017, 6:23 pm
hrmwrm wrote:
it was banned a LONG time ago,
hate to burst your myth.
http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/certi ... 1421p.html
I don't live in Canada, I have worked at dealerships for 20 years and we have use nonchlorinated brake clean since I can remember

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
 #366492  by skinnyg
 April 9th, 2017, 7:00 pm
hrmwrm wrote:it's not banned in the states either.
https://www.fastenal.com/products/details/63337

so, i reiterate, DON"T USE BRAKE CLEANER to look for vacuum leaks.
Who cares? Stop clogging up dudes thread with which break cleaner he should use, I would assume he knows how to find vacuum leaks, if not then he shouldn't even be opening his hood

#366493  by ddurr92
 April 9th, 2017, 7:50 pm
haha yeah i know how.. sometimes i wish i didnt know how to even raise the hood lol.. but anyways.....
 #366496  by hrmwrm
 April 9th, 2017, 8:01 pm
skinnyg wrote:
hrmwrm wrote:it's not banned in the states either.
https://www.fastenal.com/products/details/63337

so, i reiterate, DON"T USE BRAKE CLEANER to look for vacuum leaks.
Who cares? Stop clogging up dudes thread with which break cleaner he should use, I would assume he knows how to find vacuum leaks, if not then he shouldn't even be opening his hood

what is wrong with you that you take such offence when a dangerous procedure you post about is pointed out. one that can cause sickness and death. i'm not "clogging up" dudes thread. you are by trying to justify bad advice.
when you're wrong, you're wrong and admit it. and it's BRAKE, not BREAK.
just another pet peeve over bad advice.
 #366497  by FalKen
 April 9th, 2017, 9:22 pm
now now guys! lets play nice!
 #366498  by snstr_auto
 April 9th, 2017, 10:26 pm
When its stumbling, the oil light doesn't come on does it? My old 2.7 used to stumble at temp and the oil light would flicker a bit at redlights. Just a thought!!
 #366504  by ddurr92
 April 10th, 2017, 9:59 am
Yes it does come on.. but only cause I'm at 300 maybe even less rpm and the rims jump around from 0 to 350 maybe.. not enought to even start the car. Only to get it to stumble... it is only that high cause the motor is trying to start. I think something is trying to cut the injectors off.. or there's too much fuel on the piston's themselves. I'll try and get a video to YouTube today if it ain't dark.. I'll have to do one inside the vehicle since I have to feather the throttle to keep it stumbling then maybe to get it to actually run smooth..
 #366505  by ddurr92
 April 10th, 2017, 10:01 am
However it used to flicker at red lights..I was at around 500rpm... but I cleared that up with an oil sending unit sensor.
M-Pressive liked this
 #366514  by ddurr92
 April 10th, 2017, 4:16 pm
Anyone
 #366533  by hrmwrm
 April 10th, 2017, 8:41 pm
how do you try to start it after it is hot and seemingly won't start?
if it doesn't catch by just cranking, do you try opening the throttle at all? maybe to the floor?
does it not catch then either?
or, do you never touch the pedal and only crank it til it starts?
trying to figure if you're over fueling or under fueling.
or if you should look elsewhere.
 #366539  by ddurr92
 April 11th, 2017, 12:15 am
So I do try and floor it,.. sometimes I'll just feather it to try and keep it running. But mostly I'll just turn the key praying it'll catch when it's hot..
It does catch most of the time when I feather it to keep the rpms a bit higher But it stumbles and almost feels as if a few injectors are causing a misfire from hell. If I just flip the key it'll catch time hen immediately die like an older vehicle when u used 2 have to pump the pedal a few times b4 u actually start it..
I did upload part one of the video. I couldn't get it to mess up tonight cause I didn't drive it tonight. I only idled it 4 a while.. I'll try and drive it tomorrow to get it to act up. But part one is up on YouTube.
300m odd noises---dylanedurr92
 #366558  by ddurr92
 April 11th, 2017, 8:15 pm
Anyone care 2 comment? I know this is very odd for a car 2 do this.. I'm literally so confused my head hurts
 #366564  by hrmwrm
 April 11th, 2017, 10:58 pm
since i'm not there, i'll go through some possibilities of what might fit similar symptoms for a few things.
one is a weak pump. not enough pressure.
two is leaky injectors. cold start from rich is easy, when hot it floods to the point of no start/very hard to start. if it starts from flooring to clear excess fuel, then a good candidate to chase. pressure drops fast at key off also.

3, is map sensor. if it's incapable of telling the air amounts, it will hunt, especially at idle. unplugging and noticing if it makes a difference/smoother is an indicator of problems.
a pressure guage will be needed first, at it will rule 1 and 2 quickly. 3 is a quick unplug.

4 is relatively large vacuum leaks, which will lean cylinders closest, causing idle problems. a fast idle can even go to stall as the computer tries to compensate.