Chrysler 300M Enthusiasts Club
  • CEL After K&N FIPK

• LH Performance Modification Discussions
Ocean City 2019 Banner

Membership Banner

LH Performance Modification Discussions
 #375295  by Makaveli
 August 20th, 2018, 2:51 pm
After doing my K&N FIPK on my 02 Special, I have an EVAP Code P0442. I know I damaged that little rubber tube from the intake to the manifold. I tried aftermarket tubes and they're useless. I used another style rubber hose on my 00 M and now thats got the code too!

Anybody know the part number for the rubber tube? I'm not being as specific as I should by but I'm sure everybody knows what I'm talking about - The one that dry rots! :mrgreen:

Where is the best place to look up parts #'s and see schematics for our cars?

How about blocking that off and putting on one of the little breathers? Either way need at least one of those tubes for my 00 which has an OEM airbox.

Many thanks, Gentlemen,
Mak
 #375303  by Steve From MA
 August 20th, 2018, 8:12 pm
I pulled a hose with the same 34611 marks off a Chrysler Pacifica - The middle part of the hose is the identical shape / bend and hose number (being in the middle of a larger hose it's still soft - you just have to cut to size) on the pacifica it goes from the intake pipe to the front passenger side of the motor

Hose is labeled 34611 (pcv hose on these cars is 34611-B or c I guess so it all seems to be the same hose just used in different applications) don't know the actual mopar part number.
Makaveli liked this
 #375304  by Makaveli
 August 20th, 2018, 8:26 pm
I'm seeing that called a "Power Steering Return Hose Control Valve End". Significantly longer but you could likely make two out of it huh?

I visited the Chrysler dealer shortly after this post and I got 4792256 for the Part #. Its discontinued but available for old stock.
 #375306  by FalKen
 August 20th, 2018, 9:14 pm
as far as mopar is concerned they call it a "breather hose " 4792256 is the correct #
 #375317  by FIREM
 August 21st, 2018, 7:11 am
FWIW that hose is not causing your code. OEM hose may not be available but "generic" pre shaped hoses typically available at auto parts stores can be adapted for use.
Evap codes 99-01 use LDP (Leak Detection Pump) system,
02 and up use NVLD (no Pump) and are tested differently.
 #375327  by Makaveli
 August 21st, 2018, 1:52 pm
FIREM,

The P0442 Code on both the 00 and the 02 after removing and damaging the breather hose is just pure luck (lack thereof)?
The 00 has never had a CEL in it's life until the hose ordeal a few weeks ago. The 02 has the K&N FIPK and I feel like I also damaged a sensor inside the throttle body (or whatever we're calling it).

-Mak
 #375332  by In-trepid
 August 21st, 2018, 9:17 pm
Exactly which hose are you talking about? When I first read your post, I thought you were talking about the hose on top of the throttle body that goes to the purge valve. That could cause the error mentioned. Reading further and also Bob's reply it sounds like the hose that goes to the air intake box which is the breather intake hose. That shouldn't cause the problem.
 #375340  by Makaveli
 August 22nd, 2018, 4:33 pm
Yes, the little elbow hose off the airbox that always cracks. I find it nonsensical that would cause an EVAP code as well....but like I said..Both cars, same hose, same time...I did order a Mopar fuel cap as well with the hose before i go too silly. -_-

-Mak