Chrysler 300M Enthusiasts Club
  • DRL module - Finally Done

• LH Performance Modification Discussions
Ocean City 2019 Banner

Membership Banner

LH Performance Modification Discussions

#75850  by 99300mricva
 March 17th, 2005, 4:27 am
Use a small blade type screwdriver to pull up on one of the clips, WHILE pulling the unit out a little SO THAT it keeps that clip disengaged with the screwdriver removed. HOLD IT so it does not reengage the clip. Use the screwdriver to release the other one while pulling the unit and it will pop right out. Easy! :wink:

#75860  by Red Baron
 March 17th, 2005, 6:55 am
kumiyer wrote:Alright, you know I am gonna ask you to share your secret. What do I actually need to do.
Is it squeeze the tab on the other side just like one on the outer side.
Or pull the tab on the other side
Or is it something completely different.

This is driving me nuts, I tried about 20 minutes in removing that and all I could remove is my skin and flesh of my body. I am not joking on this one.
I know you are not. It is a pain. You need to make a tool thinner than your fingers to get back there and release the rear clip. Usually that would be something thin and stiff bent 90 degrees long enough to catch the top of the clip. Then to pull on the tool which squeezes the clip.

#75908  by kumiyer
 March 18th, 2005, 2:00 am
Alright I will give it a try when I get my car back from the body shop. Hopefully I can get the damn thing out.

#75911  by 99300mricva
 March 18th, 2005, 3:52 am
When I did my little how to, I had already installed and tested my unit. I had to remove it to take the pics. I used a small flat blade screwdriver and the pulling pressure to avoid the clip re-engaging as I released each side and it came right out in a couple of seconds.

#75922  by kumiyer
 March 18th, 2005, 9:54 am
Thanks Rob and Don. So just double checking. In the picture below, that is the pin that I just pull out right.

#75932  by kumiyer
 March 18th, 2005, 6:51 pm
thanks all, After all the effort, I just took my dremel to one of the tabs. Then it was easy. Finally my DRL Mod is done.

#81789  by Dan L
 June 27th, 2005, 11:37 am
sorry to bring back an old post...

does anyone know what the other pins do?

is it possible for the DRL to run the fog lamps and the high beams on at 50% but turn off the high beams when the regular lights come on?

#81791  by vegas
 June 27th, 2005, 12:34 pm
The drl is just a relay type box and either:

1. It reduces power directly to the high beams by whatever percentage it drops it by and you would overload the drl relay by adding an entire second set of lights to its current draw

or

2. It just routes the signal, and the junction block does the power reduction ( I doubt this option, but possible) and supplies the 50% power to the high beams.

Either way you would either have to disect the junction block, OR you would totally overload the drl relay or junction block.

In a word : NO

Not doableunless you got a second drl relay module and did your own custom wiring off the junction block to hook it up to the fog lights.

#81794  by Dan L
 June 27th, 2005, 12:51 pm
thanx

#109564  by fossy123
 June 19th, 2006, 8:48 am
one question.

does the rear lights also light when the DRL module is installed or are just the front high beams are activated?

how bright is the light from the high beam? 50 or 70 % of the normal power or less?

thx
mathias

#109565  by glennbp
 June 19th, 2006, 9:07 am
The DRL module only affects the high beams and lights them at roughly 50%.

#109566  by fossy123
 June 19th, 2006, 9:12 am
so is it possible to modify the drl module that the tail lights will also light?

#109567  by glennbp
 June 19th, 2006, 9:14 am
fossy123 wrote:so is it possible to modify the drl module that the tail lights will also light?
Not that I know of :?:

#109620  by Red Baron
 June 19th, 2006, 4:58 pm
Mathias

This for the HIGH BEAMS not the driving lights. It is clearly not designed for the rear lights.

That said anything is POSSIBLE!