Chrysler 300M Enthusiasts Club
  • Hujo Inconsistencies?

• Talk about the most common LH mod, and why Chrysler didn't do it.
Ocean City 2019 Banner

Membership Banner

Talk about the most common LH mod, and why Chrysler didn't do it.

Moderator: Moderators

#380756  by 4thgenChryslerfam
 September 20th, 2019, 11:04 am
Hello everyone, I've been looking over a lot of threads in the forum in search of replicating the HUJO setup on my base M. I understand with exhaust there can be a lot of leeway in parts that can be used. Just hoping I can find some definitive answer that the parts i am going to purchase will be suitable for my car.

For starters, looking at the first diagram the part number used is magnaflow's 12258. This certain muffler has a 2.25 outlet whereas it is 2.5 from factory. Is there a reason the 2.25 diameter was chosen over the 2.5?
My replacement for it is the magnaflow's 12268:

https://www.magnaflow.com/products/1226 ... ce-muffler

For my transverse muffler i am looking at the magnaflow 12265:

https://www.magnaflow.com/products/1226 ... ce-muffler

All the pipes i assume will have to be custom made. I was quoted by two shops nearby that the total will be from ~250-400. This is my first custom exhaust so I'm unsure if this is a decent deal.

I haven't decided on a set of tips yet. I don't think i will put in a set of resonators behind them. If removing them(the resonators not the tips of course), it is possible that will create a lot of drone? My goal is to have a fairly quite ride but yet have a subtle growl at idle.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
 #380761  by KxWarrior
 September 20th, 2019, 6:53 pm
The first muffler in the diagram has a 2.25 diameter because off the cats it’s a 2.25 diameter then goes out to 2.5 inches Having the collector there will quiet it down some I believe. I’m running pipes to the transverse, then out to tips. It’s loud and there’s some drone. But I’m also missing the first collector. My rts magnaflow is a little quieter then the flow master on the es, so there may be some differences between brand. Hope I helped some!
4thgenChryslerfam liked this
 #380763  by 4thgenChryslerfam
 September 21st, 2019, 5:42 am
KxWarrior wrote: September 20th, 2019, 6:53 pm The first muffler in the diagram has a 2.25 diameter because off the cats it’s a 2.25 diameter then goes out to 2.5 inches Having the collector there will quiet it down some I believe. I’m running pipes to the transverse, then out to tips. It’s loud and there’s some drone. But I’m also missing the first collector. My rts magnaflow is a little quieter then the flow master on the es, so there may be some differences between brand. Hope I helped some!
That's what i had thought as well, however according to MagnaFlow's website, the muffler has a 2.5 inlet, and 2.25 outlet. Unless you can flip it around but i don't think it works like that haha. I think ill first start with the 1st collector and transverse muffler and see how it sounds. If it's still too loud for me i will then add the resonators that come before the tips.
 #380766  by KxWarrior
 September 21st, 2019, 7:17 pm
If it’s a free flowing design it might very well work like that. I’m not too sure as I didn’t add it in on either of my cars

Edit: I clicked the link for the 12268 muffler and it has a video showing it’s unidirectional.
 #380768  by 4thgenChryslerfam
 September 22nd, 2019, 7:53 am
KxWarrior wrote: September 21st, 2019, 7:17 pm If it’s a free flowing design it might very well work like that. I’m not too sure as I didn’t add it in on either of my cars

Edit: I clicked the link for the 12268 muffler and it has a video showing it’s unidirectional.
Yup i found that out too. Had to do some deeper searching in the forum that i didn't think of, 12258 should work for me then. I should be all set.
KxWarrior liked this