Chrysler 300M Enthusiasts Club
  • Hujo Inconsistencies?

• Talk about the most common LH mod, and why Chrysler didn't do it.
Membership Banner

Talk about the most common LH mod, and why Chrysler didn't do it.

Moderator: Moderators

#380756  by 4thgenChryslerfam
 September 20th, 2019, 11:04 am
Hello everyone, I've been looking over a lot of threads in the forum in search of replicating the HUJO setup on my base M. I understand with exhaust there can be a lot of leeway in parts that can be used. Just hoping I can find some definitive answer that the parts i am going to purchase will be suitable for my car.

For starters, looking at the first diagram the part number used is magnaflow's 12258. This certain muffler has a 2.25 outlet whereas it is 2.5 from factory. Is there a reason the 2.25 diameter was chosen over the 2.5?
My replacement for it is the magnaflow's 12268:

https://www.magnaflow.com/products/1226 ... ce-muffler

For my transverse muffler i am looking at the magnaflow 12265:

https://www.magnaflow.com/products/1226 ... ce-muffler

All the pipes i assume will have to be custom made. I was quoted by two shops nearby that the total will be from ~250-400. This is my first custom exhaust so I'm unsure if this is a decent deal.

I haven't decided on a set of tips yet. I don't think i will put in a set of resonators behind them. If removing them(the resonators not the tips of course), it is possible that will create a lot of drone? My goal is to have a fairly quite ride but yet have a subtle growl at idle.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
 #380761  by KxWarrior
 September 20th, 2019, 6:53 pm
The first muffler in the diagram has a 2.25 diameter because off the cats it’s a 2.25 diameter then goes out to 2.5 inches Having the collector there will quiet it down some I believe. I’m running pipes to the transverse, then out to tips. It’s loud and there’s some drone. But I’m also missing the first collector. My rts magnaflow is a little quieter then the flow master on the es, so there may be some differences between brand. Hope I helped some!
4thgenChryslerfam liked this
 #380763  by 4thgenChryslerfam
 September 21st, 2019, 5:42 am
KxWarrior wrote: September 20th, 2019, 6:53 pm The first muffler in the diagram has a 2.25 diameter because off the cats it’s a 2.25 diameter then goes out to 2.5 inches Having the collector there will quiet it down some I believe. I’m running pipes to the transverse, then out to tips. It’s loud and there’s some drone. But I’m also missing the first collector. My rts magnaflow is a little quieter then the flow master on the es, so there may be some differences between brand. Hope I helped some!
That's what i had thought as well, however according to MagnaFlow's website, the muffler has a 2.5 inlet, and 2.25 outlet. Unless you can flip it around but i don't think it works like that haha. I think ill first start with the 1st collector and transverse muffler and see how it sounds. If it's still too loud for me i will then add the resonators that come before the tips.
 #380766  by KxWarrior
 September 21st, 2019, 7:17 pm
If it’s a free flowing design it might very well work like that. I’m not too sure as I didn’t add it in on either of my cars

Edit: I clicked the link for the 12268 muffler and it has a video showing it’s unidirectional.
 #380768  by 4thgenChryslerfam
 September 22nd, 2019, 7:53 am
KxWarrior wrote: September 21st, 2019, 7:17 pm If it’s a free flowing design it might very well work like that. I’m not too sure as I didn’t add it in on either of my cars

Edit: I clicked the link for the 12268 muffler and it has a video showing it’s unidirectional.
Yup i found that out too. Had to do some deeper searching in the forum that i didn't think of, 12258 should work for me then. I should be all set.
KxWarrior liked this