Chrysler 300M Enthusiasts Club
  • We Lost A Great One Today

John Benjamin Memorial Virtual Car Show Banner

Membership Banner

Moderator: Moderators

#384205  by BigMike60
 May 19th, 2020, 5:42 pm
My Best friend. Indy nut. 300M'er to the max. Was just stunned when Barb called with the news. I hadn't bawled in a long time, but I did that day. And Covid will cause a delay for even a memorial service. Just a bad deal all around.
 #384211  by 2001Intrepid18
 May 19th, 2020, 8:38 pm
First Lady wrote: May 19th, 2020, 3:59 pm As we all continue to grieve the loss of John, I'd love to share a great piece of work that Mike Brawley created as a tribute to this amazing man.

So nice to see his happy face here!
There goes my darn waterworks now 😭😭 such an amazing guy gone too soon. I’ll miss seeing his smiling face walking up to me and my family to give me a firm handshake and a hug💔
 #384212  by First Lady
 May 19th, 2020, 8:54 pm
2001Intrepid18 wrote: May 19th, 2020, 8:38 pm
There goes my darn waterworks now 😭😭 such an amazing guy gone too soon. I’ll miss seeing his smiling face walking up to me and my family to give me a firm handshake and a hug💔
I hear you...for the world's biggest crier this is the hardest!! I've cried every day but keep hearing John telling me to stop crying and come sit down and have a beer. I share your tears Nick!!
 #384230  by dcsally97
 May 20th, 2020, 3:46 pm
Just want to share. After Carlisle 2018 we took a family vacation a week later to Daytona. We saw this coming back from a miniature golf night and it made me think of John. He was drinking Landshark at the hotel parking lot. I sent him the picture, and he got a good laugh!

#384243  by First Lady
 May 21st, 2020, 12:45 pm
dcsally97 wrote:Just want to share. After Carlisle 2018 we took a family vacation a week later to Daytona. We saw this coming back from a miniature golf night and it made me think of John. He was drinking Landshark at the hotel parking lot. I sent him the picture, and he got a good laugh!

That’s awesome Doug!! There was many a time we’d see a margaritaville and would send a picture to John!! Glad I’ll still have these regular reminders of him but sad not to be able to text him!
 #384244  by First Lady
 May 21st, 2020, 12:48 pm
Here’s a second obituary that represents John so well:

https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/indys ... =196222701
Sneke_Eyez liked this
 #384329  by sparky99
 May 27th, 2020, 9:57 pm
A few days ago, I ordered a couple stickers. Today, I installed them.

These will always remind me of our friend. He was the first one to comment when I put one on the old back window. I noticed that quite a few of us have them on the lower left of the windshield as well.
here they are.

Sneke_Eyez, monte4, First Lady and 2 others liked this
 #384339  by First Lady
 May 28th, 2020, 5:52 pm
That's awesome Robert!! Keith and I also made a purchase from the IMS store - we got a handful of wings like that and decided we'll always have one in all our cars. Tucking the spares away for now. We also got chairs which we had been wanting for a long time. Just a few little things that will continue to keep John in our daily life and honor our dear friend.
 #384342  by M-Pressive
 May 28th, 2020, 6:15 pm
First Lady wrote: May 28th, 2020, 5:52 pm That's awesome Robert!! Keith and I also made a purchase from the IMS store - we got a handful of wings like that and decided we'll always have one in all our cars. Tucking the spares away for now. We also got chairs which we had been wanting for a long time. Just a few little things that will continue to keep John in our daily life and honor our dear friend.
We grabbed an Indy flag for the garage as well.
 #384351  by First Lady
 May 28th, 2020, 8:20 pm
Oh yeah, can’t wait to get it hung up!
 #384371  by LUNAT1C
 May 29th, 2020, 11:00 pm
I can't wait to get the 100th running lobby poster from the Indy Meet that year hung up in my office! Maybe once the garage has been drywalled and everything has a place on the walls, I'll figure out some flag hangings in there. Need an Indy flag and a club flag if I can get one!