Chrysler 300M Enthusiasts Club
  • manifold tuning valve

• Discuss Aftermarket and Custom Parts
Membership Banner

Discuss Aftermarket and Custom Parts

Moderator: Moderators

#389641  by joegolfer

looking for a ACCUATOR manifold tuning valve for a 2002 Chrysler 300m. Original Mopar part number 5019080AA, possible replacement part number 05019080AA.
Joegolfer
 #389642  by EasyRider300M

why do you need a new tuning valve. I never read of anyone needed to replace it. What symptoms are you having?
 #389644  by joegolfer

According to the automotive shop which diagnosed a problem I was having said the manifold tuning valve was leaking air which was causing the engine (which is a new manufactured engine) to vibrate at startup. it only does it at initial startup when it is cold. They cannot find the replacement part, if that is really causing the problem. Any better ideas?
 #389645  by M-Pressive

Is it just the o-ring that goes around the MTV that is leaking?

I would honestly grab one from a junkyard. I did a quick scan and do not see any new ones.

I have never heard of one going bad so a yard one should work just fine. I would still replace the o-ring though.
 #389658  by LUNAT1C

Agreed, replace O-ring before replacing the MTV. If the issue persists, you should be able to find a replacement MTV at most salvage yards from a 300M, Concorde Limited, Intrepid R/T or SXT, basically any 2002-2004 LH car with the 3.5L HO engine (LO engine has a block plate instead of the MTV, 1998-2001 has a different style MTV).
 #389674  by TrepKing95

LUNAT1C wrote: November 15th, 2021, 5:55 pm Agreed, replace O-ring before replacing the MTV. If the issue persists, you should be able to find a replacement MTV at most salvage yards from a 300M, Concorde Limited, Intrepid R/T or SXT, basically any 2002-2004 LH car with the 3.5L HO engine (LO engine has a block plate instead of the MTV, 1998-2001 has a different style MTV).
Did the Manifold Tuning Valve change as well for the 2002+? I know the Short Runner Valve (SRV) changed from vacuum operated to electrically operated.
 #389675  by LUNAT1C

TrepKing95 wrote: November 18th, 2021, 6:39 pm Did the Manifold Tuning Valve change as well for the 2002+? I know the Short Runner Valve (SRV) changed from vacuum operated to electrically operated.
That could what I'm thinking of, but over the years I've found it's safer to stick to same year parts when you're not sure, especially if the part has an electrical connector.
TrepKing95 liked this