Chrysler 300M Enthusiasts Club
  • Options for Bluetooth Upgrade on Factory Radio?

• Discuss Custom or Factory Audio Systems
Membership Banner

Discuss Custom or Factory Audio Systems

Moderator: Moderators

#387561  by sdugasjr
 March 22nd, 2021, 12:03 pm
Hello all, I was wondering what my options were for a Bluetooth or an aux input would be for my '00 300. I've got the Infinity II system with the 4 disc in-dash cd changer (if that makes any difference for option variety). Currently, the changer was replaced with a pocket, so I've been using a cassette adapter, but it does not sound very good and I would like something that is "tucked away". I would look at my options for a radio upgrade but I am not really in the market to do so right now.

Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance!
 #387566  by dcsally97
 March 23rd, 2021, 1:00 pm
If you had an '02-'04 I would suggest the GROM BT-3. I have one in my car and it works great. The older LH's don't have the correct wiring for that unit though.
 #387567  by In-trepid
 March 23rd, 2021, 2:06 pm
Doug,
Are you still running that on the RBQ radio with no issues? I remember that a couple of years ago we traded the RBQ for your RB1 that had issues wit the GROM unit. I gave Sidney a heads up on this issue with the RB1.
 #387568  by dcsally97
 March 23rd, 2021, 2:55 pm
Yes, the RBQ and the GROM unit work together. The RB1 will not work with the GROM.
 #387598  by TrepKing95
 March 29th, 2021, 5:11 pm
https://www.discountcarstereo.com/a2d-c ... ory_id=439

I use this in my 99M with an RB1 with all its goodies. Works pretty well, aside from a minor inconvenience if you press the uconnect button while playing music!
 #387702  by bbb123
 April 13th, 2021, 7:47 am
Since the radio pci system is stand alone (except for the speed signal for the RB1) you can add a 6 dvd changer with front aux input and with the multiplex box you can have both the sirius box and the dvd changer
as long as the 6 dvd is version ac or newer it will also play mp3 CDs
You can also add the factory hands free uconnect pci module and mirror for phone bluetooth

The two best PCI oval face radios are the RB1 nav or the REV that plays DVD and MP3 CD and has front audio and video input

Or with a working sirius module you can tap into its audio input to head unit for a quality audio in

Alternatively by adding a TIPM and small ign module with 4 wires in trunk you can make one of the newer can bus radios operative and the RER my gig has the hands free module built in
opens up use of RES REQ and mygig radios with just junkyard parts
 #387709  by In-trepid
 April 13th, 2021, 2:03 pm
bbb123 wrote: April 13th, 2021, 7:47 am
Alternatively by adding a TIPM and small ign module with 4 wires in trunk you can make one of the newer can bus radios operative and the RER my gig has the hands free module built in
opens up use of RES REQ and mygig radios with just junkyard parts
I would like to know a little more about this!