Chrysler 300M Enthusiasts Club
  • Ceramic Coating

• Maybe we should have called this the Zaino forum
Membership Banner

Maybe we should have called this the Zaino forum

Moderator: Moderators

#376306  by M-Pressive
 October 27th, 2018, 7:23 pm
I keep wanting to try ceramic coating but have not done so yet.
 #376315  by FalKen
 October 28th, 2018, 12:19 pm
from my research, I will try this . but to get to that point my car would have to be "BOB-ESQUE" clean LOL. and I'm a long way from that.
 #376321  by FIREM
 October 28th, 2018, 6:49 pm
Was $60 now 9.99 really? :roll: :? Send me $5 and I won't call you "swirly" :lol:
"There ain't no subbin for some good rubbin" :shock:
Sorry folks, until "mother nature" stops dropping stuff like rain drops, sap, pollen, and every other thing that lands on an auto finish, you will need to do something to maintain the finish. :eek Sun bakes these deposits, water drops leave minerals behind, not to mention road debris like rubber and bird crap.
All the hype of longest lasting, no touch finishes, no stick, Teflon, ceramic etc look great. Even basics like "Turtle Wax" look great until the ravages of time take their toll.
No matter what product you use, thorough prep, periodic cleaning and renewing the protection will never end.
Sorry just my$0.02 :wink:

Is there a warranty?
Yes! If you have any issues with your Ultra Ceramic Car Coating within 90 days of its receipt we will replace it free of charge! :thebar
 #376332  by beespecial
 October 29th, 2018, 6:51 am
I'm happy with my paint protection by Zaino thank you very much. Annual springtime claybar session followed by 4-5 coats of Z-2 with an additional coat or 2 at end of summer.
 #376334  by cin993
 October 29th, 2018, 9:03 am
Does anyone know exactly what was used to clear coat the lenses when the car was new from the factory? (or parts supplier Bosch etc) Must be an industrial/commercial UV coating specifically for plastic polycarbonate lenses used on multiple makes of cars,

The original lens coating seems to last a long time. And aftermarket fixes more or less temporary 2-3 years.
 #376374  by Countachqv
 October 30th, 2018, 6:41 pm
dont know that product. I have used 2 separate products: Nano Pro and Ceramic pro. I know these to be the best in the market. I can tell you that works! You will not recognize your own car BUT IT IS VERY EXPENSIVE! The pain must be prepared and absolutly clean. Unless you know how to apply these products, you need to get a pro doing it. and a good pro.

Pro:
All you do after a Ceramic treatment is powerwash the car with a good Suds foam cleaner with a gun and blow it with a leaf blower. The water simply rolls off with no marks. You dont need to rub it with any microfibers (no swirls). The car will just shine back at you with a deep paint color. Of course if you drive in snow or mud or rain you need to use a soft sponge for the lower part of the car while Suds foam is on it
On one of my cars I have done clear bra (Xpel) and ceramic pro on top.
Basically I can clean my treated cars under 1 hour and it looks like a 2 days labor job each time.

Con:
Depending how many coats you put that can get up to the price of your M if you use the 7 coat for Ceramic Pro. But that will last you a long time in all weather.
If you dont know how to put that stuff on, you can really mess up the look. Every imperfection can be seen if the paint is not restored perfect.

For the Ms, I would stick to wax unless you have built a unique car like Keith.