Chrysler 300M Enthusiasts Club
  • Lubricant

• Maybe we should have called this the Zaino forum
Membership Banner

Maybe we should have called this the Zaino forum

Moderator: Moderators

#132929  by mendon mafia
 March 29th, 2007, 11:31 pm
what kind of lubricant is good to use when using a clay bar. is tire shine OK?

#132930  by velobard
 March 29th, 2007, 11:54 pm
Not tire shine, but any kind of quick detailer works great. Some people even use a car wash/water solution, but I've heard reports that some clays break down faster with this combo. Most clays you buy over the counter come with a spray bottle of QD or clay lube.

Here's a great guide to claying your car.
http://guidetodetailing.com/articles.php?articleId=14

P.S. The last time I was in Walmart I noticed they've started carrying Mother's clay kits for about $13. I usually use Clay Magic from Autozone for about $11.

#132957  by beespecial
 March 30th, 2007, 8:05 am
When I clay mine, I'll use a diluted Dawn solution and a spray bottle. Using Dawn will remove the old polish and the clay will remove the the surface contaminants. Then I can start a new base of polish. This is the only time I use Dawn.

It's really amazing how much smoother the finish will be after claying.

#133070  by mendon mafia
 April 1st, 2007, 10:52 am
thanks guys for the info as soon as it stops raining i am gonna clay my whole car and give it some good wax and then hit it with some sealer i hope it will look as good as your guys cars.
 #250232  by Derrick300M
 March 3rd, 2011, 12:25 pm
For the last couple of years I've used a solution called FK425. you can use it as a quick detailier, clay lube and you can actually use it around on the house on tv screens, computer screens, glass and auto glass and trims. It's a little pricier than the above mentioned but it's multi use properties make it worth it IMO and you get a good amount. Plus it has anti-static properties so it helps reduce pollen attraction and dust. Which is the main reason a lot of people use it on tv and computer screens. I just like the fact that pollen for the most part basically falls off the car when I use it. Oh and the kicker is it smells like bubble gum :mrgreen:

Re:

#251913  by JA Cumbo
 March 18th, 2011, 5:11 pm
beespecial wrote:When I clay mine, I'll use a diluted Dawn solution and a spray bottle. Using Dawn will remove the old polish and the clay will remove the the surface contaminants. Then I can start a new base of polish. This is the only time I use Dawn.

It's really amazing how much smoother the finish will be after claying.
I really need to get a claybar for mine. My dad bought a clay bar kit for his Sebring convertible and he loved the results. I am impressed too. Black is a tough color to get looking good and it succeeded at that. :O
 #251953  by monte4
 March 19th, 2011, 7:22 am
Check out the Ultima system. Comes with lubricant and rubber pad instead of clay. Easy to use and works really well. I'm using all of their products along with some Sonus products and am happy with both company's products.