Chrysler 300M Enthusiasts Club
  • Temperature

• Maybe we should have called this the Zaino forum
Membership Banner

Maybe we should have called this the Zaino forum

Moderator: Moderators

#217459  by Maximus
 February 21st, 2010, 7:34 am
When do you all wax. Temperature range, time of season. how many times a year. Do you strip off the last wax coat before you wax again. Do you polish and then wax. I know I am going to use a clay bar this spring so I will wash, clay bar, polish and wax I think. and how many coats of wax.
 #217480  by FIREM
 February 21st, 2010, 11:59 am
When? Year round, heated garage.....
Most products do well above 50 or so degrees. Layering depending on product.
Spring and fall for a good couple of coats especially around "show season"
Full blown cleaning and detailing, strip by washing with Dawn Dishwashing Deteregent, Clay, Polish, Coat.
Personally "Addicted" to Zaino Products......
http://www.zainostore.com/
 #217486  by Brando26
 February 21st, 2010, 12:20 pm
I agree, at least 50F or more. I usually wash, polish, then wax.
 #217533  by SilverHawk35
 February 21st, 2010, 8:56 pm
Finally a topic i can add my 2 cents about lol......I am a detailer and from what i have heard everyone is right, but one thing to add the humidity makes a huge difference. Also the silicon content of the waxes, polishes and glazes, I personally like CarBrite Prdoucts, i.e. Tropi Glow, Nano Wax, Nano spray wax, Perma-Seal, Super-Seal, and the entire Black Pearl paint recon system. I use what i call the three step after a thorough wash,chem bath and clay baring, I use a cutting pad&compound equal to the need of the paint, then polishing pad& compound, then a final finishing pad&compound, then the final waxing to seal all the hard work up. But as for number of times a year i do this at least 2-3 times a year and as for waxing......just about any time i am bored. :super
 #217541  by LUNAT1C
 February 21st, 2010, 10:10 pm
The thing to remember is the car itself needs to be dry before you should apply the wax. When I wax, I wax the whole shebang, then go back to where I started and remove the wax in the same pattern. Usually by the time I've finished applying the wax, it's ready for removal. As SIlverHawk said, humidity can be a problem in keeping teh wax wet, and it must be dry before removal. So if you're working in a humid environment you might have problems.

I only wax spring-summer-fall. I don't have a heated garage for waxing in the winter.