Chrysler 300M Enthusiasts Club
  • pressure washing

• Maybe we should have called this the Zaino forum
Membership Banner

Maybe we should have called this the Zaino forum

Moderator: Moderators

#255100  by toshik
 April 23rd, 2011, 6:59 pm
I know it's now exactly about waxing but does anyone use the electrical pressure washers to clean the car? I found a whole bunch of Karcher 1500 PSI and up washers but have no feeback on what might be adequate for car washing and how efficient it is.
 #255113  by krautmaster
 April 23rd, 2011, 10:20 pm
Use those for cleaning your driveway and vinyl siding - keep them away from the car! Had a friend who cleaned his '95 Neon with one: He cleaned the engine with it first and a month later everything electrical started malfunctioning-too much water was forced into the electrical connectors which then started to corrode. The worst thing was immediate, the Lapis blue paint on his passenger door came off in big chunks....
 #255129  by Tarheel
 April 24th, 2011, 5:36 am
I use a Karcher pressure washer to clean my wheel wells and under the car in winter to wash off the road salt; never on the engine. The spray is adjustable.
 #255139  by grayslater
 April 24th, 2011, 8:01 am
I don't have a Karcher, but I do use a pressure washer (Toro) at home. Though it comes with multiple attachments that changes the pressure output. There's one attachment (yellow tipped) especially for cars.
 #255141  by toshik
 April 24th, 2011, 8:10 am
So which one is recommended and what pressure is good?
 #255155  by Tarheel
 April 24th, 2011, 10:27 am
With either washer you can adjust the spray and also stand back from the car, I use mine to loosen the dirt then hand wash it and finally spray the soap off. It's not like going through a car wash.
 #255157  by grayslater
 April 24th, 2011, 10:43 am
tarheel wrote:With either washer you can adjust the spray and also stand back from the car, I use mine to loosen the dirt then hand wash it and finally spray the soap off. It's not like going through a car wash.
X2
 #255158  by krautmaster
 April 24th, 2011, 10:43 am
tarheel wrote:I use a Karcher pressure washer to clean my wheel wells and under the car in winter to wash off the road salt; never on the engine. The spray is adjustable.
That is a good way to use them
 #255165  by Tarheel
 April 24th, 2011, 1:55 pm
krautmaster wrote:-------He cleaned the engine with it first and a month later everything electrical started malfunctioning-too much water was forced into the electrical connectors which then started to corrode.-------

There are warnings in mower & garden tractor manuals to "never clean the engine with water" even with garden hose pressure.