Membership Banner

Maybe we should have called this the Zaino forum

Moderator: Moderators

#256455  by M-Pressive
 May 9th, 2011, 9:52 am
Looks great Cory, better than new.
 #256508  by grayslater
 May 9th, 2011, 7:37 pm
Well, hopefully after Indy I can have some of the guys comfirm the results.
 #256510  by monte4
 May 9th, 2011, 7:43 pm
I've been looking at this machine also. Looks to be the best you can buy for a DIY'er. They've got package deals on it with pads and polishing products at Autopia. I've been using the polishes and waxes from them but without the machine for a while with good results, but didn't know anyone who'd bought the Cable Porter. Your car looks great!
 #256513  by M-Pressive
 May 9th, 2011, 7:52 pm
grayslater wrote:Well, hopefully after Indy I can have some of the guys comfirm the results.
Hopefully Carlisle too :D
 #276479  by monte4
 March 3rd, 2012, 6:11 pm
Last fall my mechanic asked me what to use on his car (a black Toyota Avalon). I'd seen the car and it was full of minor scratches and swirl marks. I told him he'd need a machine because it was beyond hand polishing. I recommended the Porter Cable so he bought a kit from Autopia. He said the car came out like new (I haven't seen it since he did it). Yesterday I mentioned that I had a couple of scratches on the roof of the 300 so he pulls out his kit from behind the counter and hands it to me to take home and try. I've tried polishing out these scratches by hand with no luck. I have the proper polish (Sonus 3 step) but lacked the machine. Well holy cow, 5 minutes with the Porter Cable and my polish and the scratches were gone. I'm hooked, I just ordered a complete kit. Comes with the Porter Cable random orbital machine, Five 6" pads of my choice (different color pad for amount of cut or just polishing and waxing), pad cleaner and conditioner, a couple of polishing cloths. I also ordered a couple of spot pads (4" just for doing small areas like a scratch). You can also use the smaller pads for headlights, tail lights. Again you have your choice of colors for amount of cut. The whole kit was on sale plus they gave me the first 5 pads for free. I can't wait to try it on my truck which is dark red and has lots of fine swirl marks on it from the winter.
 #276513  by Striker98
 March 4th, 2012, 7:55 pm
I just ordered the same thing but through Adam's Polishes. Cant wait to get it for spring.
I always thought my paint was good until I did the light test with a camera and you could see the swirls in the paint.
 #282381  by Striker98
 May 20th, 2012, 8:46 pm
Just did my special with the kit from Adams and it looks amazing, but not as stunning as Cory's as his car is black. I will post pis later.
 #282386  by FIREM
 May 20th, 2012, 9:05 pm
Myth CONFIRMED, you cant miss with this machine. Cory's Black and my RED have never been as good as they were for today's Indy 2012 Meet !

Someone shoud look into a group deal and should get one !!!
 #283757  by DaleFicken
 June 7th, 2012, 3:10 pm
I love mine! It takes the old paint and makes it as good as it is going to get.. time to do it again after two long road trips to the west coast then back to the east. Poor Mercy really could use new paint and a few other items.. new front and rear bumper covers, new windshield, a very good cleaning!
 #323352  by Legenbas
 January 1st, 2014, 3:17 pm
I just received a new Dual Action buffer this year for Christmas and will be testing it out next year on my Mazda before I use it on the 300. From the looks of how brilliant the paint looked when Cory had it, I hope to bring the paint back to the that type of shine again.