Chrysler 300M Enthusiasts Club
  • Props to the Red

• Maybe we should have called this the Zaino forum
Membership Banner

Maybe we should have called this the Zaino forum

Moderator: Moderators

#287467  by Maximus
 August 5th, 2012, 5:50 am
I have to give great praise to the Chrysler Red. I know Bob knows this but I got to tell you. Don't know whether it's because anyone buying red had to pay an extra $250 premium for the color, but the red is a very , very forgiving color. I have not wax the car since winter. It was looking a bit dull. Yesterday I washed her, and used a basic cleaner wax and the color was blinding. When the sun hits it you can't even look at it. I must have about 20 different cleaners, polishers, and waxes, but because my knees hurt and I'm getting lazy I went with a Maguire's cleaner wax.
I do want to buy the machine everyone is talking about to save on human body parts.
I am not sure if it because it's a metallic paint, or are all of the paints metallic.
Just saying if you have a choice to get a used M and it red don't worry about the paint it will polish right up.
 #287481  by 300maximilien
 August 5th, 2012, 11:36 am
it is an amazing color for sure
 #287483  by FIREM
 August 5th, 2012, 1:05 pm
No complains here ......RED M's RULE :lol:
Although there have been some issues in the "early" with clear coat Chrysler paint appears to be pretty good. The Pro AM was neglected by the previous owner, then it spent close to a year near a pine tree. Then to add insult to injury a disgruntled student spray painted silver graffiti on the entire left side. Washed the car with paint thinner and a quickie cleaner/wax job looked pretty good. Two days before Carlisle, a date with Mr.Porta Cable and the Graphite Grey came back to life fairly well.
 #287485  by Bill Putney
 August 5th, 2012, 4:41 pm
FIREM wrote:...Although there have been some issues in the "early" with clear coat Chrysler paint appears to be pretty good...
There apparently was a clear coat issue in '98 on the Candy Apple Red (not sure why it would be color dependent - maybe it isn't). My '98 clear coat has been steadily deteriorating since I bought it 5 or 6 years ago, but the '99 doesn't have any problems.
 #287486  by Maximus
 August 5th, 2012, 4:41 pm
Did you catch the student?
 #287490  by FIREM
 August 5th, 2012, 6:12 pm
Not directly but the "suspect" was tasked heavily !!
 #287491  by Bill Putney
 August 5th, 2012, 6:57 pm
FIREM wrote:...Then to add insult to injury a disgruntled student spray painted silver graffiti on the entire left side...
Hopefully that made him gruntled. :)
 #287524  by InfernoRedM
 August 6th, 2012, 6:37 am
Gotta love the red Ms - not red M&Ms, red 300Ms! :lol:
 #287525  by LUNAT1C
 August 6th, 2012, 7:02 am
Red? Meh. Got nothin' on DEEP SAPPHIRE BLUE!

- LUNAT1C, DSB fan since 2003!
 #287593  by miska_man
 August 6th, 2012, 9:48 pm
LUNAT1C wrote:Red? Meh. Got nothin' on DEEP SAPPHIRE BLUE!

- LUNAT1C, DSB fan since 2003!
You go away! :P This is our Red thread!