Chrysler 300M Enthusiasts Club
  • Detailing Organization

• Maybe we should have called this the Zaino forum
Membership Banner

Maybe we should have called this the Zaino forum

Moderator: Moderators

#288012  by monte4
 August 15th, 2012, 11:02 am
I was tired of having all my wash and detailing stuff everywhere so I spent yesterday getting everything organized. This will be so much more convenient as everything now has it's place.
I bought a resin 4 shelf rack (didn't need the top shelf) and a bunch of Rubbermaid plastic blue totes. I divided things up like so:

Wheels and Tires: wheel and tire cleaners, tire dressing pads and dressing, small brushes and small wash mitt for rims, nut and cavity cleaning tool, chrome polish for the wheels, black microfiber towels for drying wheels.

Wash & Dry: Car wash shampoo, bug and tar remover, wash mitts (1 for top portion of car, 1 for lower portion, I keep 2 of each), drying towels (I use an assortment - big for bodywork, small for glass)

Interior: Leather cleaner, leather conditioner, glass cleaner, carpet cleaner, quick detail cleaner, microfiber towels.

Wax & Polish: Clay system, 4 polishes form moderate to finish, lots of different size microfiber towels, paint sealant and applicators

P.C. & Pads: Porter Cable polisher, big assortment of both 5 1/2" and 4" pads of different aggression, bottles of pad preconditioner and pad cleaner.

Misc.: I use a 2 bucket wash system with grit guards, fire hose attachment with shut off on hose, and hose blockers to prevent hose getting kinked around tires.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
 #288025  by 300maximilien
 August 15th, 2012, 2:02 pm
Very cool....I have been trying to come up with something since my son is into cleaning his car now and we tend to leave stuff laying around everywhere.

Can you explain the 2-bucket thing? Grit guards?
 #288033  by FIREM
 August 15th, 2012, 4:19 pm
NICE ! Better than my stuff is stored :lol:
I have 8 milk crates full of "stuff"
2 Bucket thing uses seperate buckets for washing. "Dirty" wash mitt, after soaping up the car, is rinsed in a seperate bucket so as to not contaminate the wash water bucket. Grit guards in the bottom of buckets, plastic insert allows any "grit" to fall to the bottom never to get on the wash mitt...
"Junkman Videos" demonstrate use. Personally do not have or use them, but are a good idea.....if your car gets that dirty...
 #288036  by 300maximilien
 August 15th, 2012, 4:35 pm
FIREM wrote:if your car gets that dirty...
Ah see this is the key.....my car never gets "that" dirty!