Chrysler 300M Enthusiasts Club
  • Porter Cable 7424XP on Sale

• Maybe we should have called this the Zaino forum
Membership Banner

Maybe we should have called this the Zaino forum

Moderator: Moderators

#314438  by monte4
 August 6th, 2013, 6:09 pm
Adams Polishes has them on for $89.95 CAD from the Canadian Distributor of Adam's. Probably the same or a little cheaper in the US from Adams. That's a great deal.
 #314439  by paintballdude05
 August 6th, 2013, 6:18 pm
Are these still the best polishers out there? I've been needing to get one before attempting paint correction, I don't think using my single action 6" grinder like buffer on my car or truck is the best idea without good practice.
 #314442  by LUNAT1C
 August 6th, 2013, 6:35 pm
So far yes. The HF one I have seems to work well in spite of a crappy handle mount and stiff power switch.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 4
 #314447  by paintballdude05
 August 6th, 2013, 7:06 pm
It's interesting what they say on the site.
As more and more parts of the Porter Cable 7424XP are being made in China, Adam's Polishes is now moving to the Cyclo Polisher for random orbit paint correction! The Porter Cable Polisher is a solid entry level machine at one low price.
We have a very limited supply, so act fast!
 #314449  by JTROANOKE
 August 6th, 2013, 7:33 pm
paintballdude05 wrote:Are these still the best polishers out there? I've been needing to get one before attempting paint correction, I don't think using my single action 6" grinder like buffer on my car or truck is the best idea without good practice.
Don't even THINK about mounting a buffing pad to a grinder unless you want to repaint the car. Single acting (non orbital) buffers run about half the rpms or less than a typical angle grinder. Don't even recommend a single acting buffer unless you have a few junkyard panels to practice on.
 #314451  by paintballdude05
 August 6th, 2013, 7:35 pm
JTROANOKE wrote:
paintballdude05 wrote:Are these still the best polishers out there? I've been needing to get one before attempting paint correction, I don't think using my single action 6" grinder like buffer on my car or truck is the best idea without good practice.
Don't even THINK about mounting a buffing pad to a grinder unless you want to repaint the car. Single acting (non orbital) buffers run about half the rpms or less than a typical angle grinder. Don't even recommend a single acting buffer unless you have a few junkyard panels to practice on.
It's an actual buffer, not a grinder. I just wasn't sure what terminology to use! I've used it about a dozen times on headlights with good results after wet sanding.
 #314452  by JTROANOKE
 August 6th, 2013, 7:57 pm
Ok! Had me scared you were going to take an angle grinder to your car! That would be ugly. Believe it or not, since they look so similar, I have seen people try it with very ugly results.
 #314462  by Gorm
 August 6th, 2013, 10:42 pm
I wouldn't call the porter cable entry level. I have loved mine and have had great results with it.

I was also not impressed with their new fangled microfiber machine polishing. Had to stop about every 30 seconds and clear the microfiber of polish.
 #314466  by hrmwrm
 August 7th, 2013, 1:05 am
where are they at? just lookin and don't see them. although i get an error on the specials page.
 #314537  by monte4
 August 7th, 2013, 7:09 pm
Here's the link the to the Can website, but today the PC isn't on it. You may have to call.

http://www.adamspolishes.ca/c-6-detaili ... cials.aspx
This is a great polisher. I recommend taking the side handle off though. Then you can put your free hand on the head of the polisher. This gives you better control when using it. You have to buy a couple of hex bolts to keep the head cover on after you do this but it is well worth it. I have previously posted my results (the M looks better than new) and I'm more confident using it every time I bring it out.
 #314539  by FIREM
 August 7th, 2013, 7:37 pm
monte4 wrote:
This is a great polisher. I recommend taking the side handle off though. Then you can put your free hand on the head of the polisher. This gives you better control when using it. You have to buy a couple of hex bolts to keep the head cover on after you do this but it is well worth it. I have previously posted my results (the M looks better than new) and I'm more confident using it every time I bring it out.
X2 :bravo :usa
 #314541  by hrmwrm
 August 7th, 2013, 7:51 pm
paintballdude05 wrote:It's interesting what they say on the site.
As more and more parts of the Porter Cable 7424XP are being made in China, Adam's Polishes is now moving to the Cyclo Polisher for random orbit paint correction! The Porter Cable Polisher is a solid entry level machine at one low price.
apparently VERY limited. disappear from their site same day their mentioned. mind you with shipping costs, just about the same at home depot or other places.
wonder if CT carries them?
 #314571  by paintballdude05
 August 8th, 2013, 6:25 am
hrmwrm wrote:
paintballdude05 wrote:It's interesting what they say on the site.
apparently VERY limited. disappear from their site same day their mentioned. mind you with shipping costs, just about the same at home depot or other places.
wonder if CT carries them?
I believe they do, it's about $100 more though!

http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/browse/4 ... ?locale=en

Home Depot doesn't have them anymore. eShine.ca has them but they are still $150. I should have jumped on the one from Adam's... maybe I'll just have to "borrow" my fathers :D
 #314625  by monte4
 August 8th, 2013, 7:41 pm
Sounds like Adam's is out of them. Have you tried calling them (the Can. Adam's)?
I bought mine from Autopia and shipping wasn't that much ($20) all the way from down in the US. If Adam's is out of them, keep an eye out at Autopia as they have deals every couple of months. When I bought mine I paid $125 and I got my choice of 10 Lakecountry pads for free as a bonus.
 #314632  by Gorm
 August 8th, 2013, 8:23 pm
Adam's won't be getting any more either. They believe it is an obsolete tool.....yah right. This is what one of their agents told me at Carlisle.