Chrysler 300M Enthusiasts Club
  • Dash vent removal

• Get a vacuum and some Armor-All Leather Wipes. What else do you need?
25th Anniversary LH Platform Celebration

Membership Banner

Get a vacuum and some Armor-All Leather Wipes. What else do you need?

Moderator: Moderators

#158077  by JoeKD
 March 17th, 2008, 12:22 pm
Does anyone know how the side vents on the dash come out, I'm talking about the large round vents, not the small oval defogger ones

It looks like they should just pull out but I didn't want to take the chance without asking first

#158078  by Nitrohog
 March 17th, 2008, 12:40 pm
If you look inside there are two little clips at the top that help hold them in, if you pry them down a bit they just slide out IIRC.
 #376499  by Katzchen78
 November 11th, 2018, 7:38 pm
What about the little defroster ones? Particularly the driver side one. I broke mine when I swapped out the dash to get rid of a crack. I am hoping to find one in a junk yard to take, but don't want to break it too.
 #376502  by M-Pressive
 November 11th, 2018, 8:10 pm
Katzchen78 wrote:What about the little defroster ones? Particularly the driver side one. I broke mine when I swapped out the dash to get rid of a crack. I am hoping to find one in a junk yard to take, but don't want to break it too.
They are very hard to remove. When you are at the yard cut the vinyl around them so you can play with the clips easier. Just cut a dash that is already cracked.
Once you get the square in your hands you can gently massage the clips back and remove it. They are different on each side as well so you will need to grab the right one.
 #376503  by Katzchen78
 November 11th, 2018, 8:52 pm
That’s a great idea! Most dashes are cracked so that shouldn’t be hard to find. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk