Chrysler 300M Enthusiasts Club
  • My M + sea foam?

• Yes some people clean their engine, some don't. You know who you are. :)
Membership Banner

Yes some people clean their engine, some don't. You know who you are. :)

Moderator: Moderators

#328536  by miska_man
 April 1st, 2014, 11:58 pm
Plugs do not have to be changed after Seafoaming. I asked a Seafoam rep this and he had confirmed no need to change plugs.
 #328573  by Mottman
 April 2nd, 2014, 3:15 pm
Not always, thats true. But I have seen otherwise on a few occasions.
Get a little too agressive and its possible to mess em up. I would still
recommend having a set ready just in case.
Individuall results may vary.

The EVIL Sickness
 #328785  by MarvinM
 April 6th, 2014, 1:02 am
Update. Did a leak down test and failed. As soon as I turned the key to on the pump primed but the PSI started to drop like a rock. Then After starting and running the car the PSI dropped fast as soon as I turned it off. So I had to pull out the big guns:
This seemed to of worked. Leak down test passed. Looks like it was a leaky injector but, I went out to start up the 300m after sitting for 5 hours and felt a bit of a delay on the crank. I will see how it reacts tomorrow afternoon after sitting all night and morning. I think it just might be my paranoia that makes it seem like the crank was long. Just to be sure I might connect the gauge again tomorrow to double check.
 #329115  by gabe18
 April 9th, 2014, 9:20 pm
Seafoaming as I type :D
 #361808  by ThaJuggla817
 September 22nd, 2016, 9:27 pm
Bill Putney wrote: ... You may want to spray clean the throttle body and also remove and clean out the IAC motor and the cavity for it in the throttle body if you are having idle problems...

Hey, Bill, I was wanting to bounce something off you since I see your knowledge across multiple forums and your wisdom is great. But I was considering going to the yard and finding a secondary throttle body, cleaning it up nice and pretty and using that one and alternate between the two as needed in terms of maintenance and cleaning. The second thing that I was wondering is what exactly would I need to clean up the IAC without causing it any damage. I noticed that those are hefty in price for replacement. I was figuring a stiff tooth brush and whatever cleaner, but that's why I'm asking first before I pursue it.
 #361819  by beespecial
 September 23rd, 2016, 8:00 am
ThaJuggla817 wrote:
Bill Putney wrote: ... You may want to spray clean the throttle body and also remove and clean out the IAC motor and the cavity for it in the throttle body if you are having idle problems...

Hey, Bill, I was wanting to bounce something off you since I see your knowledge across multiple forums and your wisdom is great. But I was considering going to the yard and finding a secondary throttle body, cleaning it up nice and pretty and using that one and alternate between the two as needed in terms of maintenance and cleaning. The second thing that I was wondering is what exactly would I need to clean up the IAC without causing it any damage. I noticed that those are hefty in price for replacement. I was figuring a stiff tooth brush and whatever cleaner, but that's why I'm asking first before I pursue it.
You may be waiting quite a while for a response from Bill. He doesn't frequent our forums much at all anymore. He's a very knowledgeable person and I for one, miss him around here but he's moved on. If you see that he's in other forums, it would be best to query him in those places.
 #361821  by ThaJuggla817
 September 23rd, 2016, 9:58 am
Lol, so I forgot to check the date/time stamps on posts. Lol. Then anyone else since Bill is MIA?
 #361860  by tafi300M
 September 25th, 2016, 4:44 am
I would use spray solvent, not the tuffest, water and compressed air. Maybe soft brush lightly.
 #363804  by noahjoseph05
 December 31st, 2016, 11:31 am
-My name is Jon. I purchaced a 2007 Chrysler 300 with 100k miles on it. It has the 2.7 Liter V6,but suprizeingly it had been taken good care of. One thing i did notice was a real iritateing Valve Tap,but Chryslers are notorious for this,the Car still ran great. After doing some research i heard that repair shops have a service they do on high milage cars to clean/flush out gum/carbon deposit build up to free up sticky valves and solving the valve tap issue. They call it a Three Stage and charge somewhere in the neighborhood of 300-350$. I am now and forever a Beleiver in Seafoam Brother! This is what i did: I started the car,went under the hood and removed the oil cap. I then poured a third of a court of ATF into the crank case and waited about a minute,next i slowly started to pour in a half a can of Seafoam directly into the crank case. Once i was done pouring in the Seafoam i shut the car off and poured about 3 shot glasses worth of Seafoam into the crank case,put the cap on and fired the car back up allowing it to idle for 10 minutes. I then draind all the old oil ou and discarded the oil philter. (this part is important)with the oil draind and the oil filter off,i started the car for several seconds and turned off(i could here more oil draining) i started the car one more time for several seconds and turned it off only to hear more oil drain out. Now i knew every drop was out(dont worry,you have to do this to be successful just use comon sence) Next i wiped everything up and installed new oil filter,and 5 and a half quarts of Mobile1 Full Synthetic. Next i poured half a can of Seafoam in my fuel tank,removed my break booster vacume line and sucked up just under half a can of Seafom,turned car off and let sit for 15 minutes. Next i took her out and ran her full throttle take offs about 6 or 8 times,drove her back into the garage and let her sit til morning. When i came out the next day and started her up i couldnt beleive my ears...it worked...the car sounds like it was just bought! You can totally here how the sticky valves got freed up,the car is so quiet now and has way better responce. I am proud of myself! Hope this helps you out
 #363976  by InfernoLime
 January 9th, 2017, 7:25 am
^^thats a pretty aggressive treatment! Glad it worked! I've never heard of putting ATF in the crankcase before? Where did you hear that?
 #363985  by snstr_auto
 January 9th, 2017, 2:04 pm
InfernoLime wrote:^^thats a pretty aggressive treatment! Glad it worked! I've never heard of putting ATF in the crankcase before? Where did you hear that?
I've heard of using ATF to help getting engines unstuck. Also it has very high detergent content so I have heard to add it to engine oil before a change to flush the system
 #364001  by hrmwrm
 January 9th, 2017, 10:02 pm
1/2 ltr of atf is as good as any valve/lifter cleaner or engine flush. i've used it for asembly lube for pistons/rings too.