Chrysler 300M Enthusiasts Club
  • Gonna plant this seed now... Indy 2021

• Discuss Club Meetings and Functions
Membership Banner

Discuss Club Meetings and Functions

Moderator: Moderators

#382365  by beespecial
 February 19th, 2020, 9:42 pm
I've heard rumblings that another Indy Meet is being requested so maybe we can make this a reality for 2021. It's too late this year to make anything happen so I'll launch a poll later this summer to see which is more desireable, a qualifications weekend or the race weekend. Stay tuned...
M-Pressive, sparky99, dcsally97 and 5 others liked this
 #382366  by M-Pressive
 February 19th, 2020, 10:00 pm
Can I like this 20 times?

20th anniversary of the club in 2021, we need another Indy meet to celebrate!
 #382368  by sparky99
 February 19th, 2020, 11:03 pm
It’s too close for me to not be in!!!

I’m with Keith.... I’d like this 20 times if I could!! :thebar
beespecial liked this
 #382370  by dcsally97
 February 20th, 2020, 6:38 am
beespecial wrote: February 19th, 2020, 9:42 pm I've heard rumblings that another Indy Meet is being requested so maybe we can make this a reality for 2021. It's too late this year to make anything happen so I'll launch a poll later this summer to see which is more desireable, a qualifications weekend or the race weekend. Stay tuned...
I am also interested in an Indy meet. Next year our youngest son graduates high school. As we know, school graduations are pretty close to Memorial Day weekend. If it happens to be race weekend that might put me out. :x
beespecial liked this
 #382371  by FIREM
 February 20th, 2020, 7:44 am
I will have to check and see if I can get time off..........from RETIREMENT to attend. The one “commute” That did not change with our relocation is INDY! To say I’m in is absolute.
beespecial liked this
 #382372  by Sneke_Eyez
 February 20th, 2020, 8:37 am
I'd certainly consider it. I've never made it to an Indy Meet, but have heard you all rave about it.
beespecial liked this
 #382376  by LUNAT1C
 February 20th, 2020, 10:12 am
Is water wet?
Is the sky (usually, not this time of year...) blue?
Is Ryan's car green?
Is Bob retired?

If the answer to any of those questions is "YES", we'll be there. This time with more tape holding on my roof spoiler, and a keener eye for potholes. :lol:

From the house we're "pending" with to IMS is 4hrs 49min. Drop in the bucket. I've got a pair of checkered seat cushions that have only been used once, sitting in my basement. They should be dusted off!
 #382377  by beespecial
 February 20th, 2020, 11:09 am
With the change of ownership of the Indianapolis Motor Speedway from the Hulman family to Roger Penske this year, there are multiple changes being made to the facility itself as well as tweaking the schedule for the month of May. I don't know all of the changes but I know that cars will be allowed 45 more HP for qualifying which could push lap speeds into mid-230's. Personally, I woud love to see a new track record. Qualifications weekend is getting some changes to the format to create some additional drama for especially the last row. There will be 75 minutes for a 'last row shootout' for cars on the bubble to battle it out for a spot in the race. As far as the facility, there are some trees in the infield that are being cut down to improve visibility, restrooms are getting a freshening up (it's about time), miles of new fencing to replace the old rusted stuff, widening the space along the west side of the track to include most of the old Georgetown road pavement to improve ingress and egress for fans before and after the race. I think Penske has some big plans and the cash to implement them and I'm excited for it.

As always, I would really like to have the meet on race weekend and have as many that want to, attend the race and maybe even Carb day :shock: on Friday . But, if that can't happen, qualifications weekend provides some good stuff too. I want to see what changes are made this year and evaluate which weekend everyone would want to do next year.
LUNAT1C, M-Pressive, dcsally97 and 3 others liked this
 #382385  by First Lady
 February 20th, 2020, 9:06 pm
As Keith said, we're in!! Maybe we'll just plan to go a bit slower while we're there to avoid any extra expenses and conversations with the police...other than Sarah and your neighbor :-)
 #382386  by First Lady
 February 20th, 2020, 9:07 pm
LUNAT1C wrote: February 20th, 2020, 10:12 am This time with more tape holding on my roof spoiler, and a keener eye for potholes.
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 #382388  by StealthM
 February 21st, 2020, 1:28 am
Is this the cup race were talking about?????????
 #382389  by dcsally97
 February 21st, 2020, 6:36 am
StealthM wrote: February 21st, 2020, 1:28 am Is this the cup race were talking about?????????
I believe its called the IRL Cup. Maybe its the Penske Cup. :lol:
 #382392  by beespecial
 February 21st, 2020, 8:25 am
StealthM wrote: February 21st, 2020, 1:28 am Is this the cup race were talking about?????????
Pffft! Cup race? hahahahaha!

The Borg-Warner trophy is no mere cup.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
 #382393  by FIREM
 February 21st, 2020, 9:01 am
WE DONT DO FENDERS AT INDY