Chrysler 300M Enthusiasts Club
  • Mopars at the Beach - November 6th in Myrtle Beach, SC

• Discuss Club Meetings and Functions
ROM Banner

Membership Banner

Discuss Club Meetings and Functions

Moderator: Moderators

#389145  by LUNAT1C

We're still figuring out where we're going to be and when, dependent on Nick's work schedule. Might be in town for the 5th if we can get started driving on the 3rd. Likely we'll do Myrtle Beach until Sunday then head a couple hours south for a few days before starting back home.
 #389147  by M-Pressive

One mod is done!

The other one is in the mail.

Excited to get the car out to another show.
 #389163  by LUNAT1C

Finally got to see Nick's schedule through Turkey Day. Going to try to drive 11/3 to Charleston (WV) and overnight there, then reach Myrtle Beach in the evening on 11/4. That way I can relax 11/5 and attend the show 11/6 rather than get in late 11/5 and have 14 hours of driving to clean off the car. :lol: Not to mention, I've heard some folks we know are living there now... get some extra fa"M"ily time!

I figure we'll stay there until Sunday then head a couple hours down the coast, see what the other Charleston is like. Wonder if we know anyone down that way... :wink: Be there a couple days and tour the city before heading back via Charleston WV again, mid-week.

Nick works the night of 11/2, so I was hoping there would be a decently populated area closer to the Ohio/WV border so we can leave late 11/3, but it seems like it's Columbus, then Charleston, then Greensboro, and all forests and mountains between. Most of Ohio will be 2-lane country roads instead of interstate. Good thing for front end masks.
First Lady liked this
 #389168  by First Lady

I know we don't have set plans yet but I wanted to mention I just booked the event hotel - it's $100 cheaper a night than the one out near Bob and Darlene given the deal they have with the hotel. You can book until 10/3 so there's 3 days to lock in this rate. I figured with being able to cancel up to a few days before it at least has us covered at a great price if we use it.
 #389172  by First Lady

StealthM wrote:Lindsey is that the Holiday inn?
Yes with their code MOP it was $79 a night!
 #389173  by First Lady

You have until the 3rd I think and can cancel later if needed.
 #389202  by TrepKing95

I booked with the Hampton Inn a few weeks ago, and now I'm kicking myself for not paying closer attention to the forum! I tried to book with the Holiday Inn, but was having enough difficulty with the process I figured it would be easier to stick with what's certain. I'll see everyone there!
LUNAT1C liked this
 #389209  by M-Pressive

Rained today. No car projects got done.

Hoping to get them done tomorrow.
 #389217  by FIREM

Looks like this is coming together with 5 cars and a few "tentative" folks. :wink:
This weekend we should be putting together a plan of events including a BBQ at the Days Inn South. :D
 #389231  by 00R/T

Well, unfortunately I won’t be able to make it. I’m having a medical procedure a few days prior and don’t think I’m going to be up to making that drive. I’m hoping to be down in December, but I’m not 100% yet. My dad’s new Challenger should be delivered next week, so I’m trying to talk him into attending.
 #389238  by First Lady

00R/T wrote:Well, unfortunately I won’t be able to make it. I’m having a medical procedure a few days prior and don’t think I’m going to be up to making that drive. I’m hoping to be down in December, but I’m not 100% yet. My dad’s new Challenger should be delivered next week, so I’m trying to talk him into attending.
We will miss you and wish you well with the procedure. Keep us posted of your dad is interested in bringing his new car, would love to connect with him. And let us know if you’re around in Dec!!
 #389278  by M-Pressive

Last real mod got installed tonight!

Heading up to Myrtle Beach this weekend for the ballpark show! Will see everyone there next month.
 #389280  by sparky99

Keith, Please take some pics and update on Facebook/Instagram. I hate that I can't make it down for this. I would really like to support you at the stadium. Good luck brother.
M-Pressive liked this
 #389328  by First Lady

So weird not to be in OC this past weekend (my phone kept serving me pictures from my memories over the last handful of years!!) but we did have a great weekend in Myrtle Beach with Bob and Darlene for the car show Keith participated in at the ballpark. It was a cool setting for sure!!

We started to discuss the logistics for the November 6th weekend and wanted to share with the group, how it's shaping up:

Thursday, November 4th
Dinner for whoever is in town

Friday, November 5th
There's a few options on what to do: mini golf, go carts, etc.
BBQ at Day's house

Saturday, November 6th
Mopars on the Beach event (roll in logistics to come, we all have to arrive together to park together and I think roll in is 9-12)
Dinner at the Crooked Hammock Brewery in Barefoot Landing

Sunday, November 7th
Breakfast together someplace if it works with departure times
The sad drive home (but Robert and Nick will be joining us so I'm super excited about that!!!!)

More specifics to come but it's shaping up to be a great weekend!