• Mopars at the Beach - November 6th in Myrtle Beach, SC

• Discuss Club Meetings and Functions
ROM Banner

2022 Calendar Banner

Membership Banner

Discuss Club Meetings and Functions

Moderator: Moderators

#389428  by First Lady

LUNAT1C wrote: October 23rd, 2021, 10:47 pm New condenser should be in next week, but I probably won't have time to put it in (and won't until the system discharges). I'll bring my vacuum pump and gauge set and two cans of 134 on the trip just in case it runs out. Weird to be thinking of AC needs in November. :lol:
Unless you think you'll need it along the way, don't feel like you need to bring vacuum pump and gauges...I believe Bob has a set and we do too so we've got you covered in both locations!!

And yes, very odd to still be using the AC!! It's wonderful!
LUNAT1C liked this
 #389432  by First Lady

Adding in some details!

Thursday, November 4th
Dinner for whoever is in town and decide on Friday activity (Anthony's and Jarvis' will be in town. Robert any guess if you'll make dinner? Michael, when are you arriving?!)

Friday, November 5th
There's a few options on what to do: mini golf, go carts, etc., Anthony's going to Darlington to check it out!
BBQ at Day's house

Saturday, November 6th
Mopars on the Beach event (roll in logistics to come, we all have to arrive together to park together and I think roll in is 9-12)
Dinner at the Crooked Hammock Brewery in Barefoot Landing

Sunday, November 7th
Breakfast together someplace if it works with departure times
The sad drive home (but Robert and Nick will be joining us so I'm super excited about that!!!!)
The Anthony's will stay with Bob and Darlene and head back to NJ on Monday

Michael - what are your plans for arrival?!
 #389435  by LUNAT1C

Charleston WV to Myrtle Beach, with stops, is about 8 hours. Hoping to be in town before 5, so we can meet everyone for dinner Thursday.

Friday, Nick said he wants to see the beach and maybe downtown Myrtle Beach at some point It sounds like "Mopars at the Beach" might be near a beach at some point... maybe he can do beach stuff then if he doesn't track sand into my car. :lol:

Sounds like Sunday we won't all be scattering like we normally do, so breakfast should be doable. Then we'll be following a peculiar chameleon green car and twinsie blue car further south I hear? 8)
First Lady, Legenbas liked this
 #389436  by First Lady

Great! Stay in touch with progress on Thursday and we'll plan to eat when you arrive.

Yes, we can explore Myrtle Beach - there's lots to do!

We'll have a fun caravan back to Summerville on Sunday too! Can't wait!!
Legenbas liked this
 #389437  by First Lady

Adding in more details!

Thursday, November 4th
Dinner for whoever is in town and decide on Friday activity (Anthonys, ArmenKapps, and Jarvis' will be in town. Michael, when are you arriving?!)

Friday, November 5th
There's a few options on what to do: tour Myrtle Beach (group pic in the Landshark chair a must!), mini golf, go carts, etc., Anthonys going to Darlington to check it out!
BBQ at Day's house

Saturday, November 6th
Mopars on the Beach event (roll in logistics to come, we all have to arrive together to park together and I think roll in is 9-12)

Sunday, November 7th
The sad drive home (but Robert and Nick will be joining us so I'm super excited about that!!!!)

Michael - what are your plans for arrival and departure?!
 #389480  by TrepKing95

First Lady wrote: October 26th, 2021, 6:53 pm Adding in more details!

Thursday, November 4th
Dinner for whoever is in town and decide on Friday activity (Anthonys, ArmenKapps, and Jarvis' will be in town. Michael, when are you arriving?!)

Friday, November 5th
There's a few options on what to do: tour Myrtle Beach (group pic in the Landshark chair a must!), mini golf, go carts, etc., Anthonys going to Darlington to check it out!
BBQ at Day's house

Saturday, November 6th

Sunday, November 7th

Michael - what are your plans for arrival and departure?!
I just double checked travel times; looks like about 7.5-8hrs depending on traffic; I'll leave around 6:30 to be down to the hotel hopefully around 3:30-4:00, providing enough time for check-in before BBQ! I'll leave earlier if I can so I can have some tour time too if possible!
 #389481  by First Lady

Filling in some more!

Thursday, November 4th
Dinner for Days, Anthonys, ArmenKapps, and Jarvis' at Sea Captains House (https://www.seacaptains.com/) and decide on Friday activity

Friday, November 5th
Michael arriving to check into hotel and BBQ
BBQ at Day's house - bring your own beverages of choice (unlike PA, it's easy to stop at a liquor, grocery, Target, or Walmart) shenanigan's included!

Saturday, November 6th
Recommend stopping at Duck Donuts for breakfast on the way to meeting point!!
Mopars on the Beach event (roll in is 9-12)
Will meet at the BP gas station (2995 10TH AVENUE EXT N, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577) Time to be determined

Sunday, November 7th

The weather is looking good - low 60s and sunny!!

Stay tuned for a happenings thread!!
 #389482  by sparky99

I am so jealous! I hope you all have a blast. I SO wish I could make it. With Steph's employment situation, I cannot justify the trip. BUT!!! I'm hopeful that if this becomes the new Ocean City, I could make it next year? We will see.
TrepKing95, First Lady liked this
 #389492  by FIREM

Hoping the weather holds up for the weekend events. Looks like it is cooling off but hey at least there is no threat of snow.
Looking forward to hosting out first "Meet" at the "Days Inn South"

?? Anyone receive any credentials for the show?? (I have not yet other than the confirmation email))
 #389497  by TrepKing95

First Lady wrote: October 29th, 2021, 6:45 pm Filling in some more!

Thursday, November 4th
Dinner for Days, Anthonys, ArmenKapps, and Jarvis' at Sea Captains House (https://www.seacaptains.com/) and decide on Friday activity

Friday, November 5th
Michael arriving to check into hotel and BBQ
BBQ at Day's house - bring your own beverages of choice (unlike PA, it's easy to stop at a liquor, grocery, Target, or Walmart) shenanigan's included!

Saturday, November 6th
Will meet at the BP gas station (2995 10TH AVENUE EXT N, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577) Time to be determined

Sunday, November 7th

The weather is looking good - low 60s and sunny!!

Stay tuned for a happenings thread!!
So I read this last note as bring my spare key? :doh :rofl
First Lady, StealthM liked this
 #389499  by FIREM

Some Notes : as we checked things out this morning on our way home from church.
"Saturday, November 6th
Very near the Host hotel

Will meet at the BP gas station (2995 10TH AVENUE EXT N, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577) Time to be determined"
It is actually a "Circle K" gas station and an adjoining Wendy's directly across from the show.

Nearby Car Wash to the hotel. https://detrickscarwashinc.com/location ... pond-road/
While it is a "Slap and Swirl" I have had no issues using them. Very heavy on the soap and well rinsed. Free, powerful Vacuums will suck the carpet off the floor.

Of course foam gun and washing available at "The Day's Inn"
8204 Eastwind Ct Myrtle Beach SC 29579
I also am sending PM's to all as our home address is not on all GPS systems.
Let the count down begin!!!! :D
StealthM liked this
 #389514  by First Lady

Clarence and Stephanie will be starting their journey in just a handful of hours!! Have a safe drive south with the 26' enclosed trailer bring pulled by the Suburban!! Can't wait for you you arrive!

Keith and I will be awaiting their arrival to begin the shenanigans!
 #389519  by M-Pressive

Here is a pic of the Anthony's setup for the trip down.

ImageHosted on Fotki

There is an M in that trailer!
First Lady, Sneke_Eyez, LUNAT1C and 2 others liked this
 #389526  by LUNAT1C

M-Pressive wrote: October 31st, 2021, 8:35 pm Here is a pic of the Anthony's setup for the trip down.

ImageHosted on Fotki

There is an M in that trailer!
Leave it to Clarence to up his club meet dedication game! Nick floated the idea of taking the Durango to Carlisle next year, to which I floated the idea of borrowing our friends aluminum car hauler (which he uses attached to his Ram to pull his Hellcat Charger "Mittenz" to track days) for the trip... don't think that will happen. :shock:
 #389531  by DDTOP

Don't Worry, we'll get Nick to the beach on Friday! Easy to explore downtown especially with FREE parking that starts today through February for the off season!
Legenbas liked this
 #389532  by FIREM

The Anthony’s have set the bar for trailering a M. Either it will sold to Keith or he will just get a bigger one. Parking passes secured for the tractor trailer set up while here.
FIREM getting a long overdue”real” show prep and looking better than it has in a while. Neighbor thinks I’m rubbing the paint off LOL.
Can’t wait for the end of the week!!
 #389534  by First Lady

Patiently awaiting the Anthony’s arrival.
TrepKing95, DDTOP, monte4 and 1 others liked this
 #389535  by LUNAT1C

Tonight I'll just be trying to fix a few small things, and maybe respray a few engine bay caps to spruce it up a bit. Car hasn't been driven since I washed it a month ago, so I use the leaf blower to blow off dust that came in the open door, then do a waterless wash and wax. Our irrigation system is winterized as of last week, which takes out my front spigot since it gets operated by the same shutoff valve.

License plate light seems to be fixed and I have some new warm white LEDs in the EVIC to try out what that color ends up looking like. Still experimenting, trying to find an LED that can get something close to OEM. Just need to try and fix the rear door handle lights tonight.
Legenbas liked this
 #389536  by TrepKing95

FIREM wrote: October 31st, 2021, 9:32 am Some Notes : as we checked things out this morning on our way home from church.
"Saturday, November 6th
Very near the Host hotel

Will meet at the BP gas station (2995 10TH AVENUE EXT N, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577) Time to be determined"
It is actually a "Circle K" gas station and an adjoining Wendy's directly across from the show.

Nearby Car Wash to the hotel. https://detrickscarwashinc.com/location ... pond-road/
While it is a "Slap and Swirl" I have had no issues using them. Very heavy on the soap and well rinsed. Free, powerful Vacuums will suck the carpet off the floor.

Of course foam gun and washing available at "The Day's Inn"
8204 Eastwind Ct Myrtle Beach SC 29579
I also am sending PM's to all as our home address is not on all GPS systems.
Let the count down begin!!!! :D
Well there goes my plan to use the RB1 for all navigation! I was going to setup the Trip Itinerary tonight! Just got one wash in, need to pack the bags and hopefully throw the first coat of wax on the car since the repaint! I'm still miffed that the body shop that replaced my front bumper lost the snaps for my bumper bra!
 #389537  by FIREM

RB 1 will get you to the hotel but does not know our development, Clear Pond, exists.
Bring the bra, I have snaps and what’s a meet without some fixin
TrepKing95 liked this