Chrysler 300M Enthusiasts Club
  • Indianapolis, May 2007

• Discuss Club Meetings and Functions
Membership Banner

Discuss Club Meetings and Functions

Moderator: Moderators

#124732  by grayslater
 December 15th, 2006, 1:57 am
shadowvox6 wrote:I prolly won't be caravanning as I will be coming up I-74 and you guys will prolly go across I-70

Unless you make a detour in Cincinnati!!!
I'll be taking I-74 too. :)

#124742  by Shadowvox6
 December 15th, 2006, 8:14 am
grayslater wrote:
shadowvox6 wrote:I prolly won't be caravanning as I will be coming up I-74 and you guys will prolly go across I-70

Unless you make a detour in Cincinnati!!!
I'll be taking I-74 too. :)
You'll be coming east, I'll be coming west...
Tell ya what, I'll meet ya halfway...In Indy!!!

:gandalf

#124754  by kumiyer
 December 15th, 2006, 1:01 pm
tinman wrote:F-1 is much better, even without Michael driving.
Yes it is - I just love the sound when they all start their ignition and the engines running at some 14,000 rpm or something...

But yes anyway, I am waiting eagerly for this meet - specially the long caravan from east to the midwest...

#124758  by tinman
 December 15th, 2006, 1:16 pm
kumiyer wrote:
tinman wrote:F-1 is much better, even without Michael driving.
Yes it is - I just love the sound when they all start their ignition and the engines running at some 14,000 rpm or something...

But yes anyway, I am waiting eagerly for this meet - specially the long caravan from east to the midwest...
What is your route to Indy?

#124762  by kumiyer
 December 15th, 2006, 1:26 pm
ask don - I am just gonna follow him, lol. I trust Don more than my RB1 :bsmile

#124780  by bugoy99
 December 15th, 2006, 5:42 pm
Is their somebody from Florida planning to attend this event?

#124782  by Red Baron
 December 15th, 2006, 5:45 pm
tinman wrote:What is your route to Indy?
"Take a right at the light an'
keep goin' straight until night
and then boys your on your own."

$1 to the E Street Band!

Actually it is I-70 all the way.

#124882  by tinman
 December 17th, 2006, 11:04 am
bugoy99 wrote:Is their somebody from Florida planning to attend this event?
Strong possibility. Depends on the date. I'm more interested in the F1 race. I have friends in NE Indiana as well.

#125012  by beespecial
 December 18th, 2006, 11:44 pm
I've started checking out hotels for the meet. I looked at one the other day that at first look had some promise but after I checked with some law enforcement friends, I was advised to look elsewhere.
The hotels near the airport will be my next inquiry. They're about 6 miles or 10 minutes from the track. They come recommended much higher than the other place. I'll check the Adam's Mark first since it has the largest parking lot and could accomodate a show 'n shine the easiest.

I'll post the good info as I get it.

I am so stoked for this meet!

#125277  by Theman211
 December 21st, 2006, 9:56 am
Hello Guys,
I would Be interested in comming out for this and meeting everyone.
Im 20mins from Cincinnati and dayton.A Line of 300m's Would be a Beautiful Site.
Has anyone found a good hotel?
Whats Everyone's plans ive never been to the Race.What Lot is Everyone Parkin on?

#125281  by kumiyer
 December 21st, 2006, 10:51 am
theman211 - its always fun to be in a 300M Club meet. I am glad that you are joining. As far as the hotel goes - I am sure that we will come up with something nice and affordable...

#126256  by fm3kc
 January 4th, 2007, 10:48 pm
Finally caught up to this topic and agree with all that motoring out to Indy in May would be a great road trip. Reminds me of when I was younger and just pointing in a direction and going. Is there a date set yet and any additional logistics. I'm out of the Phila, PA area. Let me know.
 #126718  by BigMike60
 January 12th, 2007, 2:37 pm
Just so everyone won't think nothing is being done on this meet, I want to update with what's been happening.

First, John, Ken and I have been trying to get a good weekend when the club could get a good hotel block, good happenings at the track or in the area, and hopefully a lap on the track. The lap on the track had been the major sticking point as GM has a long term support arrangement with the track, so getting a DC product into the track [for a group run with Dieter in the lead in a Viper - lol ] during "key event" periods supported by the Corvette/Chevy group is not normally possible. However, I have recently learned that there are two possible days when we might get on the track in May. One is Community Day, the 23rd which is a Wednesday, and the other, if qualification days 1 & 2 [12 & 13 May] not rained out like last year, would be on the 19th [Saturday] which is the day they have Indiana Mayors Breakfast along with crowning of the Festival Queen, and then the Festival royal court gets a parade lap around the track. The breakfast event draws about 800 people and runs $60 per person, with tables of 10 @ $750 [yeah, I know, why more for less?], but the cost includes some extras, and if the weather is good and the track officials agree, could involve a lap for ticketed breakfast goers sometime around 0700-0800. It must be all done by 0800 when the breakfast starts behind the Pagoda area. In the last few years the 3rd qualification day [the 19th] has not normally seen much qualification action because there have been a limited number of entries, so it and Bump Day [the 20th] has usually ended up as practice days since everyone is already qualified. Anyway, I have asked John to line up a hotel block of 17-21 May and to see what he can do about getting a good, reasonable hotel, fairly close to the track. He has been scouting some over the last few weeks. I plan on talking again with the Indy folks about passes to the garage/pit area, a club parking area and maybe a show and shine [perhaps with the public voting on the best of show car, etc. as they pass into the facility] I will get some definitive stuff up along with an Agenda as soon as we can get a feel for the details. But mark your calendars for that week and we will see what happens. I already have a sign in mind if we can get a lap. "300M INDY RACER or 300M INDY RUNNER" have a nice ring to them. More as it becomes available to me.

#126729  by grayslater
 January 12th, 2007, 5:31 pm
Glad to hear an update, Mike. Thanks alot for all your work. That goes for everyone else helping out as well!

#126776  by fm3kc
 January 13th, 2007, 3:24 pm
Mike, all sounds fantastic!!! :notworthy Thanks for working on the logistics. I'll stay tuned.