Discuss Club Meetings and Functions

Moderator: Moderators

#126859  by Scott1094
 January 15th, 2007, 2:11 pm
Spoil sport.

Scott
 #126923  by BigMike60
 January 16th, 2007, 2:37 pm
Further update. More good news. I spoke to the representative for the 500 Festival Mayor's Breakfast, and she indicated that she would probably be able to accomodate us with seating together at the standard breakfast price since we were not a corporate entity/business. Thus, for $60 you can get a great breakfast, entry to the garage area for the day, participation/attendance at the coronation of the Queen, and perhaps an autograph session with Indy drivers from the 70's [who will be honored guests I guess], and perhaps a lap on the track. She said that they actually did get a lap on the track last year at the last minute even though it turned out to be the Pole/qualification day because of all the rain outs. It will be first come, first serve on that if it happens, and before the breakfast. I expect she will have an itinerary by 1 March that she will hopefully email it to me.

#126925  by FIREM
 January 16th, 2007, 2:47 pm
Looks like we are narrowing in on a date. Once we nail it down I will know if I can arrange to be there. Boy it's going to be a long way to go and keep it clean.......................
 #126937  by grayslater
 January 16th, 2007, 6:03 pm
BigMike60 wrote:... and perhaps a lap on the track
That sounds like a big question mark???

#126938  by Carfan77
 January 16th, 2007, 6:20 pm
Just remember to blow the road dust from behind your tail lights FIREM! :headbang

#127035  by beespecial
 January 17th, 2007, 6:39 pm
FIREM wrote:Looks like we are narrowing in on a date. Once we nail it down I will know if I can arrange to be there. Boy it's going to be a long way to go and keep it clean.......................
That's why we're arranging for "shine time" at the hotel.
 #127963  by BigMike60
 January 30th, 2007, 1:39 pm
I checked with our Treasurer and she tells me that so far I am "the man" so to speak as the first and only one signed up and paid [$60] to her for the Breakfast event. This is just a reminder that reservations can now be made and paid to her. It is as simple as pressing keys. If I can do it anyone can. lol
 #127984  by grayslater
 January 30th, 2007, 5:44 pm
BigMike60 wrote:I checked with our Treasurer and she tells me that so far I am "the man" so to speak as the first and only one signed up and paid [$60] to her for the Breakfast event. This is just a reminder that reservations can now be made and paid to her. It is as simple as pressing keys. If I can do it anyone can. lol
This is why I think there should have been 2 signup lists
One for the meet and another for the Breakfast event.

This had me confused from the get go and I wouldn't doubt if there are some others out there confused too.

This would also let our fellow members know who is going to be at the event and from those members, who will be at the breakfast. Right now there is no easy way to determine??
 #128000  by beespecial
 January 30th, 2007, 9:14 pm
BigMike60 wrote:I checked with our Treasurer and she tells me that so far I am "the man" so to speak as the first and only one signed up and paid [$60] to her for the Breakfast event. This is just a reminder that reservations can now be made and paid to her. It is as simple as pressing keys. If I can do it anyone can. lol
Well, I just sent my $60 for the Breakfast event. I could swear that I did it last week. I can't find acknowledgement from Paypal for the first one so apparently I didn't. Dang these senior moments!

#128002  by Carfan77
 January 30th, 2007, 9:20 pm
How about simply stating in the list if you will be at breakfast? I've edited the list for what I know...

#128008  by grayslater
 January 30th, 2007, 9:29 pm
Carfan77 wrote:How about simply stating in the list if you will be at breakfast? I've edited the list for what I know...
There's a solution! :guitar

#128009  by Carfan77
 January 30th, 2007, 9:31 pm
I do like to KISS when I can... :)

#128014  by FIREM
 January 30th, 2007, 10:40 pm
I have been away for a few days but now that the dates are set the time off request will be turned in tomorrow morning. I expect to confirm the trip within the next week. By then it will be time to start cleaning................
 #128036  by BigMike60
 January 31st, 2007, 7:55 am
I have asked Paulette to maintain the list in order of when the money comes in for who is going to the Breakfast. Her record of what came in, and when, will be forwarded to me around 1 March and then I will then post it on the Club site, and as later people get added I can update.

This process will ensure that those talking the talk for the Breakfast are walking the walk. Around 1 April I will be coordinating a payment by Paulette to the 500 Festival people so that we can have one payment to them on behalf of the Club and get credentials, seating / and hopefully parking together. After 1 April we will try to work any additions as they come in to Paulette, or simply refer them to the 500 Festival phone number to make their own arrangements if that works better.

For right now please get with her on the Breakfast, but also sign up for attendance at the meet on the Club site. I am keeping track of that list so non-breakfast attendees will have a chance for the other sign. Currently, Timbo is the last sign up for the meet that I see on that thread. And Paulette reports that 3 have already paid her for the Breakfast event.
 #128148  by BigMike60
 February 1st, 2007, 3:35 pm
A 2007 Chevrolet Corvette convertible will pace the 91st running of the Indianapolis 500 on May 27, 2007. As it was selected as the Official Pace Car, Chevrolet will supply several identically prepared and uniquely trimmed Corvette convertibles - in new Atomic Orange paint with distinctive gold ribbon graphics - that will serve in the official pace duties of the race, as well as supporting activities.

Five hundred production replicas of those official cars will be offered to the public - all of them convertibles. They'll be available beginning this spring.

The distinguishing features of the pace car replica convertibles include:
· Atomic Orange exterior color, including door handles
· Indianapolis 500 exterior graphics - including gold ribbon graphics that flow outward from the front fender vents and "Indianapolis 500" door logos
· Special Indianapolis 500 fender badges
· Z06 rear spoiler
· New aluminum "split-spoke" wheels in Sterling Silver
· Ebony seats with embroidered Indianapolis 500 logos
· Interior trim plate and pods painted Atomic Orange
· Atomic Orange engine covers