• Discuss Club Meetings and Functions
Ocean City 2019 Banner

Membership Banner

Discuss Club Meetings and Functions

Moderator: Moderators

#150731  by Shadowvox6
 December 5th, 2007, 12:48 pm
Just for the record...
I discussed this with Tim Monday night, and we came to the conclusion that you have to be a verified member of either DI.NET or our club to participate in the food at Carlisle this year.

That is all I am going to say about this.

#150732  by IS300M
 December 5th, 2007, 1:27 pm
shadowvox6 wrote:Just for the record...
I discussed this with Tim Monday night, and we came to the conclusion that you have to be a verified member of either DI.NET or our club to participate in the food at Carlisle this year.

I know I am a verified 300MClub member, and a member of DI.net and LHForums, but I have not chosen to post on DI any more. Gabguy personally attacked my character, and put words in my mouth. I do not approve of his actions so I have made a choice not to post at DI anymore, I read but thats all.

It is just sad to see that the 300Mclub has chosen to take a position that it will not coexist with everyone.

#150733  by Shadowvox6
 December 5th, 2007, 1:45 pm
IS300M wrote:
shadowvox6 wrote:Just for the record...

I know I am a verified 300MClub member, and a member of DI.net and LHForums, but I have not chosen to post on DI any more. Gabguy personally attacked my character, and put words in my mouth. I do not approve of his actions so I have made a choice not to post at DI anymore, I read but thats all.

It is just sad to see that the 300Mclub has chosen to take a position that it will not coexist with everyone.
Scott, I have been the first one to say that Gabguy made mistakes. He is admitting now as well. But you guys did not want to follow the rules that he (being the new owner) put in place. Then you guys went off and attacking the man, and the site. Poaching the membership of DI.NET, and just generally causing trouble. He chose to ban you guys after being warned repeatedly.

Then you guys go off and create LHF and attack Gabguy whenever you get the chance. I'm sorry, that is unacceptable. The actions of Gabguy may have started this, but the actions of LHF have perpetuated this, and now have polarized the community.

Scott, as a member here, you have no problems with hanging with us, and participating with us. As well as other members that belong to DI.NET or here...but at this time....after talking to Tim, this is the stance we are taking.

#150735  by neuroticdave
 December 5th, 2007, 1:58 pm
By verified, do you mean an active member or a subscribed individual?

As to the whole drama that Ive read about both on DI.net and this site, I dont quite comprehend it but it seems a little silly. Just my 2 cents though, I just read and keep walking when I come across the topic though.

#150736  by IS300M
 December 5th, 2007, 2:17 pm
shadowvox6 wrote: Scott, I have been the first one to say that Gabguy made mistakes. He is admitting now as well. But you guys did not want to follow the rules that he (being the new owner) put in place. Then you guys went off and attacking the man, and the site. Poaching the membership of DI.NET, and just generally causing trouble. He chose to ban you guys after being warned repeatedly.

Then you guys go off and create LHF and attack Gabguy whenever you get the chance. I'm sorry, that is unacceptable. The actions of Gabguy may have started this, but the actions of LHF have perpetuated this, and now have polarized the community.

Scott, as a member here, you have no problems with hanging with us, and participating with us. As well as other members that belong to DI.NET or here...but at this time....after talking to Tim, this is the stance we are taking.
He has admitted he made mistakes, to who. I didn't get a personal apology, I also haven't seen anything where he said "I'm sorry I made mistakes". I will not drink the punch he is selling, I will merely stay around to watch.

I have not attacked the new owner in any form on any site, I tried to show people at DInet what he was doing was all for $$$ thats all, so don't lump me in with the attackers and those that have done stuff to purposely be banned.

What you are coercing the 300M club into doing is almost as bad as what the people that provoke gabguy to purposely get banned do. A unnecessary wedge is being driven.

Poaching members has not happened, no one has forced anyone to leave DI.net, the people that have moved to LHF have made a conscious choice to move to a different home because they are not satisfied with the "upgrades" that have been made, the only person who may have forced them to leave DI was gabguy himself.

#150740  by Shadowvox6
 December 5th, 2007, 3:45 pm

He has admitted he made mistakes, to who. I didn't get a personal apology, I also haven't seen anything where he said "I'm sorry I made mistakes". I will not drink the punch he is selling, I will merely stay around to watch.

I have not attacked the new owner in any form on any site, I tried to show people at DInet what he was doing was all for $$$ thats all, so don't lump me in with the attackers and those that have done stuff to purposely be banned.

What you are coercing the 300M club into doing is almost as bad as what the people that provoke gabguy to purposely get banned do. A unnecessary wedge is being driven.

Poaching members has not happened, no one has forced anyone to leave DI.net, the people that have moved to LHF have made a conscious choice to move to a different home because they are not satisfied with the "upgrades" that have been made, the only person who may have forced them to leave DI was gabguy himself.
Scott, let's get a few things straight here....I have communicated with Gabguy pretty extensively. While I don't think this is the place to discuss this, I will bring up a few points.

As I have said from the beginning, mistakes were made on both sides. I have PM's that if I were permitted to share would show you that he has in fact admitted that things could have been handled differently. I have not heard a single user over on LHF say the same thing.

Second, to say that he (Gabguy) is in it only for the money is not an accurate statement. He has told me on more than one occasion that he is not going to flip the site, that he is in it for the long haul. So far, he has done nothing but improve the speed of the site, and instuited rules that IMO, should have been in place from the beginning. Randy gave up on the site, and in fact, he was the one in it for the money as far as I'm concerned. If it wasn't for the money, then he would have taken a lesser offer from one of the other members that tried to buy it (like Steve) DI.NET isn't a charity, it has to make money to survive. You can opt out of the ads, and instructions are provided to do so. So, from my perspective, he has improved the infrastructure, which is the largest expense of a website.

Third, to claim that "poaching" wasn't going on...I can flat out tell you that is a lie. I have access to the proof over on DI.NET that would show that has indeed taken place. Yes, there are those that have found the site on their own. But some have not. I apologize if I seemed like I was lumping you in with the others...but at least you see that the others were doing some shady things. Again, I am sorry.

About the coercing, I take offense to this remark. I am hoping that Tim will chime in here, but I spoke to him about this, and this is what we decided to do. If Tim rethinks this, than I will be happy to support whatever he thinks is best. I did not, nor can not force someone to make a decision they do not want to make.

In closing, you think Gabguy made people leave. Perhaps he did...by his own admission, he made some mistakes. But there is more than enough blame to go around here....he (at least to me) has manned up to his mistakes, has anyone on LHF??

#150742  by Gaze
 December 5th, 2007, 4:29 pm
shadowvox6 wrote:

Scott, let's get a few things straight here....I have communicated with Gabguy pretty extensively. While I don't think this is the place to discuss this, I will bring up a few points.

As I have said from the beginning, mistakes were made on both sides. I have PM's that if I were permitted to share would show you that he has in fact admitted that things could have been handled differently. I have not heard a single user over on LHF say the same thing.

Second, to say that he (Gabguy) is in it only for the money is not an accurate statement. He has told me on more than one occasion that he is not going to flip the site, that he is in it for the long haul. So far, he has done nothing but improve the speed of the site, and instuited rules that IMO, should have been in place from the beginning. Randy gave up on the site, and in fact, he was the one in it for the money as far as I'm concerned. If it wasn't for the money, then he would have taken a lesser offer from one of the other members that tried to buy it (like Steve) DI.NET isn't a charity, it has to make money to survive. You can opt out of the ads, and instructions are provided to do so. So, from my perspective, he has improved the infrastructure, which is the largest expense of a website.

Third, to claim that "poaching" wasn't going on...I can flat out tell you that is a lie. I have access to the proof over on DI.NET that would show that has indeed taken place. Yes, there are those that have found the site on their own. But some have not. I apologize if I seemed like I was lumping you in with the others...but at least you see that the others were doing some shady things. Again, I am sorry.

About the coercing, I take offense to this remark. I am hoping that Tim will chime in here, but I spoke to him about this, and this is what we decided to do. If Tim rethinks this, than I will be happy to support whatever he thinks is best. I did not, nor can not force someone to make a decision they do not want to make.

In closing, you think Gabguy made people leave. Perhaps he did...by his own admission, he made some mistakes. But there is more than enough blame to go around here....he (at least to me) has manned up to his mistakes, has anyone on LHF??
I respect you, Tim, and the rest of the 300M club's decision on the food at Carlisle manner.

One point (and if you would rather speak about this through email or PM, by all means delete this post and we can do so)...

Your statements about the members of LHForums.net are a very broad generalization. I was personally driven from DodgeIntrepid.net because when asked for my opinion in regard to the future direction of the site, I strongly disagreed with gabguy's actions. I do not think ads, ebay or otherwise were a wise choice. That place has become more of a billboard than an online car community. His plan may not be to flip the site immediately, but don't fool yourself into thinking the increased advertising, paid memberships, and general traffic do not line his pockets with money. He has yet to provide any plausible reason for buying the site aside from financial gain. My objections as a member of his staff to this and other policies got me de-modded and ultimately banned.

The idea of LHForums.net or something similar was in the works prior to gabguy's purchase of the site. As far back as Carlisle of 2006 there was discussion in regards to what was happening to the site. A number of us who I refuse to name were involved in a completely separate from , non-public project where we discussed the miss-direction of DodgeIntrepid.net. Eventually this project took off with gabguy's purchase of the site. LHForums.net was not created as a mission of sabotage, but rather as an evolved alternative to the mess that was going on at DodgeIntrepid.net both before and after gabguy's arrival.

Back to my original point, LHForums.net is not unlike any other online forum. There are a handful of angry conspiracy theorists who are interested in stirring up trouble, calling names, and causing problems. These members feel betrayed and are acting out of anger and frustration. Our staff at LHForums.net has been dealing with them, however we respect their frustration. As much as possible, personal threats and attacks have been deleted or the subject changed. These members, however, are the minority. There are far more of us who want nothing more than to have an alternative place to go about our business as usual.

Come Carlisle I will be representing LHForums.net and I feel as though we will have a very strong and inspired turnout. That does not, however, change my feelings about the members of the 300m Club or DodgeIntrepid.net. I refuse to believe it is necessary that we be segregated based on club affiliation. I am the same person I was 3 months ago (though slightly more responsible, now that I'm in the real world) as I'm sure you, Bruce, Tim, Kelly, Seb, Robert, etc all are the same people. I don't enjoy going to Carlisle because of the club affiliation, but rather because of the people that make up those clubs. We are friends and you "friends" mean no less to me now than you did 3 months ago despite the disagreements we've had on forum policies.

I apologize on behalf of the members of LHForums.net that have made any personal attacks and or rude comments regarding the 300M Club, DodgeIntrepid.net or either of their population of members. All 3 of the sites have a very strong, passionate, and at times opinionated member base and I don't think a little spat over rules should interfere with the common bond we all share.

I wish you guys luck in the planning of Carlisle and as always, if there is anything Jen or I can do to help out please let me know. I look forward to seeing all of you in approximately 219 days!

#150743  by Shadowvox6
 December 5th, 2007, 4:48 pm
Gaze wrote:
I respect you, Tim, and the rest of the 300M club's decision on the food at Carlisle manner.

One point (and if you would rather speak about this through email or PM, by all means delete this post and we can do so)...

Your statements about the members of LHForums.net are a very broad generalization. I was personally driven from DodgeIntrepid.net because when asked for my opinion in regard to the future direction of the site, I strongly disagreed with gabguy's actions. I do not think ads, ebay or otherwise were a wise choice. That place has become more of a billboard than an online car community. His plan may not be to flip the site immediately, but don't fool yourself into thinking the increased advertising, paid memberships, and general traffic do not line his pockets with money. He has yet to provide any plausible reason for buying the site aside from financial gain. My objections as a member of his staff to this and other policies got me de-modded and ultimately banned.

The idea of LHForums.net or something similar was in the works prior to gabguy's purchase of the site. As far back as Carlisle of 2006 there was discussion in regards to what was happening to the site. A number of us who I refuse to name were involved in a completely separate from , non-public project where we discussed the miss-direction of DodgeIntrepid.net. Eventually this project took off with gabguy's purchase of the site. LHForums.net was not created as a mission of sabotage, but rather as an evolved alternative to the mess that was going on at DodgeIntrepid.net both before and after gabguy's arrival.

Back to my original point, LHForums.net is not unlike any other online forum. There are a handful of angry conspiracy theorists who are interested in stirring up trouble, calling names, and causing problems. These members feel betrayed and are acting out of anger and frustration. Our staff at LHForums.net has been dealing with them, however we respect their frustration. As much as possible, personal threats and attacks have been deleted or the subject changed. These members, however, are the minority. There are far more of us who want nothing more than to have an alternative place to go about our business as usual.

Come Carlisle I will be representing LHForums.net and I feel as though we will have a very strong and inspired turnout. That does not, however, change my feelings about the members of the 300m Club or DodgeIntrepid.net. I refuse to believe it is necessary that we be segregated based on club affiliation. I am the same person I was 3 months ago (though slightly more responsible, now that I'm in the real world) as I'm sure you, Bruce, Tim, Kelly, Seb, Robert, etc all are the same people. I don't enjoy going to Carlisle because of the club affiliation, but rather because of the people that make up those clubs. We are friends and you "friends" mean no less to me now than you did 3 months ago despite the disagreements we've had on forum policies.

I apologize on behalf of the members of LHForums.net that have made any personal attacks and or rude comments regarding the 300M Club, DodgeIntrepid.net or either of their population of members. All 3 of the sites have a very strong, passionate, and at times opinionated member base and I don't think a little spat over rules should interfere with the common bond we all share.

I wish you guys luck in the planning of Carlisle and as always, if there is anything Jen or I can do to help out please let me know. I look forward to seeing all of you in approximately 219 days!

Other than calling me Tim, and not Tom....I feel good after seeing this.
Lately, I have been called worse.
Like I said, if a change of heart takes place, I will be the first to embrace it. I would like to think we can all get along....hopefully we can.

#150745  by Gaze
 December 5th, 2007, 6:18 pm
I was referring to YOU (Tom) AND Tim... sorry

#150759  by IS300M
 December 5th, 2007, 10:35 pm
shadowvox6 wrote:As I have said from the beginning, mistakes were made on both sides. I have PM's that if I were permitted to share would show you that he has in fact admitted that things could have been handled differently. I have not heard a single user over on LHF say the same thing.
Maybe a public apology or admission of blame would help this, cause I was unaware that he made any concessions, and I read DI.net. So if I don't see it how do you expect everyone at LHF to see it?
shadowvox6 wrote:Third, to claim that "poaching" wasn't going on...I can flat out tell you that is a lie. I have access to the proof over on DI.NET that would show that has indeed taken place. Yes, there are those that have found the site on their own. But some have not.
Unfortunately just linking members to another forum is not poaching, if you were retrofitting HID projectors into your 300M fog lights, is it poaching when I tell you via PM to visit http://hidplanet.com/forums/index.php to get some more knowledge? cause I am pretty sure if I did now under his current rules, I would be considered a poacher at DI.net. Nobody has forced any member of di.net to leave cold turkey other then Gabguy.
shadowvox6 wrote:About the coercing, I take offense to this remark. I am hoping that Tim will chime in here, but I spoke to him about this, and this is what we decided to do. If Tim rethinks this, than I will be happy to support whatever he thinks is best. I did not, nor can not force someone to make a decision they do not want to make.
It seems as if you have drunk Gabguy's Kool-Aid, and instead of keeping an open mind and being tolerant of other groups you have chosen your viewpoint. Then you informed the other members of the board with a bias towards your viewpoint. I mean what is next, are you gonna put a sign on a porter potty at Carlisle that says "no LHForums members allowed" and make us drink from special water bubblers??
shadowvox6 wrote: In closing, you think Gabguy made people leave. Perhaps he did...by his own admission, he made some mistakes. But there is more than enough blame to go around here....he (at least to me) has manned up to his mistakes, has anyone on LHF??
I haven't done anything I should have to apologize for. I cant help what select other members do but he has never said anything about how he made mistakes to me about it.

BTW Pat(gaze) Typealized what I wanted to post

#150760  by ezgoing2406
 December 5th, 2007, 10:54 pm
Tom what do you guys do for the hotels. Is there one that you guys use all the time because I would to call and book a room up. And once I get down there where do I check in at. This is all new to me. Thanks for the help.

#150764  by Timbo
 December 6th, 2007, 12:12 am
ezgoing2406 wrote:Tom what do you guys do for the hotels. Is there one that you guys use all the time because I would to call and book a room up. And once I get down there where do I check in at. This is all new to me. Thanks for the help.
I will be getting that stuff posted in January

#150765  by Timbo
 December 6th, 2007, 12:32 am
Gaze wrote:
shadowvox6 wrote:

Pat
Thanks for posting your take on this soap opera. I am very happy to hear that you are dealing with the problem members that you have. I want to avoid any problems at Carlisle which is what lead up to our initial decision to exclude LHF but after reading your response I am rethinking this all together. In the end my goal is to have a fun weekend with good friends and no fights. Please shot me a PM with your number and I will give you a call over the weekend.

What a sight it would be. 3 Clubs with 20 or more members each. :shock:

Ok, Lets get back on topic please.

#150767  by LOUD98ES
 December 6th, 2007, 1:01 am
Tim, I just wanna toss in what a great job was done this year, I hope we can repeat it this coming year.

#150784  by Shadowvox6
 December 6th, 2007, 12:13 pm
IS300M wrote:
shadowvox6 wrote:As I have said from the beginning, mistakes were made on both sides. I have PM's that if I were permitted to share would show you that he has in fact admitted that things could have been handled differently. I have not heard a single user over on LHF say the same thing.
Maybe a public apology or admission of blame would help this, cause I was unaware that he made any concessions, and I read DI.net. So if I don't see it how do you expect everyone at LHF to see it?
shadowvox6 wrote:Third, to claim that "poaching" wasn't going on...I can flat out tell you that is a lie. I have access to the proof over on DI.NET that would show that has indeed taken place. Yes, there are those that have found the site on their own. But some have not.
Unfortunately just linking members to another forum is not poaching, if you were retrofitting HID projectors into your 300M fog lights, is it poaching when I tell you via PM to visit http://hidplanet.com/forums/index.php to get some more knowledge? cause I am pretty sure if I did now under his current rules, I would be considered a poacher at DI.net. Nobody has forced any member of di.net to leave cold turkey other then Gabguy.
shadowvox6 wrote:About the coercing, I take offense to this remark. I am hoping that Tim will chime in here, but I spoke to him about this, and this is what we decided to do. If Tim rethinks this, than I will be happy to support whatever he thinks is best. I did not, nor can not force someone to make a decision they do not want to make.
It seems as if you have drunk Gabguy's Kool-Aid, and instead of keeping an open mind and being tolerant of other groups you have chosen your viewpoint. Then you informed the other members of the board with a bias towards your viewpoint. I mean what is next, are you gonna put a sign on a porter potty at Carlisle that says "no LHForums members allowed" and make us drink from special water bubblers??
shadowvox6 wrote: In closing, you think Gabguy made people leave. Perhaps he did...by his own admission, he made some mistakes. But there is more than enough blame to go around here....he (at least to me) has manned up to his mistakes, has anyone on LHF??
I haven't done anything I should have to apologize for. I cant help what select other members do but he has never said anything about how he made mistakes to me about it.

BTW Pat(gaze) Typealized what I wanted to post
Scott,
For the record this morning....I have posted on DI.NET with the recommendation that Gabguy come forward, and discuss what has goen wrong, and right about the transition. I am hopeful that we can heal the community and be one. I am prolly as much to blame for all this crap as anyone else, and if I insulted our club in the process, I am truly sorry. I share Tim's vision for Carlisle...one big tent, one big party.

I am not mad at you for anything you said, I hope you are not mad at me either....I like your hairy back!! :oops:

Seriously, let's work on putting this community back together, and enjoy the common ground we all share, for that is what it is all about.

BTW, I have officially registered for Carlisle 2008.
Remember, please register as Chrysler 300M Enthusiasts Club