• Indianapolis - May 16-18 2008 Q&A

• Discuss Club Meetings and Functions
Ocean City 2019 Banner

Membership Banner

Discuss Club Meetings and Functions

Moderator: Moderators

#150154  by geezer300M
 November 26th, 2007, 11:20 am
Shirley & I will definitely be there again. The lap on the track was a once in a lifetime experience. The whole meet was well run and the facilities were great. A big thanks to John & Mike.
Looking forward to another SUPER Meet in Indy '08

#150664  by neuroticdave
 December 4th, 2007, 9:56 am
Hmm, considering I live in the NYC area, Indy is a far way off. But depending on what the condition of my car is by then, I will try my best to be there. It will be a drive and a half, but it will be worth it.

#150943  by JimJ1485
 December 8th, 2007, 11:43 am
Now this sounds like a Road Trip. I'll be there if I can get the leave.

Jim

#151898  by Carfan77
 December 25th, 2007, 7:30 pm
This meet was fantastic, and I want to come again in 2008, this time with my better half accompanying me!

I strongly encourage everyone out there to come out for this. Forget the Princesses (Cherie insists that I do...:) ) the scream of an IndyCar at 230 MPH, with the smell of burning ethanol is worth the trip, with the added bonus of hanging out with great friends.

#151902  by swalker
 December 25th, 2007, 8:51 pm
She is a lot prettier than you! :D

#151923  by Carfan77
 December 26th, 2007, 12:17 am
I tend to agree. Better body too!
 #152181  by 300member77
 December 31st, 2007, 8:44 pm
Being a new member I would be really interested to go and meet some of the other members. I have family in Windsor, ON which makes the track approx a 5hr drive. Unfortunetely late winter some moron decided to swipe my M while I was getting some groceries. I've huffed and I've buffed but haven't gotten her back to her original self(hence the picture from the passenger side! lol). If I can afford to get it fixed by then, most definetely. Being out on the track would be an awesome experience, not to mention some great pics to show off to friends and family.

#152182  by velobard
 December 31st, 2007, 8:48 pm
Hope you can make it. Our president's car was down for repairs at last year's meet and came even without his M. Love to see you there, it's a blast!

#152196  by swalker
 January 1st, 2008, 12:15 pm
Carfan77 wrote:I tend to agree. Better body too!
More Classic lines and a better shape for sure! :lol:

#152197  by beespecial
 January 1st, 2008, 12:26 pm
Don't know if anyone else has heard this but this year there will be 2 pace cars.

http://www.indy500.com/news/story.php?story_id=10346

#152198  by beespecial
 January 1st, 2008, 12:43 pm
This is a virtual look at the Motocycle Course construction for the Moto GP which debuts at IMS this year to replace the F1 race. The pic was taken exactly where we were sitting part of the time at last year's meet. If you pan all the way to each side you can see where we were sitting. Some of us were lucky enough to be allowed even higher than this up on the spotters platform directly above these seats.

http://www.redbullindianapolisgp.com/co ... ion/flash/

#152451  by velobard
 January 5th, 2008, 12:18 pm
beespecial wrote:This is a virtual look at the Motocycle Course construction for the Moto GP which debuts at IMS this year to replace the F1 race. The pic was taken exactly where we were sitting part of the time at last year's meet. If you pan all the way to each side you can see where we were sitting. Some of us were lucky enough to be allowed even higher than this up on the spotters platform directly above these seats.

http://www.redbullindianapolisgp.com/co ... ion/flash/
Here's another little tidbit I found about the recent construction at Indy.

Paving of the two new turn complexes of the Indianapolis Motor Speedway road course is complete, and construction of the entire circuit remains on schedule for the inaugural Red Bull Indianapolis GP on Sept. 12-14, 2008
 #153313  by BigMike60
 January 15th, 2008, 1:52 pm
I have been out of the net [work] with medical [knee issue- old clipping injury] and Jury Duty problems over the last couple of weeks. Sorry not to have participated here in a while. I had seen the 2 Vettes that will work as pace cars this year. The black one will eventually show up on the road if one is lucky enough and rich enough to get one. Anyway, once John is over the loss by the Colts and the Pats finish their run to perfection, we will talk about getting this meet set up for Bump/Mayor Breakfast weekend. Hopefully we can really pull of a good one this year. And yes, she does have nice lines. Will our old Prez ever post all the pics he took last year? 8)

#153320  by beespecial
 January 15th, 2008, 2:43 pm
Good to have you back Mike. Even with that smart alec Pats comment. :D

I'm in the process of scouting hotels on the northern rim of I-465 around the city. Haven't gotten any prices yet, just visually checking out the facilities. I have a couple that look promising as far as location goes, I just need to find out availability of rooms, a family friendly lounge, room prices and a big enough parking lot for us to shine 'em up.

The north side offers much more in the way of dining and shopping if that's a desire. There is also the Fast Times karting track up that way as well.

#153330  by swalker
 January 15th, 2008, 6:07 pm
Sure wish they would build a Fuddruckers before May LOL