swalker wrote:Sure wish they would build a Fuddruckers before May LOL
They have the best burgers....
Damnit Stan, I am hungry now...

#153333  by swalker
 January 15th, 2008, 6:25 pm
I haven't had one since August!!!!!!

#154152  by beespecial
 January 25th, 2008, 2:07 pm
Here's a hotel possibility that I checked into. It's the Holiday Inn North At the Pyramids. It's on the north side of the city and there's an office park nearby with 3 office towers that resemble pyramids, thus the name.

Anyway I have a quote for $89 per night which is comparable to the Adam's Mark last year. This place is better located to food and other diversions, such as shopping and the go-kart track if you're not at the track. The hotel is also attached to a waterpark that is available at an extra cost. I scanned the info page I picked up there. Hopefully you can see it well enough in the pic. They told me they have a lot of experience with car clubs and are well set up for our shine-n-show needs. Also plenty of parking lot space. The Sports Bar is kid-friendly too.

There's also a lot more to choose from in the way of restaurants in this area as well.

Let me know what you think.

http://www.holidayinn.com/ind-atpyramids

#154156  by Shadowvox6
 January 25th, 2008, 3:31 pm
John,
I really like that hotel.
Especially the water park.
That will give kids something to do if they aren't going to the track
Shame we can't do a better rate, but the amenities make it worth it.
For Stan's sake, and my own, is there a Fuddruckers nearby???

:lol:

#154158  by beespecial
 January 25th, 2008, 3:39 pm
Define "nearby". Any one of the surrounding states is the best I can do. I don't think Fuddruckers likes Indiana. :cry:

Keep in mind the waterpark will cost extra over the cost of the room. What kind of a rate do you usually get at Carlisle? I'll check around some more and see what's available.

#154161  by Shadowvox6
 January 25th, 2008, 4:00 pm
beespecial wrote:Define "nearby". Any one of the surrounding states is the best I can do. I don't think Fuddruckers likes Indiana. :cry:

Keep in mind the waterpark will cost extra over the cost of the room. What kind of a rate do you usually get at Carlisle? I'll check around some more and see what's available.
$75 a night is what we are looking at for Carlisle.
But I am not worried about it.
As long as everyone else is ok with it, so am I

#154162  by swalker
 January 25th, 2008, 4:41 pm
Looks good to me!

#154167  by geezer300M
 January 25th, 2008, 4:55 pm
Looks good to me too. Sounds like a winner.
Tom & Stan: Maybe there is a SONIC in the area. lol

#154168  by Shadowvox6
 January 25th, 2008, 5:01 pm
geezer300M wrote:Looks good to me too. Sounds like a winner.
Tom & Stan: Maybe there is a SONIC in the area. lol

mmmm, Sonic!!

I'd be down for a cruise to the drive-in!!

#154203  by Carfan77
 January 26th, 2008, 1:03 am
Seems like a very good rate to me for a nice place!

#154215  by FIREM
 January 26th, 2008, 8:20 am
Hotel looks good to me let's go for it !
Stan &Tom there are 3 Fuddruckers near me within 10 miles . I will visit each one in the next few weeks, one for each of us LOL

#154216  by Shadowvox6
 January 26th, 2008, 8:21 am
FIREM wrote:Hotel looks good to me let's go for it !
Stan &Tom there are 3 Fuddruckers near me within 10 miles . I will visit each one in the next few weeks, one for each of us LOL
Bob, send me a burger dammit!!

:wink:

#154227  by Timbo
 January 26th, 2008, 11:53 am
Gotta remember one thing. Yes we do have a $75 rate for Carlisle but you will not find that kind of rate in the month of may in Indianapolis. Anything below $100 is a good deal.

With all this talk of burger I think I may need to run over to the Fudruckers that just opened up.

#154229  by Shadowvox6
 January 26th, 2008, 12:26 pm
Timbo wrote:With all this talk of burger I think I may need to run over to the Fudruckers that just opened up.
You had to just rub it in didn't you??

:D

#154233  by rogor2k
 January 26th, 2008, 3:18 pm
You all made me hungry with all your talk about burgers. I looked to see if there was a Fuddruckers anywhere near me, and the answer is a BIG HELL NO!! They're all around me - in Arizona, Utah, and California, but NONE IN NEVADA! What's up with that??? :roll: :roll: What are we - chopped liver??

They rave about In-n-Out burgers here. I tried them - not bad, but no big deal. I like a nice greasy half-pound Texas style burger, dripping with grease and piled high with cheese, red onions and tomatoes. Hold the lettuce for me and give me extra onion.

Same way with Cracker Barrel - best Chicken and Dumplings on the planet. None of those in Nevada either. Arizona, Utah, Hell yes, but none in Nevada.

I may have to move back east so I can get some decent fast food. Dayum I'm hungry! (thats the Texas pronounciation of "damn.") Two syllables: Da-yum! :lol: :lol: