Chrysler 300M Enthusiasts Club
  • Indy 2009

• Discuss Club Meetings and Functions
Membership Banner

Discuss Club Meetings and Functions

Moderator: Moderators

#184671  by BigMike60
 March 1st, 2009, 11:35 am
To probably noone's surprise, except those who thought GM would bailout on support of the 500 and the speedway in general, IMS named the 2010 Camaro as the official pace car for this year's race. I will try to post a pic of the tricked-out Camaro [I don't care for the graphics, but...] from work as my home computer thinks I am on a different pop server, whatever the hell that means. Anyway, if this Camaro ever makes it to market, it will probably be too late to save GM's bacon in the short term. 8)
 #184823  by BigMike60
 March 2nd, 2009, 3:48 pm
I have been in touch with the head man at the Trackside Photo shop at Indy and he is willing to shoot our cars on the track again at this meet. As you will recall, everybody got at least one good shot of their car that did the lap last year, and the prices were relatively cheap. I am still hopeful I can talk them into letting us kiss the bricks at the close of the track lap hour. But that is up to the track people not the photogs. Will be trying to work that. So...if you want to get your car shot crossing the Yard of Bricks get signed up for this meet. 8)

#184827  by beespecial
 March 2nd, 2009, 4:20 pm
For those of you who haven't seen it yet, here is this year's pace car.

#184832  by SPAD3
 March 2nd, 2009, 4:46 pm
I could beat it.... :twisted:

#184846  by 300maximilien
 March 2nd, 2009, 6:38 pm
they shoulda used this one...I just saw this at the Cleveland Auto Show tonite

#184865  by FIREM
 March 2nd, 2009, 7:58 pm
Woo Whoo Indy photos again, Thanks BigMike!!! We really have to get a brick kiss shot this year, evenif it's outside the track near the Pagoda (?)
Camaro leading the way...not so much...bufugly comes to mind.....

#185337  by beespecial
 March 6th, 2009, 2:39 pm
Just a few short weeks away...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orN97ds0UjY
 #185341  by BigMike60
 March 6th, 2009, 3:07 pm
In the event that you cannot make the Club meet on the May 15-17 weekend, I want to keep you informed of another Indy event on Wednesday, May 20, 2009. Here is information on Community Day:

American Family Insurance 500 Festival Community Day

DATE: Wednesday, May 20, 2009
TIME: 9 a.m. - 6 p.m.
TICKETS: $7/person; Kids 6 and under free; available at Gate #2 or Gate #10

LAP THE TRACK: Enter gate #10 off 30th Street to drive your car around the track.

Ever wonder how cool it would be to take a lap around the legendary Indianapolis Motor Speedway? Then rev up your engines for the American Family Insurance 500 Festival Community Day and you can do just that! Experience this unique opportunity of taking a lap around the track in your own car before the real race cars hit the track just four days later-at speeds of more than 200 mph!

Experience the one and only day race fans get an up-close insider's view of the legendary raceway. A whole host of activities await you!

Lap the raceway in your own car!
Tour the IRL car transport trailers.
Visit Pit Lane and check out the vintage cars on display.
Get autographs from Pro Series drivers and past champions.
Take a Victory Circle photo-just like you're the winner in a car with a trophy, a wreath and a glass of milk!
Tour suites and the official timing & scoring area in the pagoda.
See an amazing (and huge!) LEGO® replica of the entire Speedway.
Media Pit Stop Competition
Enjoy live music, Q&A sessions much more!
Plus, admission to Community Day includes admission to the Indianapolis Motor Speedway Hall of Fame Museum.

We want you at our meet but understand that some cannot make it that weekend. If you can make this day, you can also enjoy a fun event. 8)

#185356  by FIREM
 March 6th, 2009, 4:41 pm
KooLLLLLLLLLLLL I get 2 laps this year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am offically staying for the race so I'll be in town the whole week!!

#186327  by bugoy99
 March 14th, 2009, 10:05 am
Filed my vacation days for Indy last friday. Hopefully will make it this year. I could wait to drive my M to Indy again, for so many miles.

#186340  by beespecial
 March 14th, 2009, 10:24 am
Great. Look forward to seeing you again Antoni.

#186385  by FIREM
 March 14th, 2009, 8:53 pm
There goes the "Most Cruzin" award, O well..... Will be great to see you again Antoni !!

#186387  by Timbo
 March 14th, 2009, 9:48 pm
:lol:
I was thinking the same thing Bob

#186433  by 300maximilien
 March 15th, 2009, 7:07 pm
FIREM wrote:There goes the "Most Cruzin" award, O well..... Will be great to see you again Antoni !!
You could always go to FL first and then caravan with Antoni!

#186470  by bugoy99
 March 16th, 2009, 3:53 am
300maximilien wrote:
FIREM wrote:There goes the "Most Cruzin" award, O well..... Will be great to see you again Antoni !!
You could always go to FL first and then caravan with Antoni!
:lol: