• UPDATE - October Meet in Ocean City MD

• Discuss Club Meetings and Functions
Ocean City 2019 Banner

Membership Banner

Discuss Club Meetings and Functions

Moderator: Moderators

#203020  by alandw
 August 28th, 2009, 12:10 pm
I would love to join up with you guys for the drive down to MD. I wias planning to leave CT by early afternoon - picking up my son at school and heading out. What time were you all planning? I'm flexable.
 #203049  by mnitetrain
 August 29th, 2009, 12:22 am
Alan, my wife has a daycare and rather than screwing up the parents schedules she waits until kids get picked up and then we bounce out. Been working out 630-700PM Thursday arriving OC 2-3AM Fridaydepending on stops. Looks like Keith likes the over night trips too.

Will keep you guys in the loop as things firm up.
 #203088  by alandw
 August 29th, 2009, 3:25 pm
Hmmmm- not sure my schedule now. I was hoping not to take my son out of School FRI and leave early afternoon. But I thought the dates (until I looked more closely) were FRI-MON, not THU-SUN. So I think I will leave THU. We'll talk more as this gets closer I'm sure.

Is everyone staying @ the Princess? Looks very nice. Don- is there a group registration setup yet?
***UPDATE*** I just called the Hotel - the Standard Queen and Bayview rooms are sold out for SAT the 10th. Only the Delux Efficiency Queen, sleeps 6 w/ pull-out couch, is available THU-SUN. Also - the HOT DEALS rates are only available thru on-line reservations- $60 less than phone reservations.
So I defer to Don for now pending any updates on a group reservation.

Any one else going to drive in the parade? Of course- my son insists!! Would be nice to run a few M's, plus we get inside parking. I just emailed the event folks to see if there were openings still - they have a 1500 car limit.

THX - looking forward to seeing everyone!
 #203090  by M-Pressive
 August 29th, 2009, 3:51 pm
alandw wrote:Hmmmm- not sure my schedule now. I was hoping not to take my son out of School FRI and leave early afternoon. But I thought the dates (until I looked more closely) were FRI-MON, not THU-SUN. So I think I will leave THU. We'll talk more as this gets closer I'm sure.

Is everyone staying @ the Princess? Looks very nice. Don- is there a group registration setup yet?

Any one else going to drive in the parade? Of course- my son insists!! Would be nice to run a few M's, plus we get inside parking. I just emailed the event folks to see if there were openings still - they have a 1500 car limit.

THX - looking forward to seeing everyone!
If you leave Thursday night we can meet up and drive down together. Hank and I are loosely planning on leaving MA around 9 or so. The overnight trip isn't bad and we usually bring 2 way radios to talk to each other.

The parade was first come first serve in the past. I am not sure if it has changed since the last time I went but in 2004 I drove in it with a bunch of the other M's.
 #203149  by Red Baron
 August 30th, 2009, 4:51 am
I will finalize and post Monday
 #203193  by mnitetrain
 August 30th, 2009, 5:05 pm
Surprised to hear SpecialEvents.Pro is limiting enrollment. IIRC unlimited, roll what you bring. I do know May show is limited pre 76 and limited REGISTERED attendees.

Showfield/areas are cool to see but the whole atmosphere is all the other enthusiasts and their cars down for the show. Some of them are even nicer than the registered cars!. Also it is not a static display.
Cars are cruisin' and meeting all day and night al over town!.
 #203212  by alandw
 August 30th, 2009, 7:44 pm
This is from the application form for the Inlet Parking Lot Car Shows & Parade:

This event is open to Rods, Customs, Classics and Trick Trucks. Vehicles newer than 1976 must have custom modifications or be of special interest...
THIS EVENT IS LIMITED TO THE FIRST 1500 VEHICLES REGISTRATION WILL NOT BE HELD AT THE EVENT

The registration form is here: http://www.specialeventpro.com/pdf/app-09-endless.pdf

EDIT 09-01-09
Sent my registration today! The parade should be lots of fun - hopefully, we can get several M's and park together after.

I contacted Special Events regarding "modifications of special interest" which you will see on the application since our cars are newer than 1976. I told them many of us have custom wheels, body parts (like spoilers), sound systems, and some engine and suspension mods. The answer was "OK" and send in our applications ASAP.

Be sure to put down "Chrysler 300M Enthusiasts Club"

See you all in OC!
 #204384  by M-Pressive
 September 12th, 2009, 3:16 pm
Don,

I read in your first post about the cruise to the mall and some car judging. Do you want me to work on some categories and/or some plaques for it? Not sure if you had it planned or not. Just figured I would help out if I could.

Let me know so I can come up with some stuff and have them made.

Might I suggest a non-300M award of some sort. haha
 #205123  by mnitetrain
 September 22nd, 2009, 6:28 am
I'm trying to make this happen but can not commit at this moment as I am juggling like 6 balls.

Still hoping to get down again, made both except for one year since our first 04 trip.
 #205261  by sws4420
 September 23rd, 2009, 8:43 pm
Damn. The weekend of my daughter's cheerleading competition.
 #205719  by Red Baron
 September 30th, 2009, 12:41 pm
Small intimate meet with about 15,000 other car junkies from other groups! Plan to have a blast. I hope you guys like Go-Karts and crabs!

May bag the trip to the outlets as we may not have many wives/SOs there.

Can't wait!
 #205827  by FIREM
 October 1st, 2009, 2:50 pm
Unfortunatly I will not make it this time. Really was looking foward to reviving this meet but not in the cards. Hope we talk about the spring event if it does not conflict with Indy....
 #205983  by alandw
 October 3rd, 2009, 12:38 pm
Taking time to fully detail the M before departure and re-doing window tint @ 20% (darker from 35% now) - add a little more "mean" before the cruise :mrgreen:
Picture post being built here: http://300mclub.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=21053
I'll have my new Visor Plaques (thanks Craig) before leaving as well.
Let's go folks, there's still time to make plans and com'on down (or up - or over - where ever you are) :)
 #205984  by M-Pressive
 October 3rd, 2009, 12:41 pm
I agree there is stilll time to make plans and come down. Still a few maybes out there. I just checked and the hotel still has rooms avail.

Detailing the car on Wed, wanted to do it today but it has been raining the whole time.

Looking forward to seeing and meeting the few that are coming.
 #206156  by beespecial
 October 5th, 2009, 2:09 pm
Would really love to be there but the funds are just not available. Early on I was thinking I just might be able to go but as time went on I started getting slammed with some hefty expenses in just the past couple of months that just ate up my "fun money" reserve. Whoever gets to go, have a great time and knock back a brew for me.